Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Today/tonight] Foothold in Darkness

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A foothold in darkness

Introduction:
Nid Arach has always been assailed from afar, after a
long day's travel and the party gathering on the road in plain sight.
Someone has now proposed to combat evil in a more systematic way. To start to make a real difference, an outpost must be created.

Event Description:
It is the first event of a series of very small events of less than an hour.
During this event, a small group of adventurers will explore a specific site on Nid Arach and find the best spot to create an outpost within the boundaries I've set.
At this first event, the party will clear out some ruined buildings and claim one as their own. They will have to make do with what is available on site and use whatever they can find in the rubble. They must be careful to do this covertly and to make sure their base-to-be is not discovered while they set it up. The chosen HQ will become the starting point for all Nid Arach quests from then on.

Foothold in Darkness Quest assignments:

Clear out debris to find a suitable place for good-side HQ
Do not get discovered

Date & Time & Location:
Today (29th of January)
22:00h GMT+1 // 4pm EST
On the road to Storm's Landing at Nid Arach's borders.

Sign-Up Form:
Character Name:
One skill (freeform) which they are good at:
Reason for joining:

Signed-Up [5/5]:
Fronslin - Magic lantern man
Raigo - Silent scout man
Vlad - Boobytrap man
Cyrus - Medicine man
Sugar - The Woman

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is the first part of the "Resisting Chaos" series. They'll be very short events, where players will make changes to Nid Arach, trying to uproot the evil from an HQ within the region. They'll get to choose how to proceed from where they left off at the end of each quest, which will determine what the next quest will focus on!

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Character Name:fronslin
One skill (freeform) which they are good at: magic ( I bring the lights)
Reason for joining: understanding nid
(What a nice way to wake up.)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Since these events will follow up and the attendees will create lasting changes, I thought it might just be more practical to go with the same crew each time.
The quests themselves don't really take that long and that way they can really make progress and set long term goals and decide what to do on the short term.
If this sounds appealing to you, please let me know and I'll put you on the list. Then once we got a solid party, I'll make a small discord group and we can do these at times that suit all 6 of us (party of 5 plus me as DM). The first event will still go through if at least 3 people sign up though

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
Character Name: Raigo Tideborne
One skill (freeform) which they are good at: Scouting, sneaking
Reason for joining: Adventure

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
Character Name: Vlad
One skill (freeform) which they are good at: setting and uncovering booby traps
Reason for joining: He likes the idea of the outpost

Magic Intern

Lord of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Character Name : Cyrus Lavender
One Skill (Freeform) which they are good at : Medicine, Healing
Reason for joining : He's fascinated by Nid

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It was an absolute success! We'll definitely be doing more of these together.
For now, we'll stick with the original five sign-ups. Should a spot be opened, there'll be room for new people to join in.
I'm glad with how it went. We also managed to keep it within the hour. More mini-events to come!

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
Me: Wow that red text in the titles is a neat way to stylize an ominous type of event
Also me: th ork

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Me: Wow that red text in the titles is a neat way to stylize an ominous type of event
Also me: th ork
I do that all the time with Jase 's events too, he was the one who started doing it and I kept trying to see a hidden message and I'm still wandering if you put all the red letters together from all his events if it would spell out a message bwaha

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I do that all the time with Jase 's events too, he was the one who started doing it and I kept trying to see a hidden message and I'm still wandering if you put all the red letters together from all his events if it would spell out a message bwaha
WHUHAHAHAHA
Wait i stole it from you