Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tribute

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
HOLLOWWORLD: WORSHIP EVOLVED
No, but in all seriousness I think this is amazing! I've been wondering about what was to come with the recent events, and even postponed my own in order to plan better. This will make it much easier! (And much more exciting! :) )

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Also-

I'm a little uncertain what this post is exactly. It says "Active Now". Is this going to be an event? Or just an announcement about a new plug-in?

Teeke

Lord of Altera
There is almost always someone praying at the shrines, these days. Not as many as when the winds came, but enough that there is always someone there. Do the gods listen? Can they be persuaded either way?
These sorts of words mean "event"

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Will there be ways to incorporate this plugin for player made shrines? I know that my character prays mostly in Thiil to Silas rather than at the shrine itself.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Will there be ways to incorporate this plugin for player made shrines? I know that my character prays mostly in Thiil to Silas rather than at the shrine itself.
I believe only the temples at the Shrines are officially sanctioned. Bad on me from not having my link game prepared, but there was a post in regards to donations, in which it mentioned temples in towns being solely player monitored and just a part of that region. Not necessarily staff monitored. I would imagine the same would go for the prayer plug-in. Just a humble player's guess though.
It's harder for us to keep track of those.

Niah snyped me!

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
I know I'm not staff or anything, but I wish there was some way I could help to keep track of prayers made in player made shrines! It's a bit strange for my character to leave her perfectly useful temple to go to crossroads.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I wouldn't say we folks should stop praying in our own shrines or homes. It helps with character development on your own, regardless. With the divines being more faint now, one can assume voices and prayers can probably be heard more stronger/better in the Grand Shrine.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So the Plugin/offers only
count/work in the grand cathedral?

If so - thats a real pity :(
We have to go in and edit the config for each shrine area that is added, so yeah. And I'd much rather say that the gods are paying special attention to the cathedral instead of either myself or one of my staff spending hours each day reading through all the logs on the server to find every prayer. I'm very sorry.

And the offerings bit... weeeell, that's more complicated, but has the same effect. Again, terribly sorry.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
We have to go in and edit the config for each shrine area that is added, so yeah. And I'd much rather say that the gods are paying special attention to the cathedral instead of either myself or one of my staff spending hours each day reading through all the logs on the server to find every prayer. I'm very sorry.

And the offerings bit... weeeell, that's more complicated, but has the same effect. Again, terribly sorry.
Could we at least get one shrine hub per continent set up?
The current one kinda favors those living south immensely, which wouldn't be that much of a problem if it was just the plugin alone, but apparently it will have dire effects on RP and character development.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
The current one kinda favors those living south immensely, which wouldn't be that much of a problem if it was just the plugin alone, but apparently it will have dire effects on RP and character development.
It's the one right next to spawn, which everyone can get to for free, so I'm afraid you'll have to explain a bit more as to how it unfairly and "immensely" favors the southern cities.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
It's the one right next to spawn, which everyone can get to for free, so I'm afraid you'll have to explain a bit more as to how it unfairly and "immensely" favors the southern cities.
Especially since it's kinda in the north....

Teeke

Lord of Altera
For example: my character lives WAY south.
She has been making special pilgrimages to the cathedral daily because the god of her choice probably hears her better there.

But the player hasn't been using /worship so the prayers are falling on deaf ears ;_;

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Also if making the trek is had for your character IC. its only as far as walking to a dock master and sailing there

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
How about typing your prayer in the Catherdral but mentioning it was actually prayed at "X" Shrine in the prayer as an OOC note. That way staff can keep up with the prayers easier and folks can still use their fancy temples IC. If it turns out a place is used a lot for a large prayer group staff could then see if their is merit to adding another place to the plugin.