Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Tylla Goraya: The Sky Shaman

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
TYLLA GORAYA

Tylla Goraya Gibbles.jpg
Art by the Amazing Gib !
[
Theme]
Basic Information

Name: Tylla Goraya
Titles: Shamanka
Race: Human
Culture: Ka'ar
Clan: Goraya
Blessed: Tier One
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious, prefers women.
Romantic Status: Taken
Height: A puny 5'5.
Weight: 130Ib
Physical Appearance: Tylla has reddish-brown, slightly curly hair that goes down to her neck. Due to her nomadic lifestyle, Tylla's body is made for endurance in times of hardship, where food may not be the most nutritious or at least not readily available. She is a bit stocky owing to her height, but one doesn't need to be tall when riding around on a pony anyways. Tylla is quite strong, allowing her to pull back even the heaviest of bows. Her eyes are a dark brown and possess a monolidded, almond-shaped appearance.
Eating Habits: Tylla eats heartily when given the opportunity. Her diet tends to consist of meat, fat, and dairy from her goats, cows and occasionally her horses. Fruits and vegetables are not terribly common in her diet, though the ones she does eat include potatoes, beans, wild berries, turnips, and flowers. These are usually either foraged or traded for in the surrounding countryside.
Her favorite foods are dumplings, ribs, sausages, beef stew, sticky rice, and tomatoes. She doesn't really dislike any foods, except for perhaps iceberg lettuce, which she just thinks is water pretending to be a plant.
Drinking Habits: At least a flagon of fermented mare's milk a day, usually spread out over meals. She tries to keep sober most of the time, as an act of discipline.
Exercise Habits: Tylla spends almost every waking hour of her life riding, walking, or otherwise using some part of her body to hunt, herd, or frighten off some animals. However, she can be admittedly quite sluggish at times.
Peaceful or Violent: While she lives for the sting of battle, Tylla understands the importance of not causing trouble. All in all, half and half.
Inventory and Outfits
General Kit: Most of Tylla's belongings are strapped to her saddle. This includes two sets of clothing, some dried goat's meat, a satchel of herbs, a few dozen radiants, a bedroll, and some fire-starting equipment. The Artifact "Happy Wife"; a golden amulet with a gemstone, gifted to her by Boetius, and made by the Figment Charity. She wears it everywhere she goes, as a symbol of her love and devotion to her husband.
Name: Happy Wife
Description: A golden necklace with an amber gemstone set in the shape of a heart.
Effect: The wearer finds themselves lifted from sour moods and upsets more easily, and finds that resting a hand upon the gemstone for a moment they will be given thoughts of their loved one and soothed. Once per day they may have this same warmth to radiate outwards, to promote happier thoughts and feelings even if just for a moment, to those in RP chat.
Item Holder: Tylla Blorbis83
General Outfit: Despite being well-off, Tylla doesn't like to wear flashy clothing like big dresses or long robes. Instead, Tylla wears a long, woolen tunic dyed orange, brown pants, and knee-high, brown riding boots. She also adorns herself in a simple, raw-hide lamellar cuirass. When it's cold, she'll wear a simple fur robe. When not riding, she'll wear some little fur boots. Her tunic often has some gold-thread embossing scattered around its surface. Her armor consists of a boiled rawhide lamellar cuirass with tassets, a steel scale cuirass, and a mail hauberk. In heavier battles, she will wear a bronze gorget, a full suit of plated mail with a mirror-disc in the center, and either a lamellenhelm or a spangenhelm with a mask shaped like a smiling demon. She also has a long-sleeved hauberk of mail, to wear under her lamellar or scale.
Weaponry: Tylla uses the newly repaired weapons of her father. This includes a Dane axe, an Amalfian shortsword, a sagaris-style axe, and a composite recurve, reflex bow with a draw-weight of 166 pounds. She also has a scimitar, a round shield, a guandao, and a variety of bronze daggers.
Instruments: Like most of her folk, she can throat-sing and play the horse-head fiddle with notable skill. She is able to..
- Sing in a variety of throat-singing methods, though khoomei and kargyraa are her favorite. She can also imitate various animals and practice shamanic, ecstatic singing.
- Play the igil- a two stringed-fiddle.
- Play the jawharp.
- Play the doshpuluur- a sort of banjo-lute-hybrid.
- Play the amyrga- a horn used to attract maral reindeer as well as to imitate them.
Wealth: Tylla's wealth consists of an arbitrarily large number of horses, most of which are back in the North Western plains. However, she brought a few with her to Storm's Landing. Radiants are more convenient when dealing with Settlers, but she only has a few dozen to her name.
"Fancy" Outfit: Tylla now wears a green and gold Deel, made of silk, bearing the colors of her Clan, occasionally sporting a pointed, Scythian-style cap alongside it. She has a gold-and-white sash to signify her position as a noblewoman and leader of her family.

Attachments

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
-| Relationships and Personality |-

Personality: Tylla has grown much since her youth, and has become much more tempered as of late in her mannerisms and general outlook. She is still relatively quick to anger and ferociously stubborn, but her temperament is fairly stable, if not rather stern. While still gregarious, she seems to spend much of her time alone or with those she is familiar and is a little less willing to make new friends. Bouts of melancholia and apathy seem to appear much more than she's comfortable with, too. For all these changes, however, much of Tylla remains unchanged; she continues to be a loyal companion to all she calls kith and kin, and is always willing to dole out sound (or what she assumes is sound) advice. She also remains a steadfast enjoyer of storytelling, music-playing, and acts of combat, even if she hasn't had many opportunities to do any of them.

There remains a glimmer of her old joviality in her, now. She intends to nurture it as one would a seed of grass in a burnt out grassland.

Strengths:

- Loyalty. Tylla is loyal to a fault, especially when the honor of someone she cares about is involved, whether or not they are aware. Once you make an enemy, they are automatically Tylla's enemies, generally.

- Strength and Courage. Tylla has immense endurance and strength, mentally and physically. The hard life of a nomad has kept her in shape, and it has allowed her to develop the ability to not be discouraged by frightening rumors, bad weather, monsters, or even the sight of armed thugs.

- Charming. Or, well, at least, we hope. She enjoys making friends and she often is not deterred by her own social faux pas (though she will often reflect on them later). Instead, she will just shrug her mistake off, apologize, and move on with a big grin.

- Open-Minded. Whereas most Ka'ar might disapprove of her mingling with Settlers, she doesn't find them as toxic or dangerous. She is always curious about new ways of doing things, and she also enjoys teaching others about her own way of life.

Flaws:

- A little full of herself, even if she means well.

- While her temper is now under better-wraps, when she does get angry, she does and says things she might heartily regret later on.

- Doesn't always use her brain, and can come off as a bit of a dolt at times.

- Can't always understand sarcasm or metaphors.

- A bit of a hypocrite, at times.

- A prude, Tylla dislikes any discussion where swearing or naughtiness is involved, usually. Though, she's beginning to loosen up a bit.

- A bit of a glutton; the woman's appetite for food is insatiable, and it's a wonder how she hasn't gained much weight!

- Superstitious; Tylla is prone to believing in superstition to the point of gullibility. Tell her a ghost story and she'll likely believe it without a second thought.

-| Relationships |-
Lovers:

Galla Vita: "My big, strong wife! Every time I see you, my heart laughs!" Tylla and Galla met after arguing over whether who had rights to a training spot, and in the ensuing duel, hit it off big time. Galla is everything to Tylla, and she only ever wants to make her happy and bring honor to her life. Galaxy Theme

Boetius Forehorn/"Ogglai": "I want to see your castle, my dearest Ogglai! I want to see how such a soft man lives in such a stony place!" Boetius and Tylla are married, and Tylla could not be any happier. Boetius recently met her daughter Trifae, and has wholeheartedly accepted her as his own, which overjoyed Tylla. She finds it amusing how they both balance each other out, with Boe keeping her anger in check, and Tylla keeping Boe in a more optimistic attitude. TheDuples Theme

Chives Pefferaux: "I'm glad you're back! I have so much to tell you, and so much more to show you, my dearest!" Chives is Tylla's second wife, and where she cherishes Galla for her strength, Tylla cherishes Chives for her great wisdom and her humor, which never fails to lift her spirits when she is in her darkest moment. Ellievator Theme

Family:
[Theme]- Four Seasons, a song about nomadic life.

Trifaë Goraya: "The spirits have sent you back to me. I will not let you go this time." Like a ghost from her past, Tylla's adoptive daughter has returned to her, safe and sound after being kidnapped by unknown assailants. Although Trifaë assures her that she is fine, Tylla cannot help but keep her close, as if she could be whisked away any moment. She will fight to keep her safe, and she will make sure Trifaë continues to be with her family, happy. Lizardd_ Theme.

Maebh, the Fortune Teller: "Even though we are not related, you are always welcome as a member of the Goraya family. There is nothing I would not do for your safety and happiness.." Ever since meeting Maebh at the tavern, the two have grown quite close. At first, Maebh was just a blind student Tylla thought needed a friend, but as they got to know each other, Tylla saw just how strong, intelligent, and kind hearted the girl was. Their discussions went past bone casting and "horse-wisdom" and into the importance of respecting people's feelings, of their desires and dreams in their respective lives, and even their vulnerabilities; something Tylla rarely shares with anyone else. Tylla also has made peace with the fact that Lilith has adopted Maebh, and seeks to fulfill her role as "Auntie" to Maebh, and of course, as a mentor in Shamanism. She will protect her at all costs. Magic Intern

Lilith Alraun: "We have had our ups and downs, but I know you to be a good woman and an honorable sister." Initially, Tylla was quietly jealous of Lilith's adoption of Maebh, and then angry and ashamed at herself for letting Lilith down. Ultimately, though, she has come not only to respect Lilith, but to think of her as a sister, having gone as far as to die in combat to try and save them. She hopes to show her what limited knowledge she has about the spiritual world, as well as to continue to help protect her from danger. Arcana Theme

Friends and Allies:

[Theme]- A song about how friendship increases one's strength.

Fita Illyrim: "Never think poorly of yourself; I will always be so, so proud of you, my little friend. And remember; courage and strength come in all shapes and sizes, and you are the spitting image of both." Ever since Fi's death and consistent injuries, Tylla has come to care deeply for the baker, having had to tend to her wounds and illnesses for a few frightening weeks. She intends to go through with her promise to show her the north, and some baby reindeers, and that nothing like what happened to her before will ever befall her again... Opal

Garrett Herennius: "He has grown much since we first met in a bar. People do not give him the credit he is due; he is truly an honorable, kind, young man." Tylla considers Garrett one of her closest friends. She thinks that he can be a little foolish sometimes, but she knows that when given the chance, he is a bright, clever, and brave young man who would make his ancestors proud. Plus, she loves a good egg eating contest with him. Galaxy

Connor Hayden: "Connor, you are too skinny! How will you be a warrior if you do not eat more meat?" Connor was one of Tylla's first friends. He always makes her laugh and somehow manages to brighten her day. He needs to open up a bit more, though, she thinks. Mudpaw11

Raalvara Edelmonte: "A worthy friend who rules with wisdom and with honor! I am honored to serve within your ranks!" Tylla never thought she would see Raalvara return from her long journey, but she now counts herself blessed to have been alive to do so. She considers Raalvara to be everything a ruler should be; patient, strong, honorable, intelligent, and beautiful. Blackrush will look much, much livelier with her back. Raal Theme

Acquaintances:

Thryss Vendolyn: "I will try not to disappoint you, mentor, though we really should try to get to know one another." Tylla's new mentor since Rook's disappearance. They often disagree with each other, and Thryss is far more casual than Tylla will ever be. Sometimes, she feels a little awkward around her, due to the fact that she hardly knows her and yet will have to rely on her for guidance. Lenore

Mutt: "Despite the fact that I see you wherever Fi is, I know very little about you." Mutt is among the few people that manages to frighten Tylla, and she has noticed that it is this aggressive, slightly overwhelming posturing that prevents her from getting to know her. Other than that, she seems like a pleasant person. Jase

Iskvandar: "I would be honored to take you under my wing, strange one." A possible student to the world of shamanism. Tylla enjoys Iskvander's company a lot, though she gets the feeling he is hiding something. Vincentius

Marian Olliran: "We should talk more, but it seems like a lot of Theodrans are a quiet sort of people." A fellow student under Thryss. Tylla rarely gets to speak to her, but she seems like a nice enough person. mageaegis

Aelyth Fuvur: "You and I....should probably not spar again." A fellow Theodran and a fellow hot-head, Aelyth ended up setting Tylla off in a savage-rage after she hit her in the throat. The fight became ugly, resulting in Tylla's nose being broken and her throat badly bruised. She is not sure if she likes Aelyth, but she feels that she can trust her on the basis that she's a Theodran, at least. Elz

Aryn: "You hardly talk, but you seem like a reasonable person, especially compared to Aelyth and I." Aelyth's silent, cool-headed companion who seems to struggle with expressing himself in most things. Thankfully, this didn't get in the way of his ability to break up the brawl between Aelyth and Tylla. Lannis

Enemies:

[Theme] (Karangailyg Kara Hovaa)

Lorkra Kavoc: "You dishonored your people and yourself with this treachery. Why did you do it?" Tylla once wished to befriend Lorkra, but after finding out that it was she who killed her and Lilith, she holds Lorkra in a mixture of hatred, disdain, and disappointment. Mika

Karn: "Your skull will serve as a nice drinking cup, goblin." When Tylla finds out how she died, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that she will pursue this man to the end of the earth. For now, all she knows is that he's the one who once bit Maebh, and as such, she will also bite him back if she ever sees him. ironassassin

Branko: "You are a constant scourge of this world. I will hunt you down and kill you for the rest of my life, if I can." Branko has always been an enemy of Tylla. There's little else to say.

Forgotten/Dead:

Katherine Kane, Queen of the Kaltstaat: "You have led a hard life, and I wish there was some way for me to make it easier. I am sorry for your loss." Tylla was shocked that Katherine not only was with child, but had lost the child but a few days ago. She hopes that her strength holds out until the problems of the world are resolved. Elz (Forgotten)

Remus Herennius: "A brave boy with an iron gut and a will of steel! I hope you like your reindeer!" Remus is Garrett's younger brother, but more importantly, he is a rowdy, but welcome sight for Tylla. She enjoys speaking with him and laughing at his jokes, especially because he doesn't take himself so seriously. He reminds her of her older brother. ShamelessSauce (Forgotten)

Tylla Goraya by FluffyBristle.png

Tylla Bannerlord Improved.png

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
-| Skills and Shamanistic Knowledge |-
Skills:

Horse-Archery - 6/10 - Tylla loves a good hunt on horseback. She's probably better with a bow on a horse than she is on foot.

Sukh (Two Handed/Polearms)- 7/10- Tylla is able to use the Dane axe and the glaive with some proficiency, but she isn't a master at it.

Selem (Sword)- 5/10- Tylla prefers axes and clubs to swords. She's fairly average when it comes to using her scimitar and shortsword.

Lasso - 5/10- Mainly used for herding reindeer, horses, and other cattle, Tylla has never actually used her lasso for combat, but it's safe to assume that she'd be able to wrangle a warrior just as well as an angry stallion.

One-Handed Weapons - 6/10- Tylla loves using her sagaris axe more than any of the weapons in her arsenal. She always makes sure to have it ready on her waist.

Throat-Singing and Instruments- 10/10- Tylla has mastered the traditional instruments of her clan, as well as most forms of throat singing and vocalisations. She even has learned to throw her voice across a room to confuse people!

Cooking - 3/10- She can't make dumplings or noodles like her great grandma, but she can absolutely butcher an animal and smack it's remains in a fire. Not gourmet, but not necessarily inedible.

Handwriting - 2/10- Writing isn't too big in the steppe, so while she can read just fine, her handwriting is atrocious.

Herding and Animal-Handling- 10/10- Tylla's life is basically all about herding her sheep, goats, cows, horses, pigs, and ducks. It comes as naturally to her as breathing. She knows how to birth all manner of animals, how to best calm them down, and how to best utilize their parts.

Medicine/Herbalism- 5/10- She knows what herbs can assist in the mending of wounds and lessening of sicknesses. She knows how to patch up and stitch wounds fairly well, since, in her mind, if you know how to cut someone, surely it's just a matter of doing it in reverse.

Bronze Smithing - 5/10- Tylla has learned how to smith basic, sort of plain, but functional bronze arms and armor.

Shaman Training Progress:
[Theme]

While Erkhem (Nobles) do not need to be shamans, Tylla has always had a fascination with the spiritual, including when it comes to convening with the spirits of her ancestors. As such, Tylla has undertaken training to become a shaman in the hopes that it might bring her and others wisdom, balance, and mental-well being.

Bone-Casting- 8/10- One of the first things that Tylla learned as a shaman was the reading of oracle bones. Initially, her interpretations were fairly simple, but now, looking into the bones, she can see stories of things that will be, and prophecies formed by things that once were.

Ecstatic Singing and Dancing - 10/10 - Tylla has largely mastered the art of letting the universe take hold of her movements and voice as she whips herself into a frenzy of animistic spasms. She has found that ecstatic dancing is an excellent way to induce a trance.

Trances and Visions- 10/10- Tylla is now able to place herself in a trance with great ease, with or without a headdress to obscure her vision- though she prefers using the headdress. She finds that, while she cannot remember what goes on in her trances, it is this that intrigues her clients the most.

Animal-Rituals- 5/10- Tylla has a fairly good grasp on how to summon animal spirits during her trances, as well as a decent understanding of what most animals mean in a spiritual or personal context. Her biggest strength are her uncanny imitations of various birds, reindeer, mountain lions, and wolves.

Blessings- 5/10- Blessings are quite easy for Tylla! She has realized that she doesn't need to stay have a set script; just to say what comes from her heart. It also involves a lot of listening and empathy, which is sometimes hard for her, though.

Dream, Weather, and Animal Divinations- 3/10- Divination still stumps her, but when Tylla looks at a flock of birds for an answer, she thinks she might be able to find patterns. Her dreams, while strange, are largely nonsensical images and narratives.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Considering an update later. Do I need to update relations for anyone?

Also she has a new outfit; a deel with her clan colors of green and white.

This was created by the amazing DizPanda

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Small updoot! Poke for relations if I missed you. Other updates are in red. :)