Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

tyuifire7's Application [Accepted- Jase]

tyufiire7

Lord of Altera
Legend
UmbraNight
UmbraNight
Legend
1. What is your Minecraft username?
UmbraNight

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using OOC knowledge in a roleplay scenario when your character wouldn't know that information. Powergaming, on the other hand, is doing something in Roleplay that makes the other roleplayer(s) have no other actions or retaliation. An example of this is *she stabs her sword into her opponent's heart* that's powergaming, the correct phrase is *She stabs her sword towards her opponent's hearts* this second phrase allows the roleplayer to retaliate.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Shao

8. Tell us about yourself!
I like to read, one of my favorite books comes from Rick Riordan called The Red Pyramid. I like to play Minecraft and Dead By Daylight when I'm on Minecraft. I typically play roleplay servers. I like to write novels, there's just something fun about writing somebody else story.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't like to show off much, so no. my stories are typically for my eyes only. Not trying to be rude, I just don't like sharing my stories.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found it on Topg.org.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Umbra Nocte

Character Age:

Character Race:
Sangrian Human

Appearance:
A 6'0 Northern Sangrian man, Umbra has short brown hair with cloudy blue eyes. He typically wears a white shirt with black trousers with a belt, he wears a gold pendant given to him by his mother who gave it to him so he could explore his newfound freedom. The only constant with his wardrobe is his scarf that's packed with herbs to keep his mind sharp.

download (3).png
Written Test!
Born in Halbed, Northern Sangria, Umbra only had one family member, he didn't know his father, but he had a good life until his mother and himself caught an illness, they were sweating and seeing things that weren't there. His mother took them to doctor in town, who told them they contracted the infamous Ashen Blight. The doctor asked if they been in contact with anyone, she answered no since she schools Umbra herself and they rarely enter the town, since Umbra was young, he was separated from his mother. The last words he heard from her was to pray for them and stay strong. He did what his mother told him and he prayed to Jax to save them both. As months passed, Umbra got better, but his mother was slipping deeper into Skraag's embrace and there was nothing he could do, but cry and pray harder. His mother finally started getting better, he felt overjoyed and kept praying to the god, his mother regained her strength little by little, he was 9 once he was deemed cured and his mother was still getting checked by doctors, who wanted to keep her for a month to make sure the virus is gone. Umbra returned to his room that was overrun with flora, he began to work on his mother home, he cleared flora away from the home each day until it was back to how he remembered. His meals consisted mainly of plants from his mother's garden, his mother would get money from working late at night, Umbra didn't know what jobs she did, but she brought money home that would sustain them for months on the necessities. He started catching up on his study as he waited for his mother, he read most of the stories in his mother's bookcase which consisted of basic herbs books and survival books, he learned all he could from the book, so he could survive on his own. It's been two months and he was worried that something happened to his mother, he couldn't focus on his book as he was anxious to see his mother. He heard the doorknob jiggle as it turned, he could hear a sangrian curse beyond the door, he knew his mother home since she would always fight with the doorknob to open. The door creaks as his mother enters the home and gives him a warm hug, whispering sweet words in his ear. His life was back to normal, his mother asked if he prayed in the hospital, he answered her with a yes. His mother gave him a coin with a silver anchor, saying if you carry that around and take every opportunity that presents itself to him. When Umbra turned 18, he was given the opportunity to leave home travel with the words from his mother in the past in his head, he went off on his journey exploring the land.

Current Setting of the Server:
The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.
In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Decent application however there are a number of points which I am going to have to address with you before I can whitelist you.
  • You mention red armor? Not sure what you mean by that so please elaborate? Do remember that your character cannot start off with amy high quality armor, no plate, only the meanest, rustiest of armor and weapons which would fall apart under a few solid hits.
  • Your backstory refers to Ashen Blight? You may need to touch up on what the Ashen Blight is if thats the case as it was a big event in this world. [Disease] (Your character might have heard of the disease, and might know a few of the symptoms, but wouldnt be able to recognize the sickness on a sick person, and only limited knowledge. Most knowledge will have to be gained IC.)
  • You need to also make sure you start your character off with only basic skills. They cannot be a knight, and they cannot be a trained, deadly fighter, only a novice at best. You will need to learn in game.
  • Please avoid the trope of -dead parents now orphan- in your backstory. Please change.
  • Do remember the server is medieval. I cant fully see your skin, but make sure it is medieval in nature and fits your character (aka dont fit a character to a skin instead make a skin to fit a character).
Let me know if you need any clarification or have worked on the above by responding to this thread.

tyufiire7

Lord of Altera
Legend
UmbraNight
UmbraNight
Legend
I have edited my character down using the mentioned points you brought up, sorry that it took so long, I will also be editing my skin, so I will also post a new skin when I get it done, the skin used will be the basis, the only difference is I'm removing the jacket.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
And awesome :)
Please do make sure that you have a skin to fit the medieval theme- but other than that, I am happy to accept you!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.