Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Update Log ]=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

Simply a place to document any changes or updates to the system - I was posting in the divine staff section and I don't believe it was seen regularly.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
|| April 9th, 2020 ||

Several players have brought up some confusing wording in spells, this is to say it is being worked on as a whole instead of tweaking each spell as issues come up. Please be patient, but I'll make a thread for questions regardless.​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
|| April 16th, 2020 ||

In the next day or two, God sections will be moving to their own sub-folders with more organisation and information pertaining to each God instead of it all being in one place. Hopefully this makes it easier to find things. This will also include a place for all spells of that specific God, which I'm pleased to announce are going to be reworked - One god at a time. (Please do not take to asking divine staff about helping with spells or ideas; it is appreciated but we've a team working on it as it stands. Thankyou.)​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| April 18th, 2020 ||

With the moving of Gods into their own sub-forums, Shalherana is the first Divine to get the new spell list published. Whilst this may be exciting, I'd like to request the new spells are not used until all Gods are completed for the sake of fairness. Additionally, things may be tweaked and edited as we work on the rest. Thankyou for your patience. :)

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil

|| April 18th, 2020 ||

With the moving of Gods into their own sub-forums, Shalherana is the first Divine to get the new spell list published. Whilst this may be exciting, I'd like to request the new spells are not used until all Gods are completed for the sake of fairness. Additionally, things may be tweaked and edited as we work on the rest. Thankyou for your patience. :)
As I'm needed on the campaign, these might be delayed a little - while they're still coming, I have a lot of stuff to do.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| May 4th, 2020 ||

Just to clarify - If a Divine Artifact exchanges hands, is hidden, or is destroyed, Divine Staff must be updated as to the status of the item. This is in the Relics of Altera thread but I realise things get lost or forgotten.
Additionally, as of today: Any artifacts in the possession of another will not work unless approved for use by Divine Staff. That is to say whilst they can be held, their abilities cannot be used unless we sort that out in conversation.​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| May 4th, 2020 ||​

I've gone through to edit several Divine Artifacts in regards to who they are attuned to. Many have changed hands and I no longer know who's hands they're in, and some are no longer held in high regard or are inactive enough to not have much presence on the server. For the sake of keeping things new and interesting all the artifacts listed below have vanished from their current owners. If they show up in events or other situations down the line, the attuned section will be updated from N/A.

A clarification is added also to the Divine Artifacts page;
"A divine Artifact is an item given to a Blessed character by their own chosen divine - This means that item cannot be used by anyone else unless permission is given by Divine Staff. If an item is not 'attuned' it may find itself moving and vanishing from where it is being held, or sometimes rendering itself inert and useless, forgotten. Some items can be held for a period of time by another if entrusted to do so by the original owner, but eventually these items will follow the same path or be absorbed into being the new Blessed's Artifact. Blessed can only be Attuned to one item at a time, and flicking between two items is no longer acceptable. At T4 two artifacts can be attuned to."

Name: Once
Physical Description: An Arrow with green and white feathers.
Ability: Given by Theodra years past. If shot, it will find its mark. One use only.
Attuned to: Somnastra Somnastra

Name - Necromancer's Emblem
Description - A skull-shaped necklace with an intimidating presence.
Abilities - Every other day the wearer may target a creature in sight, which must roll a d20 against a DC 14. If it is not successful, the creature is terrified of the wearer for one minute, and is strongly inclined to flee from them. Applies to players and monsters capable of emotions, including undead.
Attuned to - Iskvandar Vincentius

Name: Cloak of Crawling
Description: A black cloak that seems threadbare on the edges and seems to shift uneasily.
Ability: Once per day the wearer can will the cloak to disintegrate into a wave of spiders that bite and terrorise people in the vicinity for five minutes before dispersing entirely. The cloak reforms within 24 hours regardless of the spiders being killed off.
Attuned to: Whitespoor Jase

Name: Chain of Change
Physical Description: A chain with a clasp, like a necklace. The metal is black and yet glints multiple colours when looked at and turned about. Could be used as a twice wrapped bracelet, also.
Ability: So long as it is worn about the neck or wrist, the attuned will find they hear whispers and mumbles and various insects are drawn to them. It will also burn anyone it is not attuned to, like searing hot metal.
[Shift] The attuned may, over the span of about five minutes, transform into a spider of their choice*. It is a painful experience, but they are unable to make sound, and the mental cost of using it makes them fall a little bit more into madness each time. This is up to the player on how to roleplay it or just how mad they get. Can be used once per day, and the transformation back into a human takes about the same amount of time.
* It does not include venomous spiders, nor the bestiary entry spiders.
[Immunity] They are also immune to any venom of spider origins, including the giant spiders in the bestiary section. They will not be actively bitten.
Attuned to: Cassandra Glade Kakers

- - -

The following items have vanished from their owners but have been removed from the Divine Artifacts page:

Name- The Black Egg of Vata'inu
Physical Description - A small black egg with hues of dark teal. Patterns shift under moonlight. The shell is thick and can fit into a palm.
Ability- Once per day, the egg will allow its holder a roll (DC 10) to see past one illusion spell - arcane or divine. They can see things as they really are.
Attuned to - Tevis Warwolf

- - -

The following items have lost all their magical properties, and have been removed from the Divine Artifacts page.

Name - The Opal Ring
Physical Description - A bright, round opal within a silver setting. The silver band is thin, but holds a delicate pattern embossed into the metal. On the inside is an engraving: "I will never forget Corbenic." { x }
Ability - When the attuned looks into the stone, it whispers into their mind, "You have the most beautiful eyes." It can only be heard by the attuned.
Attuned to - Sheila Sominus Cor bettemus99

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| May 5th, 2020 ||

Divination has been reworked - It will now begin in a more cryptic fashion, with only odd signs as a response, and as the blessed gets higher in rank the spell responses will become clearer. Be it words and phrases from tier two onwards, for example.
- - -
This is effective from now onwards.​
Divination
Tier: 1
Divine: Universal
Action: Ritual
Components: S, V, M
Cost: 1sp
Duration: C
Spell: With a ritual based around their chosen divine(such as lighting candles or incense, giving an offering, etc), a blessed may ask a single simple question - And are given a sign of some kind in return. This is limited to once per OOC week and may take several days for a response. At the lowest tier, it can be very vague and the response may not be given, verbal, or clear that one was granted at all. As the blessed grows higher in tier, the responses become clearer.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| May 27th, 2020 ||

With people inching closer to T3 - And with some already there - I'd like to announce that moving forwards custom spells will not be applicable and if given already, to stop using them for the time being. The campaign has taken a lot of focus and attention right now so the new divine reworking has been paused, but different rewards at each tier are part of that, it'll just take a little while. Thanks!​

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| May 30th, 2020 ||

This is an announcement to bring awareness to divine profiles - Please update them. Ensure the spells you have on there are the current spells from the current spell list, and know that it is on you to ensure you update it if I announce in the future spell updates or changes. Spells should be prepped at the start of the day and not only updated prior to a fight with another player. Spells absolutely must be described in emotes as what is being cast, at bare minimum announcing the name of the spell in your emote and if you're being polite, link to the spell in a PM or local chat as well.

Profiles not updated nor kept updated, Blessed who do not provide a description/name of the spell cast when used, will be at risk of a removal from the system.​

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| June 2nd, 2020 ||

The [Artifact] page has been updated. I'll give a rundown;

Divine Manacles, Sacred Ash, and the Emberstone - These have all dispersed into ashes and dispersed (or just dispersed if already ashes), as they were created during the Reaching Hand campaign and have seen their use. They were not intended to be additional items and artifacts for continued later use, and with the introduction of Sunblessed, I feel this is a good time to update.

Incandescence, Unyielding - These are items generally in holding or being cared for, and moving forwards items that were once in the possession of a Blessed but then passed on will generally find themselves being rendered inert with no properties or disappearing for the possible chance at them re-emerging eventually. As a result, these blades have gone, and if the opportunity arises for new Blessed of the right faith, they may come into play again.

Once, Gambler's Coin, Necromancer's Emblem, Cloak of Crawling, Staff of Turning - These items are simply moved into being 'missing' as a result of no longer being in the hands of an active Blessed. These too may find themselves re-emerging eventually.

- - -

Additionally, a reminder:
"Any Divine Blessed that has been inactive for 4-6+ months will have their thread archived and Divine magic stunted until activity or an appeal in roleplay is made."

I will be going over these today.​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

|| June 16th, 2020 ||

I will be working on a more formal write-up explaining this more in depth at a later date, but for now:

Sermons for Gods will find a decrease in 'signs' - These were never intended to be present at every sermon but have reached a point where I need to lessen them like I have done with Divination. For those events or sermon+event hybrids I will still make an effort to appear and do something, but the recent bout of cathedral visits or tenet-teaching I will be doing less for. This does not mean the God is unhappy with you or even that you shouldn't bother with them anymore; the basis behind them is to help other characters be introduced to the faith/god and ask their questions. Just add an overview of the sermon to your divine logs. Thanks!​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1593703865900.png
|| July 2nd, 2020 ||

For 1-2 weeks Divine Staff will be on a hiatus as of Sunday 5th July. Anyone who is pending on a rank up or thinks they deserve one should bump their conversations and I'll see about getting answers to them by this date. Any Divinations should also be done by this date for the same reasons. Anything after this date will not be looked at for a while.​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1593703865900.png

|| July 29th, 2020 ||

More of an announcement: If you feel your old Artifacts could do with being a bit stronger/different, bump with the current item in your conversations.​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1597536007404.png
|| August 16th, 2020 ||

Shalherana got some updates.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1597536007404.png

|| August 16th, 2020 ||

All the Divine pages have been updated - Alignments are set to Chaotic, Neutral, or Lawful. Tenets have been tweaked, reworded, re-written. Domains have been shuffled and re-organised. Colours are added, formatting edited. I've worked until 8:30am so if there are errors I'll address at another time, but for now, those who are affected by the changes IC may be given 'dreams' and vague hints to these shifts and their Divines urge them to amend any written tenets if applicable.
Sorry if it upsets some. For some like Skraag maybe that insane wording was good, or TGL having less tenets/domains worked, or Sallana/Vermella hybrid was cool but I think this was the right way forward.​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1599073018298.png
|| September 2nd, 2020 ||

The 'Divine Grounds' thread has been updated. The major update here is that any who get violent within the cathedral at spawn are removed from it. Do not start making your murder threats or attacking others within this place without RPing out the consequences. Thanks to BoredBrit for the writeup.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1599081374009.png
|| September 2nd, 2020 ||

The Gods are actively aware of their shrines and places of worship. It is time to officially state that any defacing, destruction or damage to a shrine or place of worship must now be reported by the person who has done so, to the Divine Team [Start a conversation with BoredBrit] and it will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.​

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
-=][=-
A quick note asking folks with divine logs to add me to them unless said log is to Jishrim, Visage or Skraag.​

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

1604674722908.png

|| November 6th, 2020 ||

Whilst a lot of reviewing of the new system (released on 1st November) was done in alternate threads, I will post below a log of the new changes like a patch:

HELPING HAND [Korog] - The spell has been updated to clarify by 'key' it means 'actual key', as well as a note to the languages it understands and that only the creators and key holders are able to give it orders.

MARK OF PASSING [Grey Lady] - Clarified the spell by including a piece on a ritual in the description, as well as clarifying how it must be cast one time per person and not one cast for multiple targets.

WITHIN REACH II [Jax] - Reworded the cost on this spell to state the meaning of 'pocketing' the item, was not intended to refer to SP costs each time is was dismissed. Have additionally removed that Jax 'takes the item' upon changing the item to be pocketed.

T5 Jax Passive has also been updated to remove the roll for a gemstone, and is replaced with a luck based one for rolls.

RELENTLESS [Valiant] - Nerfed it a bit, because it was a little too extreme and the wording could be taken as being literally unstoppable for an entire hour. Works better to me now.

ACOLYTE OF UNDEATH [Skraag] - Just a note added to clarify 'magical means' includes Formistry.

PHOENIX [Ignis] - Minor note added that it does not need to eat but it can be fed things that will get incinerated if it eats them.

DEATH WARD [Grey Lady] - Have added a note to allow this to be cast on creatures. You can save the horses that keep dying in events.

HEALING HAND I & II, SAVING GRACE [Shalherana] - Healing Hands I has been clarified to not cleanse the wound at the same time, and this ability is added at the second rank. It is included in Saving Grace as well.

NECROMANCY III [Skraag] - Have added a note that the only revival system applicable to these ghoulish characters is the Brotherhood/Sisterhood. Characters likely do not have the knowledge IC required to handle the state of the soul and body of a ghoul. Also added the note that you won't be punished by the timer of revival for your 'first' death being perhaps a month prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.