Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Update Log ]=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I've spent the last while updating this thread to be organised into respective gods so its easier to find things. Do let me know if I'm missing your items - There's been a bit of a backlog on artifacts lately. Feel free to send in a ticket on discord if your items havent been seen yet (I'll go over the thread today but I know theres more than on there).

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
A few updates. I know something was mentioned about changes being so often in the Divine system and I apologise for it, but things do need to be tweaked and changed along the way as we find mistakes over time or that things could do with clarifications.

I also want to add that we'll be going over 'times' and 'turns' when we can, to define times in and out of combat. For now the spells below have 'a turn' which helps cover when its in combat but yes we'll be working on that shortly.

Artifacts
Some updates to the Artifact page - It now explains that you can submit Artifacts for a rework providing it is not working how intended/there are problems not foreseen/etc. This is not something to be done every month when you tire of it, and should be done only once.

The other update is a clarification on what we tend to avoid in Artifacts and why. Please read: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/artifact-trinket-guidelines.50448/

Beastform Edits
Additionally an update to the Theodra beastform spells, I've further clarified them, added a time to the shift process (it did not have one before, I didn't notice), and removed 'bear' from the lower tier/specified a list of animals. Tier four has bear instead, but no longer Gryphon/Kaiser Scorpion as they are incredibly dangerous/strong and also hard to be emoted. Added the same piece on appearance to T4 version.

The edited spells are as follows;

BEASTFORM I
Divine: Theodra.
Tier: 3
Action: Prayer, and holding a totem in line with the animal of choice.
Cost: 5 SP
Duration: Up to five hours.
Spell: The blessed grasps the totem of the animal they wish to shift into, and over the period of one turn they will feel their bones move, muscles pull, and bodies contort until they takes its form in full. They are able to remain in this form for up to five hours before they are forced to return to normal following the same minute of discomfort. They can be injured in this form and not be forced to change back, but any injuries sustained will scale with size to their normal body upon shifting back. They cannot shift if they are wearing armour, and belongings such as weaponry, cloaks or satchels are left behind from where they changed. The totem remains on the animal, be it tooth or feather or claw, and is back in their hand upon returning.
The following forms are available: Mouse, Bird, Snake, Cat, Dog, Fox, Deer, Boar, Wolf
[Note on Appearance]
When in beastform, the Theodran blessed finds that their new animal form bears striking similarities to their mortal form. Scars are carried over, along with one's eye colour and even the tint of fur or scales being as close to the blessed's own as naturally possible for the chosen animal form- e.g bears cannot have blonde hair, but they will be a lighter brown as they default to the closest natural shade for that animal.
BEASTFORM II
Tier: 4
Action: Prayer.
Duration: One day.
Spell: The blessed decides on an additional form that cannot be changed once decided upon. This spell requires no totem, but they do take one turn to somewhat painfully shift into it, their bones snapping into place and bodies contorting over the duration. This form can be retained for an entire day or night (12 hours), and as before, any injuries will not force them to return but will scale in size upon their normal form once they do shift back. In this form they may communicate telepathically with those who would usually be in range of speech, their voice sounding as their human form in the mind of their targets.
The following forms are available: Direwolf, Bear, Unicorn, Shark
[Note on Appearance]
When in beastform, the Theodran blessed finds that their new animal form bears striking similarities to their mortal form. Scars are carried over, along with one's eye colour and even the tint of fur or scales being as close to the blessed's own as naturally possible for the chosen animal form- e.g bears cannot have blonde hair, but they will be a lighter brown as they default to the closest natural shade for that animal.
Flight of Phoenix
This spell has been buffed to be an actual temporary flight spell, for it is a T4 spell - It has its limitations, we'll see how it goes.

FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX
Divine: Ignis.
Action: Prayer, and the offering of a feather.
Cost: 5SP
Duration: One hour.
Spell: The caster wills forth a pair of great wings of shimmering flame, and grants themselves the ability of flight providing they are not in armour nor carrying great weight (such as another person), but can carry a weapon in their hands. They may linger in the air or move up to the speed of a running human, as well as glide long distances, but this spell will only last for one hour and they find they are not able to go above a certain height, the winds becoming too threatening to their wings. (Roughly 20 blocks, don't worry about counting each one). If they fly in the rain, the spell lasts half as long, the wings unable to continue burning in full.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
+ For now, 'Skinshed' and 'Suit Up' have an addition of 'one turn' being the time taken for the spell to work. Again this may be changed in time when we go over things in full regarding time and turns but for now this puts them on the same par as the Theodra ones.

Edit: Suit up is now 'three turns/15 seconds (whichever is shorter)'.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
+ A thread has been made to give guidance to returning players who seek to return to the divine system - Please give it a read.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
+ Some edits have been made to the 'Divine Tiers Guide' thread. In an effort to lessen the events on such things like the event request thread you can have 'contribute to' (by attending an event) or 'hosting' (hosting your own). This means you do not have to host an event or have a part in making the event happen for this to work, and simply attending an event where you do something favourable works. A clarification is also added that the event focus and the 'notable acts' should be separate things on your log. Hopefully this clears up some things.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
+ Last update for the day, I promise. There is now a blurb on 'Multi Faith' under the Divine Magic Overview:

- [ MULTI-FAITH ] -
So long as you hold a more clear and secure faith to one, you may follow a secondary faith (such as joining a cult) but know that you will not receive T1 in both (or beyond). This faith must still be genuine, you should not be joining a cult for its benefits with no actual faith or basis behind it. It is possible that you may receive a 'Grace' with dedicated worship to both, but it can be a tricky path to follow. It should be noted that some Gods however strictly forbid multi-faith, such as Sallana and Ignis, and that others may feel scorned with favour to another.​

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
+ We're putting a pause on the Divine Cult system, effective immediately, so that the Divine Team can re-establish its workings and better present what is and isn't possible via its workings.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
First batch of edits/new things is now live (I'll edit the threads with them after I post here). I'd like to thank all of you fellas in the blessed chat for being easy to work with and supportive!

Vision has been reworked:

VISION
Action: Touch, or the offering of an item thematic to the divine (holy symbol, coin, bone, letter, etc).
Cost: 1SP
Duration: One minute.
Spell: By touching the target or offering an item, the caster wills the scene of something vaguely thematic to their divine in the mind of another, though it is not distracting enough to hinder them in combat or tense situations. With enough focus, the target can try to tune it out, but it cannot be entirely ignored. Can only be used on the same target once per day.

Illusion I and II have been tweaked to clarify how they interact with each other as well as a range - Props to Dee in particular for the work on these!

ILLUSION I
Divine: Visage.
Tier: 1
Cost: 1 SP Duration: 30 minutes or until touched.
Spell: The caster creates a small illusion that is no larger than a dog, capable of emitting basic sounds but disperses into smoke upon being touched (or touching a living thing) by anything aside from the caster themselves. It has the ability to give off no more light than a candle, regardless of if it is an illusory campfire. Up to two illusions may be active at a time within a range of 10b. Illusions react to other illusions at the casters’ discretion, but cannot be dispelled by them.
ILLUSION II
Tier: 2
Cost: 2SP
Duration: 30 minutes or until dispersed.
Spell: The caster can create an illusion of something no larger than a horse within 10b of them, capable of basic sounds but also able to give the brief impression of touch before it disperses. This includes the faint sting of a bite or stab, though it will leave no physical wounds. These illusions are capable of giving off as much light as a torch if desired. Up to two illusions may be active at a time, though will disperse into smoke if a more forceful touch is given with a delay of a minute. The caster is able to touch and hold them with no issue. The illusion responds to other illusions at the caster’s discretion, and is capable of dispelling those created by Illusion I—but cannot be dispelled by other illusions itself.

Watchful gaze has been edited a little to include something about movement stated in the FAQ but never added:

WATCHFUL GAZE
Action: Prayer and a marking in white chalk.
Duration: Three days.
Spell: The caster marks out an area or item with the symbol of an eye at least as big as a palm, and they may close their own eyes to focus for several minutes and see through that symbol. They see in a black and white spectrum, but are unable to understand words spoken or hear anything. They may focus on it whenever they like, but the mark will fade after three days and must be recast. The mark can be mobile, but looking through it rends horrible nausea onto the caster until the object stabilizes.

Flametouch has been revised to not focus on undead and to give it a bit more utility:

FLAMETOUCH
Duration: 10 minutes.
Spell: The caster wills a hand, even if covered with a gauntlet or fabric, to be aflame in a golden hue. This fire will not burn them, nor what they wear on the hand, but can be used to burn any other or to use as a way to ignite other materials. They may will the flame to hover idly about their head to help illuminate or return to their hand so long as it is within the duration. Whilst it moves about the head, their emotions and thoughts are hidden from those who would pry, any who attempt seeming to find only a sort of golden light or the sound of a roaring fire.

Wall of Fire has been updated to no longer emit smoke and to confirm that entities played by players don't immediately die like mundane undead:

WALL OF FIRE
Action: Prayer and the touch of a hand to the ground for a moment.
Duration: 30 minutes.
Spell: The caster throws up a wall of fire one metre thick, two metres in height, and up to ten metres across. This fire does not emit any smoke, nor does the flame spread or grow regardless of the fuel it could consume or the ground it is cast on. Any known allies of the caster will not feel the heat beyond a comforting warmth, though the fire will burn them if touched. Any undead (non-player variants) that walk across it will turn into ash, though it is as normal fire for any other.

Draw Flame has been entirely replaced by a spell that focuses a little less on flame and more on 'light' and having some protection abilities:

PILLAR OF LIGHT
Action: Prayer, and the offering of a holy symbol of Ignis.
Cost: 4SP
Spell: The caster offers a symbol to Ignis with a prayer for one round/ten seconds, and in doing so, the symbol burns away as golden flakes that then move and scatter in a radius of ten blocks from where it was placed. As they move through the air and disperse, they form a shimmering pillar of golden light that will go through any building (not damaging it) and into the skies. Within, light shines as if they are under the midday sun regardless of the location, and any who are not invited within by the caster who seek entry are burnt as if it is scalding metal. Those within the pillar are kept at a comfortable warmth, and chaos is repelled from them. (Individuals within the pillar are given a temporary relief from any spell that would tamper with their mind in some way, clearing their mind. If the effects would linger after that hour they will continue, however.)

Unburnt II has been buffed to include a longer time and an automatic cast on multiple people instead of being seperate casts:

UNBURNT II
Action: Prayer and touch of the target.
Spell: The caster protects themselves and up to three others from being burnt by fire. The caster’s veins glow golden, eyes burning a fiery hue. Anything worn is additionally warded from burning. Targets will find that once the spell concludes their body will have a lingering rash from anywhere that would be afflicted by fire, and feel a somewhat unpleasant stinging sensation, as if they’re a bit too hot, not lasting more than an hour.

A new spell after a few people have asked about birthmarks/blessings on children, prompted by The Cartoon Witch ! I wont include all of the marks here, they'll be on the 'universal spells' page similar to the feast spell.

BAPTISM
Action: Prayer, an offering to the divine, and touch.
Cost: 3SP
Duration: Permanent.
Spell: The caster offers something thematic to their divine (an animal, a corpse, golden goblet, sword, etc - It should be notable) and prays whilst marking a symbol upon an infant anywhere from newborn to three years old. This marking can be in water, ash, blood, etc. and does not denote where a marking (no bigger than an inch long/wide) will form. The marking location is at the choice of the parents OOC, and whilst most markings will be replaced by another, it is possible for a secondary mark to be present as a 'birthmark' only (in the cases of two parents of different faiths). Clarify with Divine staff if it is applicable.
Note: This can be cast on a pregnant mother instead, in which the child will be born with the marking already applied, automatically applying to both twins/triplets if applicable.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I've completed passives and I am now on reviewing T1 spells in the blessed chat (those blessed folk can see a link to it in discord if you're not in there and wish to be) but these things won't be live until I've gone over it all. However, in the meantime, I've updated the Purify spell:

PURIFY
Action
: Prayer and the holding of a container of water.
Spell: The caster blesses the equivalent to one cup’s worth of water and changes it’s qualities. It must remain in a container, and contact with said container must be held for at least ten seconds to fully turn its contents. The contents may be poured into another container but will turn back into water the next day. This cannot be stockpiled, for any liquid will revert back after the duration. The following can be made by any Blessed:

Holy Water: Undead, Vyres, Mages, and Heretics (those who worship something not of the Pantheon) are burnt by this water like it has the same properties of boiling water. It causes nasty burns, but these burns will heal over the span of three days and leave behind no markings, nor can the burns become infected. If consumed by any individual not those it burns, it eases and heals: headaches, minor bruises, stomach upsets, scratches.
Lifeblood: This blood can be used to satisfy any Vyre as sustenance, tasting wonderful and lightening their mood. This blood does not burn anyone, not holding the same properties as Holy Water. A small circle made of this liquid has been known to ward away supernatural entities such as ghosts/wraiths for a limited time, as if the blood itself reminds them of the living. It can be smelt as normal blood would be, and may trigger Feral Vyres in the same manner.
Divine Oil: This oil cannot be used to harm another, but it becomes scented and ideal for the use of anointing in ceremonies. If the container is lit, it will burn for one day as a small fire with hues thematic to the specific divine (up to the player), though will extinguish if removed from the container and return to water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I'll be posting new sections in the divine areas for 'Passives' - These are not live yet but I will announce when they are. I will also be working on the first part of the big 'Divine Review' with T1 spells soon, I'll post them here when they're done. Thank you for patience!

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
With the help of a good deal of you in the divine system, the 'Tier One' review is complete, with various spells getting edits or replacements. I'll post them all here and work on updating T1 stuff on the actual threads likely tomorrow, with the new passives replacing current passives at the same time. Thanks guys - If there's any questions there's the FAQ for divine stuff somewhere (it's late, I'll grab a link tomorrow). These T1 edits are live as of me posting here.

SHALHERANA

GROWTH
Divine: Shalherana.
Spell: The caster takes a seed, blessing it with a soft prayer, and upon being planted grows it at a faster rate in any condition, the plant sustaining itself in hot or cold environments even if it would not usually grow there. Plants grown as a result of this spell will be healthy and provide fruits or flowers as if they were in the perfect habitat, though will not survive if they are uprooted. There are different rates of growth depending on the size:
Small - One OOC hour. This is for any flower or plant smaller than those described in the 'Medium' definition.
Medium - One OOC day for full growth. This is the average great fern or fruit bearing bush, including sections of grapes on vines or so on.
Large - One OOC week for full growth. This is the size of the average tree, those bearing fruits for example. Ask Divine Staff about growing something larger.
JISHRIM

WEAVE
Divine: Jishrim.
Action: Touch.
Duration: So long as they concentrate.
Spell: The caster is able to make web from their fingertips, able to spread it over surfaces as they like though it is no stronger than usual web and can be broken as such. Small items can be made out of it as if it were their own personal supply of yarn, such as baskets or small knitted dolls.
MADNESS I
Duration: 10 minutes.
Spell: With a muttered breath a curse is cast in the name of Jishrim, and an area up to RP range is given a touch of madness (can be less if desired, up to whisper range for example). Any candles, torches, or fireplaces in the area extinguish and sounds of skittering and laughter can be heard from multiple sources. The occasional illusory spider crawls upon people in the radius.

KOROG

SURGE
Divine: Korog.
Spell: The caster rests both hands upon the ground, and wills a section of terrain to surge upwards before them. This terrain can be of any natural land, even sand or dirt, holding its form for the duration before it settles to where it was. It may be two blocks high and two wide, or three wide and one high, always 1-2 blocks ahead of the caster. It is as strong as any stone wall would be for the duration.
RAM'S GUIDANCE
Action: Prayer and the offering of something metallic.
Duration: 5 minutes to cast, hour long duration.
Spell: The caster offers something metallic to Korog with a prayer, and the item shifts into a ram of bronze metal the size of its real life equivalent. This ram follows the caster for the duration at a maximum of walking speed, but can reliably haul up to 200lbs. Its eyes glow as bright as torchlight, illuminating the way. It can walk beside the caster or behind, but will never go on ahead. This Ram will not attack anything even if it itself is attacked, and it will hunker down protectively if the caster stops walking or it will continue to follow despite attacks to its form, it being the equivalent of a walking bronze statue. It can be destroyed by significant force, in which is disperses into bronze dust.
AUTOMATION
Action: Prayer and Touch.
Spell: The caster blesses something to give it a sense of automation, either by following basic commands or motions or doing it continuously. The choices are as follows (though you can send in a ticket to Divine Staff if it is not listed):
Hinges - They may make a door or chest open or close automatically when someone walks towards it or when they say a key word ('open', 'korog' etc), by blessing the hinges.
Utensil/Tool - They may will a tool or utensil to work on its own without their hand, such as spoons for stirring or saws for cutting. Must remain in a container or on a work surface, and must be activated and de-activated with key words.
Bellows/Fan - They may will bellows to work as required with a key word or as needed, as well as having an item move in constant motions to create a soft breeze, like a fan.
UNBREAKING
Spell: The caster blesses any one piece of crafted equipment for the duration and renders it unbreakable by any force. It glimmers metallic hues, any arrow impacting it will not manage to pierce it. Only up to three pieces may be blessed at any one time. The effect fades after an hour.
SALLANA

BLESSING OF FERTILITY
Divine: Sallana.
Action: Prayer & Touch, after the target drinks from a sacred goblet of wine/juice/water and are anointed with rose oil.
Cost: 2 SP
Duration: One pregnancy.
Spell: The caster blesses a female target with renewed fertility, making their chances of falling pregnant for the next month incredibly high, even if they had struggles or difficulties prior (including damage to the womb, etc). The chance of twins is also particularly high, up to the player or rolls of 80+. Pregnancies as a result of this spell or pregnancies that were present when the spell was cast become significantly safer for mother and child, the risk of miscarriage or harm to the child becoming extremely low and the child remaining strong and healthy regardless of the health of the mother. Childbirth as a result of this spell never results in complications. Morning sickness will be a thing of the past, but in return the mother will crave red fruits over anything else and the infant will be born with a red or white marking of a little, subtle rose or a petal.
This spell can also be used to determine the gender and race of the child/children of any pregnant woman, regardless of if they are pregnant as a result of the very same spell.
Note: This spell only works on compatible couples, Human/Caparii couples for example would not benefit from this spell.
GREY LADY

REPOSE
Divine: Grey Lady.
Action: Prayer and Touch, with the offering of something that once belonged to the individual.
Duration: One week.
Spell: The caster blesses either a living individual or the corpse of someone who has died within the last two weeks, placing a light grey hand-print upon their chest that lasts for the duration stated. This will prevent the target from rising again as undead upon death, and keeps their bodies intact, no parts being able to be removed or tampered with. Blood may be washed away and wounds may be stitched and clothing changed to prepare a body, but malicious grave robbing results in the individual being unable to physically remove anything. Dead bodies with this spell cast upon them are protected until they revive through a revival system, effectively permanent, but it must be re-cast weekly for living individuals.
MARK OF PASSING
Action: Prayer and the offering of something that belongs to the target.
Spell: The caster offers an item belonging to their target in a sort of ritual, and makes a bond with them in turn, the offering dispersing into mist upon spell completion. They will feel if their target is near death, an uncomfortable sensation washing over them and giving them a sense of it but not the specifics to why their target is this way. Should their target perish, they will feel a brief sting of the heart and a bitter chill, instinctively knowing they have died. This spell applies for one person at a time, but it can be cast on three individual targets at any one time, and it must be recast on a target if they die and revive. The caster knows which is which.
TOUCH OF WINTER
Spell: The caster touches a surface with their hands or feet, regardless of shoes or gloves covering them, and wills ice to form in the rough size of their hands/feet. If this is over slow moving or calm water they are able to walk over the surface of it, with the ice they leave behind fading after they take another step. This ice forming is instant, but it creates a layer of it and does not freeze what is already there (no freezing part of a person, for example). The ice melts away into mist after the duration if not used for water walking.
JAX

WITHIN REACH I
Divine: Jax.
Duration: As long as required.
Spell: The caster summons either their coin purse or one item that can be held in one hand after the uttering of a prayer and a show of gold dust appearing as it materializes in one of their hands. They may dismiss it at will, the cost of this spell only applying upon summoning. In cases of combat, weaponry takes a turn to appear, and is not instantaneous. Both item and coin purse must be belongings of the caster.
FORTUNE'S COMPANY
Spell: The caster summons an softly glowing orb that can fit in the palm of their hand, in either a gold or silver theme. If not held, it floats idly around the caster or can be directed to move somewhere within 5b of them, illuminating the area with the strength of a torch (though able to be dimmed to give off less or no light at all). It works underwater as well as in the air, and when it is near something of value in an event it will ring like a bell at DM discretion. It lasts for one hour or until dismissed.
BINDING CONTRACT I
Duration: Permanent until broken.
Spell: The caster summons forth a golden quill and scroll of parchment from thin air with a poof of gold glitter, and it writes up a contract as spoken by the caster. The target can then take the quill to sign it, and the contract is sealed. Should this agreement or contract be broken in any way, the blessed witnesses the contract tear itself up in front of them, and the target is plagued with misfortune for the next week in a similar line to [UNLUCKY], the choice of either three options being up to the target (Clumsy, Loser, Forgetful).
Note: The contract states explicitly what will happen if the terms are not met. The one signing it is fully aware of the consequences. The contract cannot be altered once written.
THEODRA

DETECTION
Action: Prayer & Touch.
Cost: 1 SP
Spell: The blessed places their bare hand on the ground and utters a soft prayer, willing all footsteps and tracks made within the past 48 hours to reveal themselves in a 15 block radius. The prints will glow a soft silver hue to the blessed only, and any blood/hair/fur will glow similarly if it was left there in the same two day span. The glow will fade after the duration.
NATURE'S ILLUMINATION
Spell: The caster utters a brief prayer and wills an area of 10b to be influenced by Theodra for a duration of time. Leaves float downwards of either green hues or those thematic to fall, dispersing within a minute of being on the ground. Silver feathers linger in the air above emitting a soft glow on par with the light of a candle. The caster and one other designated target, so long as they remain in the area, will have their minds unable to be tampered with by divine or arcane means for the duration (at DM discretion in events), given a sense of clarity and clear thoughts. This only applies to T1/Apprentice level spells, including calming ones.
Note: At each tier of the divine system, you may add one more target to be protected in this radius.
SKRAAG

NECROMANCY I
Divine: Skraag.
Action: Prayer, the ritual of blood around the remains, and an offering of something of bone.
Cost: 1 SP
Spell: The caster encircles the remains of a creature with blood, and upon an offering, returns it to life for a duration of time. This creature will follow the caster like a lost puppy, seem a little too needy for attention, eat raw meats, but not seem to be entirely there in regards to acting much like its old self (they do not attack at all). It will slowly decay more over time until the duration ends, and it falls lifeless once more. It can be raised anew multiple times but eventually it will be just bones that remain together with small weavings of green magical thread. This spell works in the wards.
Note: You may raise anything up to the size of the average dog including those of the applicable size in the bestiary.
IGNIS

CAUTERIZE
Spell: The caster holds a hand over any surface wound up to two inches long, one wide/one deep, and seals it closed with holy flame that hurts as cauterizing would do. A burning hand print is left behind for one hour before it fades away, leaving behind a sealed golden-hued scar with optional ember-like flecks over the original wound.
VALIANT

SHARED BURDEN
Divine: Valiant.
Action: Prayer and touch of the target.
Spell: The caster touches a target and after uttering a soft prayer, takes the pain from them upon themselves enough that the target feels only a dull ache for the duration and the caster feels it not quite in full (up to the player how severely). Phantom wounds mirroring the targets appear upon the caster, though the wounds do not bleed. After the duration, the pain returns to the target and the caster feels drained. Should the target die whilst this spell is active, the caster feels it intensely, but does not die themselves.
CALL OF THE BANNER
Action: Vocal prayer.
Spell: The caster calls to the skies and wills for light blue lightning to arc about the clouds in something of a light show, before willing it to strike the ground anywhere around them in RP range, so long as it is hitting open ground (no buildings nor individuals). Wherever it strikes leaves behind a banner showing Valiant's sigil, the sigil of the caster, or a simple red/blue banner. This banner cannot be removed or tampered with by anyone but the caster for the duration, and the radius around it of 5b gives a sense of calm focus, protecting the caster and up to two allies from tampering of the mind.
Note: This spell only protects against T1/Apprentice level spells that would interfere with the mind (emotion manipulation, for example).
VISAGE

MIRROR MIMICRY
Action: Prayer and the touch of the mirror in question.
Spell: The caster blesses a mirror to become a mimic for any natural sound, so long as it is something the caster has experienced themselves. It can replay this sound until the mirror is broken or up to a maximum of one week. They apply a trigger to it of their choosing, but it must be one of the following: A set timer, when light shines upon it, when in total darkness, when movement is detected, or when a key word is uttered.
SUGGESTION
Action: Prayer or Touch.
Duration: 5 minutes.
Spell: But murmuring a prayer or touching their target, the caster plants a small idea in their mind, if it is too unlike them to think of doing it then they will dismiss it but it has the potential to become something of their own (this is heavy on the target and how they wish to proceed). This spell can almost be used to give a suggestion of emotions to a target, a flare of anger or a touch of sadness. They are fleeting, but enough if used in the right circumstances to become their own until they rationalize it.
WATCHFUL GAZE
Action: Prayer, and the marking of a location in white chalk.
Duration: Three days.
Spell: The caster marks out an area or item with the symbol of an eye at least as big as a palm, and they may close their own eyes to focus for several minutes and see through that symbol. They see in a black and white spectrum, and whilst they can see people talking they cannot hear them. They may focus on it whenever they like, but the mark will fade after three days and must be recast. The mark can be mobile, but looking through it rends horrible nausea onto the caster until the object stabilizes. The mark is waterproof, and provides perfect vision underwater if the mark is lowered into the depths.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Tier two spells have been edited and tweaked, including the cooldown removal of the mini divine ground ones. Another big thank you to everyone for working on them with me.
The IC of this is:
"The Blessed finds their power wanes and then restores, powers shifted. They feel the comforting presence of their Divine for all of a moment, a reassurance."

SHALHERANA

SOOTHE
Spell: The caster holds their hand over the heart of their target, and soothes all pain felt to a dull ache. The target becomes drowsy and a little hazy, too tired to fight or do much actively, though is capable of speech. They feel somewhat pleasant and content but not fully cognizant similar to the effects of morphine. The pain slowly returns if applicable after the hour duration. Cannot be used in combat.
GARDEN OF VINES
Action: Prayer & Touch
Duration: 10 second growth time, one minute effect.
Spell: The caster puts forth their hand to touch a stone, wooden or earthen surface. In a 4x4space, with the touch point of the casting process as the epicentre, a circle of living vines emerges. These vines protect the user and their perceived allies up to a distance of two blocks, lashing out akin to a whip against foes. Susceptible to fire and cutting. If the caster leaves the inside of the circle the spell ends prematurely.

HEALING HAND II
Action: Prayer and Touch - Continued holding of the wound for five minutes.
Spell: The caster places their hands over any deep wound and wills it closed, stitches of pure white thread moving through the skin to close it with the same sensation as needle and thread. The wound seals over, but these stitches can be pulled and the area remains sensitive as it heals in full over the next few days. Once it heals, it leaves a white scar behind, the stitches naturally fading away over time. This rank of the spell also cleanses the wound.
Note: This can be used over burns the size of a hand or less, stitching over the area to protect it and heal accordingly.
TRANQUIL SHADE
Action: Prayer and touch for 30 minutes.
Duration: Permanent, until another location is created.
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the blessed wills a grove to form in a 15 block radius. It will become a grove of nature and plant life with a birch tree of Shalherana, bearing fruit or flowers suitable to the local climate. Those within the area feel calmed by nature and safe, any hostile animals (bestiary creatures such as Wendigos are at DM discretion) in the area leaving them alone as they rest. Pleasant creatures such as birds linger near the tree often. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
Note: You can build this yourself or ask another for help in doing so. This can be removed if placed in a place that conflicts or offends another divine, by a blessed member of said divine. (i.e placing a Jishrim variant in a Shalherana grove).

JISHRIM

MUTATE
Spell: The blessed takes on one of three mutations that give them minor benefits for the next hour, but only after consuming the required part. Only one may be active at any one time, these effects do not stack.
Fish - Upon devouring part of a fish, the caster gains gills along the sides of their neck, making it impossible to breath out of water but breathe perfectly fine underwater for the duration. For the next hour after this spell they will feel somewhat breathless, trying to catch their breath.
Bird - Upon devouring part of a bird, the caster gains larger eyes that can see more clearly, including night vision. For the next hour after this spell they will feel sensitive to light, prone to headaches if exposed to brightness.
Bat - Upon devouring part of a bat, the caster gains large pointed ears that permit them to hear as well as any elf. For the next hour after this spell their ears will ring slightly.
SPIDER’S DEN
Action: Prayer, and the surrounding of the boundary in a string of yarn or web.
Duration: Permanent, until another location is made.
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to darken and become shrouded with masses of webbing. Any entering this area are abruptly unaware of what direction they are in and feel crazed, hearing the voice of Jishrim as he torments them and gives visions of what would distress them - Blessed of Jishrim will feel it to a much lesser degree. Spiders flock here, with large egg sacs hanging from cave ceilings or overhanging branches depending on the location cast. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
Note: You can build this yourself or ask another for help in doing so. This can be removed if placed in a place that conflicts or offends another divine, by a blessed member of said divine. (i.e placing a Jishrim variant in a Shalherana grove).
MADNESS II
Duration: 30 minutes
Spell: The caster prays or chants for two combat rounds/20 seconds to curse an area within RP chat range to buckle to madness. Any sources of light extinguish (the sun does not count) and windows temporarily become flesh barriers to block the light from outside that bleed if cut. Spiders and insects find themselves coating surfaces within the area that will disperse into dust when the spell ends. Individuals within suffer from uncontrollable bouts of laughter as they feel their skin crawl, and whilst they can defend themselves they are unable to focus on doing more than surviving the situation at hand.

KOROG

SUMMON CRAFT
Action: Prayer, and an offering to Korog.
Spell: The caster offers an item to Korog (ideally a crafted piece or carving for example) and upon prayer, watches the offering shift into one of two forms over the span of ten minutes.
Boat - A rowboat that fits four people forms itself, including two oars. It is carved along both sides with imagery and runes of Korog.
Cart - A cart that can fit four people or up to 1,000lbs in weight forms itself, though does not include something to haul it. It is carved along the sides with imagery and runes of Korog.
Note: The cart can be pulled by the Ram in T1, but it remains walking pace and cannot be carrying anything as it hauls.
CRAFTING STATION
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of land over a 15 block radius to expose stone and glimmers of ore, shedding the surface terrain such as dirt or sand. This area will make those in its radius feel calm and collected, optionally creative. Within the area, generic equipment (forge, anvil, tanning rack, working table, etc.) and tools (hammers, chisels, etc.) used for crafting will form. Whilst anything crafted here can be removed, anything that originated from the spell (ie the anvil) cannot be taken outside of the bounds. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
IMBUE GEM
Action: Prayer and touch.
Duration: Permanent
Spell:
The caster refines a gemstone of any size up to the size of a fist, and blesses it with the power of Korog. The gemstone will glow softly up to the strength of a candle, in the colour of the gemstone itself, and can optionally take on one quality from the list below.
Beacon - The gem can be willed to glow as strong as a torchlight, and is pleasantly warm to the touch at all times.
Resist - The gem grants a minor resistance to heat, allowing individuals to feel comfortable in the desert or beside forges for example.
Bitter - The gem becomes ice cold to the touch, and radiates cool air in a radius of ten blocks of itself to a comfortable level but not freezing.

SALLANA

BOND OF LOVE
Cost: 4 SP
Spell: The blessed may form a bond with another that subtly heightens their feelings of love for one another, but also enables both individuals to know if the other has come to significant harm or fallen sick (light scratches don't count). A pang of pain appears in the chest when harm has befallen the other. This bond forms an unbreakable thin ribbon around the left wrist, glowing very faintly, coloured in red, white, pink or purple. The ribbon remains until they fall out of love or it is dispelled by the blessed. Can only be used on a target that has feelings for the blessed, be it romantic or familial.
WALL OF THORNS
Spell: The caster places their hands to the ground, and creates a curved wall thorns two blocks ahead of them, reaching up to six blocks in length and three in height over the span of one combat round/ten seconds. The inside is harmless and has various roses, but the exterior is as strong as steel, immune to flame, and covered in thorns that are as sharp as glass. The thorns sink into the ground either at the end of the duration or when the caster wills it.
BOUNTIFUL HARVEST
Cost: 3 SP
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to become more bountiful and form a tranquil orchard. Any who enter the area finds themselves relaxing and feeling jovial, blissful, and loved. Water turns to red wine within this area, though returns to water when removed from it. Trees and flowers grow in this area and rapidly grow their fruits and berries every other day. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
GREY LADY

HAILSTORM
Duration: Ten minutes.
Spell: The caster summons the touch of winter and calls down a hailstorm in a ten block radius of themselves, bringing a bitter chill and biting wind. It is enough to irritate foes and urge them to leave the radius, as well as put out flames within it. The caster and those within 1-2 blocks of them are not touched by the hail, even if it is cold. All ice melts to water upon the end of the duration, conditions otherwise returning to normal.
HALLOWED GROUND
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to become a safe haven from the supernatural or unholy, pillars of grey stone rising from a layer of light grey fog that never leaves, with an altar to the Lady. Any who enter the area feel themselves vaguely chilled, but calmed, capable hearing the comforting whispers of dead loved ones. All light here takes on a purple hue. Any Vyre or Skraagite who enters this area will feel themselves unwelcome and the cold is bitter and biting. Supernatural entities (ghosts, wraiths, ghouls, etc) are simply unable to enter the area, as if the boundaries scorch and repel them. This includes any creature of Skraag’s making, and undead cannot rise here. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.

JAX

FORTUNE’S FAVOUR
Action: Muttered prayer and the offering of a golden coin, which vanishes when the spell is cast.
Spell: In any scenario where luck has a part to play, the caster may roll with advantage (roll twice, taking the higher result) where applicable, or the DM can be informed the caster is pulling on their luck with this spell cast. This should allow them the upper hand in gambling, but also things like picking locks or diving for pearls. At DM discretion this may also be used to give them an advantage in risky plays. Must be used in the next 30 minutes. This applies once for each 'roll' or instance of luck, and does not apply continuously for the duration.
Note: In cases where other players are comfortable with it, this spell can be used in occasions where no DM is present, but it is not a combat spell.
THE TRADING POST
Cost: 3SP.
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to form something like a shipwreck or a bunch of trade caravans with seating and piles of gems and opulence. Any who enter the area feel themselves far more cheery, an air of merriment and relaxation fills the area. There is a gambling table, a bar, and a small map showing the common trade routes within the area (either by sea or land). The gems cannot be taken out of the radius, but the bar demands coin and that coin is slowly added to these piles. Bar brawls for fun are the only type of violence accepted, and should this rule be broken the individual finds themselves propelled out the vicinity and unable to even perceive the area when they look at it. They can walk right over it and see nothing but air. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
WITHIN REACH II
Cost: 2SP per summon.
Duration: As long as needed.
Spell: The caster can store two large/medium items in a sort of pocket realm, and be able to pull one out with a prayer and a plume of gold dust over one combat turn/ten seconds. These items can be anything from a book, to a shield, to a wine bottle (wine included), to even a chair, but it must be something they can carry with one or both hands. Items cannot be 'pre loaded' or instantly materialized, nor can they be items formed from other spells such as summoned weapons or holy water. Gold dust fades within a minute, and cannot be harvested.

THEODRA

ADAPTATION
Spell: The blessed takes on one of three aspects that imbue them with a heightened senses for the next hour. Only one may be active at any one time, these effects do not stack.
Hound - They gain a superior sense of smell akin to a bloodhound for the duration, able to follow trails less than an hour old.
Bear - The cheekbones become more defined, the shoulders seem broader. They find it easier to keep going, their endurance doubled and finding they can lift twice the weight they would have prior.
Hare - They are far more alert, and yet more lithe. They can run twice as fast but are hit twice as hard in return.
NATURE'S REPRIEVE
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over the course of half an hour the terrain around the caster shifts to provide a small concealed area (10 block radius) shielded from prying eyes. This affects the surroundings in a way that's appropriate to the area; bushes may grow, snow may accumulate, or the ground may sink to form a small depression, but the end result is to create a camouflaged area suited to hide a small campsite. People and creatures outside the area have a hard time detecting those within, and those inside find their senses more alert and survival instincts heightened. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
HEALING SALVE
Action: Brief prayer.
Spell: The caster gathers a collection of herbs native to the area, and either chews them or mixes them into a paste. Upon a simple prayer, the salve takes on a silver colour that can then be spread over any deep wound that has been stitched to seal it over protectively and keep it clean of infection. The wound will heal within the day though remain sensitive for a day longer as it heals below the surface, leaving behind a neat scar (optionally silver in hue). This salve can be used over any one wound, or one bitemark, and will lose its properties if not used within a day.

SKRAAG

FEAR
Action: Prayer, and the consuming of blood of the target.
Spell: The caster curses their target with fear upon consuming even a drop of their blood and uttering a prayer. This fear manifests over the next 30 minutes, not applying instantly, but becomes gradually worse and lasts for the rest of the day. They imagine all of their worst fears, unable to shake the sensation that any moment something is going to happen, be it attacked by an animal they fear most or lose a loved one. They hallucinate, though the degree of this is up to the player, and they find themselves marked with a black skeletal hand print upon their chest that feels heavy and cold until the spell ends.
NECROMANCY II
Action: Prayer, the ritual blood circle around the remains, and the offering of flesh or bone.
Duration: Permanent until destroyed.
Spell: The caster offers flesh and brings back anything up to the size of a large wolf (<250 pounds). They can be commanded to follow, stay put, or carry something up to 50lbs, but any combat follows a different set of rules. Directing them to do anything takes full concentration, the caster doesn't get to act simultaneously, and must be within sight. These creatures are weaker, undead versions of their living counterparts, and should the head be severed it falls limp (and if the head is destroyed/brain stabbed, it dies). All creatures at this rank have the equivalent of two successes in all contested actions (i.e you need to beat 2 to beat it).
(Necromancy T1 will also be amended.)

MIRE OF THE NECROMANCER
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed curses an area of land over a 15 block radius, slowly warping it into a boggy marsh. This area will make those in its radius feel anxious and fearful unless they are Blessed of Skraag, and it will be an active breeding ground for insects and disease. The waters and rotting matter will sicken those who ingest it.
IGNIS

SANCTUARY OF LIGHT
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to be illuminated by the hand of Ignis, a place in which the sun always shines even at night, with great marble pillars and arches. Any who enter the area feel themselves warmed through comfortably, and at ease from the darkness and suffering in the world. Those characters more in line with darkness or natures that work against Ignis feel actively shunned by this place, like the fires burn too hot and the sun is blinding. (A good example is the general Jishrimite, but it is not limited to these, you know the type). Flames are of a golden or white colour and are never extinguished unless the spell is recast. Lies cannot be uttered in this place, to do so burns the tongue, but silence can be held.

VALIANT

STRONGHOLD
Action: Prayer and touching of the ground.
Duration: Permanent, until a new location is made.
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to flatten out and form simple wooden palisades and a gatehouse. Any entering this area are given a general feeling of safety, protection, and may take the time here to rest in various tents and ready themselves for the outsides once more. Sleeping within will let them awaken well rested and invigorated. Anyone with ill intent finds the gatehouse shuts before they can get inside. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
REINFORCE
Tier: 2.
Action: Prayer while wielding a shield or with Shield of Faith active.
Duration: Ten minutes.
Spell: The caster’s shield radiates either a red or pale blue aura, enshrouded in semi-visible force. For ten minutes, attacks that would strike the shield bounce off it before contact can be made—sending them reeling back with just enough force to do so. Excessive force (i.e. high level magic, superhuman strength, powerful monsters, siege weapons) may pierce through this effect at a DM’s discretion.

VISAGE

SHROUD OF THE WATCHER
Duration: Permanent, until a new location is made.
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to become veiled with a dense sea fog, seemingly endless once entered. Any entering this area are unable to be detected in any capacity, as if they are both there, but not, but also someone else. All colours become a muted black and white, whispers sound from each direction among the sound of waves, and those blessed of Visage may control what is said. Mirrored surfaces float and linger without walls, and bookshelves hold books held in any common library that are publicly accessible. These books cannot be removed from this location, and can only be read by those of Visage. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
All divine spell pages have been updated, including the same colour themes (to work on dark and light mode) as the passive pages. T1 and T2 spells are now live, please check your divine pages. The new passive system replacing previous passives is also live now, you can find those threads in the individual divine sections.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
A minor update to 'Divine Word' making it a universal language that everyone can understand. Nice and simple.

DIVINE WORD
Action
: The prayer of, “[Divine], carry my words.”
Cost: 1SP per rank.
Duration: Must be asked and answered in the same day.
Spell: The caster is able to send a word or sentence depending on the rank it is used, which become available as your rank higher in divine tier. It can travel any distance, and the target will hear it spoken in their mind with the voice of the caster. The caster must know their target in some manner, be it name, face, or alias, the spell will work based on intention for who it is for and cannot be accidentally sent to another. This is a universal language, heard and understood by each as clearly as their native tongue.
Rank I - T1
The caster can send one single word to their target. They cannot be given a word in response.
Rank II - T2
The caster can send up to ten words to their target, and they can hear a response of up to as many in response.
Rank III - T3
The caster can send a far more cohesive message, and they can hear one in return. The word limit here is one single PM, so whatever you can fit into that box.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Today I'll be updating the new Divine threads, but please don't consider them IC until it is announced. There will be a few edits and changes until then.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Tier 3 spells have been edited and tweaked - thanks to everyone for working with me on it. : ) I'll edit this over the day as i edit the pages, formatting is draining sometimes. Consider them 'live' as I post them.
The IC of this is:
"The Blessed finds their power wanes and then restores, powers shifted. They feel the comforting presence of their Divine for all of a moment, a reassurance."

SHALHERANA

SAVING GRACE
Divine
: Shalherana.
Action: Prayer and maintained touch of 30 seconds at the wound.
Duration: 30 second cast time, permanent effect.
Spell: Upon a soft prayer, the caster holds their hands firmly over the area that requires urgent healing, and a soft light forms over 30 seconds. This light will enter any fatal/severe wound to begin to repair it from within, including damage to internal organs if there is a direct route (such as an entry wound). The focus of healing is on the insides, which feel akin to being knitted together and can be quite painful, but once the light begins bleeding stops and infection is cleansed. Once the spell is complete (taking about five minutes), a neatly stitched surface wound of white thread forms over the area and the light fades. This surface wound can be opened if the recipient pulls the stitches, but otherwise it will heal completely and the stitches fade over 3 OOC days, leaving behind a simple white/normal scar. This spell does not replace lost blood, but broken or fractured bones can be repaired if there is access for the light to reach them, much the same process as damaged innards.

LIFEBLOOD
Divine
Duration: Five minutes to cast, permanent effect.
Spell: The caster prays over a vessel of water amounting to at least one pint, and over the span of five minutes it begins to glow and shimmer, cleansed of all impurities. Upon cutting one of their own palms, they may hold this over an open wound on a target, and blood around the area seeps back into the skin as the spell takes hold. Over the duration of ten minutes per unit of blood required, the caster can hold their other hand in the glowing water to effectively funnel it through their own body and into the target to restore bloodloss. The blood automatically matches the target upon entering their body, and both caster and target will feel somewhat lightheaded and sluggish for the next hour. The water, if unused, will return to normal within a day though holds nothing special if drank other than tasting refreshing.

ETERNAL SLUMBER
Divine
Action: Touch for one minute.
Cost: 6 SP
Duration: As long as required.
Spell: The caster rests their hands upon the chest of their target, and with a sense of growing peace and calm the target becomes tired enough they fall asleep. Once in this sleep they are unable to wake from it, falling into a sort of stasis that preserves the body exactly how it was when the spell took place (the end of the minute duration), with open wounds no longer bleeding and sickness no longer spreading. They do not appear to breathe, have no pulse, but seem to be in a peaceful sleep all the same. They can be kept in this state for up to one OOC week at most, being woken by the caster or any higher tier blessed of the same faith by placing a hand upon their head and willing them to stir. Cannot be used in combat, the target must be somewhat willing (stubborn patients are fine, someone fleeing from you is not). Wounds can be healed on the target, and blood restored.
JISHRIM

TAINTED TRINKET
Divine
: Jishrim.
Duration: Permanent
Spell: The caster holds an item in both hands and curses it with the touch of Jishrim. This trinket will have a permanent effect upon it until it is destroyed or cleansed with intent by a blessed of any Divine of the same rank or above with holy water. How long it takes for effects to take hold or fade is up to the target(s) but cannot be instant nor exceed an hour. Up to three trinkets may be active at one time, but there can only be one effect on an item at most.
[ Prism ] - When worn, the target finds themselves seeing illusory scenes of great beauty around them, all colours seeming to blend into one another and make new ones. Violent, cruel, or acts aligned with Jishrim seem flipped morally, and more like good ideas. As an object, the same effects apply to all in a 10b radius.
[ Skittish ] - When worn, the target becomes twitchy and itchy, generally restless and convinced there's something crawling upon them to the point of hysteria. As an object, the same effects apply to all in a 10b radius.
[ Nightmare ] - When worn, the target finds all sleep is disturbed by nightmares of horrific things, bad memories, or things they fear most. When awake, they seem troubled, dark circles forming under the eyes and skin becoming a pale or sickly pallor. As an object, the same effects apply to all in a 10b radius.

WEB WAY
Divine
Action: Constant prayer, with the wrapping of an opening in web.
Spell: The caster prays or chants constantly with the wrapping of an archway, doorway or general opening with spiderweb made from [WEAVE]. For the next hour upon its completion, the caster or another blessed of Jishrim may jump through it, breaking the web but being transported elsewhere in the process. No one else can follow them in this way, but the result of where they go varies. An individual may take an unplayed infant up to the age of five or an animal no larger than a dog with them. Upon rolling a d3, you will get one of the following options:
1 - They appear in a friend's home, in their kitchen specifically.
2 - They appear in the wilderness, but it cannot be in woodland or forest.
3 - They appear in the nearest Jishrim shrine to them, including Storm's Landing cathedral.

REPLACEMENT
Divine
Action: Prayer, and a limb to be prayed over in ritual.
Spell: The caster takes a fresh (removed within 24 hours) limb, and through ritual, fuses it to their own body where a limb is currently missing. This missing limb must be an arm or leg or a piece of them (foot, hand, finger, etc). This may be any limb including animal but it will be limited to the strength of how their original limb should be. After one week it will simply fall off, but be as fresh as it was when it was put on, and can be re-used.

PHANTOM PAINS
Divine
Action: The devouring of something of a target.
Spell: The caster forms a connection with a target by devouring something of their person, up to one week old. Once this connection is made they will hold unlimited telepathy with them for rest of the day and be able to force laughter from their target twice per day. They will also be able to inflict up to three wounds upon them by harming themselves - though the wound for both themselves and their target is only felt and seen as real for thirty minutes before it fades, leaving no trace nor actual bloodloss. Wounds that would be fatal do not work nor apply (such as 'beheading' someone, etc. It should be one wound). If the target is unconscious or in a forced slumber (such as [ETERNAL SLUMBER]) the telepathy goes unheard and the pains unfelt.
KOROG:

STEELSKIN
Divine
: Korog.
Spell: The caster blesses either themselves or another with extra protection. Their skin takes on a metallic appearance over the course of two rounds, either bronze or steel in hue, and becomes as resilient as steel plate for the duration. This can't be applied to anyone wearing more than a mundane gambeson and chain as armor. Only one individual may have this active upon them at any one time.

SCULPT
Divine
Action: Prayer and the continued touch of the nearby area for ten minutes.
Spell: The caster is able to slowly will natural material to move and take the desired shape in their minds eye in a radius of fifteen blocks around them over the span of ten minutes. This is ideal for carving staircases, pathways, small walls, pillars, statues, and so on. It is permanent upon casting but moves slowly enough it can be used to lift people upward, leaving behind a large pillar.

HELPING HAND
Divine
Action: Prayer and the offering of a significant craft which will crumble away upon the spell cast.
Spell: The crafter forges a golem of either dwarf or human size proportions, and instills in it a heart of Korog's energy. With intent, these golems can be given to a new 'owner', and their owners are able to give them basic tasks. These tasks are simple, such as taking items from A to B, lifting up to 500lbs. They are capable of moving at a slow jog at most, and will not engage in combat though will move in the direction of their owners no matter the distance if threatened. They will melt into the ground and leave a sooty mark if their heart is pierced. Up to three may be active at one time.
Additionally, they may be imbued with one quirk from the following:
[ Gust ] Upon standing still for at least 30 minutes, they create a swirling wind around them up to a radius of 10b. This can be a warm or cold breeze at discretion of the owner, drying clothes within ten minutes or keeping creatures up to the size of the average dog repelled.
[ Pillar ] Upon standing still for at least 30 minutes, they provide a radius where no natural material can enter, such as collapsing tunnels or mudslides. It gives off the light of a campfire in this time.

RUNIC ARCHWAY
Divine
Action: Prayer and the careful etching of runes.
Duration: Permanent until destroyed.
Spell: The caster carves runes into any archway, imbuing it with some of their divine power. These runes line the inside of the archway, and if anything living passes through it, it sounds a loud series of metallic sounds audible in yell radius for the next minute. The caster will feel the presence of them, able to sense if they are a known friend or foe. It will also inform them to if they are mortal, or not, but the actual identity is not known. If all the runes are broken/carved through, it deactivates.
SALLANA:

SERENITY
Action: Prayer, and the scattering of flowers or petals over the area.
Spell: The caster blesses an area of up to a 10 block radius turning it into a haven of love and joy. Soft music plays from unseen harps, and all feelings of hatred, violence, or ill wishing fade to a dim desire within the radius. To spill blood in this area is simply unthinkable, and fears fade to give the mind a soothing feeling with thoughts of loved ones. The area grows itself a sort of canopy of leaves and roses, with sheer white drapes framing the outside of it like a beautiful gazebo/marquee. The Blessed is included in this. Projectiles thrown into the radius change into roses.

AMBROSIA
Spell: The caster blesses roughly one tankard of wine into a golden nectar. Upon consuming it, the individual will find themselves appearing and physically being a year younger, and one scar at the choice of the player will fade away completely if desired. It will restore them to full health from any mundane sickness and restore their energy in full, as well as re-align crooked noses, replace missing teeth, and make skin soft, healthy and smooth. It returns to normal wine after one hour. Can only be drank once per week, and the aging effects do not work on those aged 20 or less, that being the youngest the spell will restore to.

HEART'S DESIRE
Action: Prayer and a ritual of flowers and oil.
Spell: The caster forms a circle of flowers or petals atop a ring of holy oil, sanctifying it. The target of the spell may stand in it and with the power of Sallana and the focus on memories with a loved one, said loved one is willed into the circle with them, an ethereal form of pink and purple hues, for the duration. Any words spoken in the circle are inaudible to those outside of it. If the circle is broken, the spell ends abruptly. The target is able to embrace/kiss their loved one in the circle. This works on living souls in the realm and the physical form of the soulmate will be alerted of the spell through a tug in their heart before being summoned, forcing them into a dream-state. If their soulmate is dead- both will sense each other's spirit within a vision, recalling how they looked, and both souls within the circle can communicate their current state of non-verbal emotions. The dead soul will remember this connection if they revive. Either can opt to refuse to appear.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
GREY LADY: (beckon I also amended)

OMEN
Divine
: Grey Lady.
Action: Prayer, and the lighting of a candle.
Spell: The caster forms a circle of ash around them and lights a single candle that they hold in both hands. Upon sitting down and closing their eyes, focusing for one round/10 seconds, they can transport their soul to any other region that contains a public shrine or church of the Grey Lady. They will be able to walk (not run) the region bounds as a spectral, misty form, carrying an ethereal version of the candle in their physical hands. They cannot interact physically with anything for they are intangible akin to an illusion, but they can see, speak and listen, with their sight being a dull greyscale. They will be forced back to their body once the candle burns out, at the end of the duration. Their physical bodies during this time will be unresponsive and vulnerable.

BANISH
Divine
Action: A vocal prayer / Touch
Duration: One Hour / One Week
Spell: The caster banishes an entity within RP chat range with a commanding tone, forcing them from the area. They will vanish for an hour before returning to the area. This includes supernatural entities, figments, undead and other-wordly entities (at DM discretion on both time and target).
With a touch, the caster can banish a player character. The target must be considered deserving of it, feeling a swelling shortness of breath and blinded into darkness for 1 minute within the banishment. They appear in either the Grand Cathedral or the nearest Grey Lady shrine, or just outside the region the caster is in, at the Caster's choice. A purple hand-mark appears upon their chest. For one week, they are dissuaded from harming another person, fearing death may come from it. This doesn't prevent them from hurting another, but makes them think twice of it. The mark will fade away once the spell ends.
For observers, it appears as if the target has dispersed into grey mist and vanished with a flicker of purple light. May only cast it on one entity per day, and not the same entity more than once in an OOC week.

UNWELCOME
Divine
Action: Prayer and the anointing of the boundaries.
Spell: The caster marks an area with either holy oil or ash that becomes immovable upon the spell completion. This spell protects either a room, average home, or church, but not overly large builds such as manors or castles. It makes it so that all who seek entry much be given an invitation from one of the primary home owners/occupants, or they are unable to get inside, as if an open door has an invisible wall. Invites can be rescinded, but once an individual is inside they must be removed from the premises before the rescinded invitation takes hold. This spell stops supernatural entities as well as mortal ones, those strong creatures at at DM discretion. Must be recast after a week.

SANCTUARY
Divine
Action: Prayer, the outlining of the area with holy oil.
Spell: The caster forms an area within a sacred ring of ash or oil to a 10b radius. Those within it see the world in greyscale for as long as they're inside, their eyes (iris and whites of the eyes both) glowing purple. The minds of those within are calmed, including giving them a reprieve from spells that tamper with the mind of T3 or lower. Vyres or Mages are unable to alter the emotions of those within the circle. It is akin to spells all mind altering spells being turned off temporarily for the duration of the spell or until they leave the circle in which it will resume if applicable. Once the circle is made, only the caster may dispel it.
THEODRA:

TRUESIGHT
Divine
: Theodra.
Action: Prayer, and touching of an animal.
Spell: The blessed forms a bond with a creature from the following: Owl, Fox, Bat, Hawk, Hare. Wherever the blessed goes, their familiar is not far behind, seemingly materializing at will after spanning great distances. The blessed may connect to their familiar and see through its eyes for up to one hour per day, and during this time may control where it travels to. If it is killed whilst the caster is looking through its eyes, the blessed is temporarily blinded for one minute and must make a new bond. The animal is not hostile once the spell is cast, becoming a close companion that is content to linger near the caster, but the animal goes on its own way after a week.

NATURE TRAIL
Divine
: Theodra.
Action: Prayer, and an offering from a hunt, such as a tooth, claw, pelt, etc.
Spell: The caster offers something hunted to Theodra, and she permits passage through the Wilderness. Upon the offering being accepted it fades away into silver dust, and a section of the trees becomes a dark green, near black, remaining this way for up to one hour or until the caster or any other Theodra blessed walks through, able to take an unplayed infant up to the age of five or an animal no larger than a dog with them. The caster may walk into this and emerge in any other dense forest or woodland they choose, seemingly stepping through the foliage. This spell only works if cast within equally dense woodland or forest. They keep whatever they are wearing on them.
SKRAAG:

SOULSWAP
Divine
: Skraag
Action: Prayer, and the ritual described.
Duration: 5 hours.
Spell: The caster marks the body of a Zombie with a smear of their own blood, forming a bond between the two. Once per day the caster may leave their own body forcing it to be unresponsive and seemingly in deep sleep, and inhabit the marked target for a maximum of five hours. Whilst in this state, they view the world through hues of red, their eyes becoming clouded over with a crimson film. They are able to control the body of the Zombie they inhabit, moving and interacting with things as a normal sentient being, but limited with decomposition and a degree of weakness. If the marked target is killed, the soul of the caster is pulled back into their original body over a span of ten minutes, their bodies aching terribly for the next hour.
Note: This spell can be cancelled at any time in advance, leaving the Zombie to aimlessly wander as normal, but can be re-inhabited the next day unless no longer animated.

NECROMANCY III
Divine
: Skraag.
Action: Prayer, and the blood of a sentient being smeared upon the remains.
Duration: Permanent until the spell is broken.
Spell: The caster marks a fallen humanoid corpse with blood from something sentient, and instills in it the power of Skraag. Within ten minutes, the corpse awakens, with the sentience and memory they had pre-death, though the details of their death are unclear. Wounds feel as real as if they were living for the initial hour until the memory of pain fades, but they will not bleed much as their hearts do not bleed, and they cannot be healed unless by Skraag spells that specialise in knitting undead flesh back together. The only way to kill them in this state is by damaging the brain, and they appear as a Ghoul with the state of decomposition up to the player though they will always be at least 'very pale' and cold to the touch. They may have optionally glowing green eyes (fully green, no whites to the eyes).This can be used on player characters or NPCs, though a DM may be required if they are event NPCs.
Note: An individual who no longer wishes to be 'undead' may force their soul into the river of souls to await true revival, the body crumbling to dust behind them and leaving it unable to be animated again.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Two Jishrim spells have been tweaked:

CURSED EFFIGY
Divine
Spell: The caster creates a horrifying effigy of flesh and bone and places it to give off an aura of great unease. Those in RP chat radius will find themselves cursed with nightmares and restless sleep, and a growing sense of anxiety, panic, and swear that they can hear a heartbeat that they cannot place the location of. It will last up to one OOC week or until destroyed, though within a few days the effigy may begin to rot naturally with its own consequences. Only three may be active at any one time.

INCITE
Divine
Duration: Up to one hour.
Spell: The caster focuses on an area before them and with a constant low humming sound they coerce those in sight to feel a more violent and destructive urge. To riot against normality, to create chaos and leave suffering in their wake. The caster cannot direct who or what these urges are directed to, however, and so may even risk themselves in the act of casting it. Must keep a line of sight and maintain the humming for the duration, up to one hour. It will only work on those in the initial spell cast, those who join the area afterwards are not included and do not feel the effects.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
More T3 edits, last ones now. Ignis is the only one with no edits (we edited some before the 'review'):

VALIANT:
LIGHTNING ARC
Spell: The caster blesses a weapon, causing dark vaporous clouds to coat it—with arcs of lightning dancing between the small clouds and the metal. The first thing struck by a weapon with this spell active will suffer a sudden surge of pain through that general area in an instant if struck upon metal armour, and a minute of numbness and lacking coordination if contacting flesh directly. Distracting, but not lethal. The clouds fade after an hour without use.

HEROIC RECALL
Action: Ritual.
Spell: The caster prepares a spell in advance with an offering of something steel in dedication to Valiant. For the rest of the day, they may use the cast upon a willing target to be pulled from a dangerous situation (in physical or emotional peril) and placed within five blocks behind or beside the caster, so long as they were within RP chat range. The target must announce the cast via pointing or shouting their name. The spell is an instant cast, the target flickering away with arcs of lightning, and reforming with a crack of thunder. The target will feel like their skin is stinging, and their body aches all over with the sensation of bruises for all of five minutes.

SPECTRAL ARMOURY
Spell: The caster’s eyes become a full electrical blue for the duration of the spell, matching the colour of the spectral weapon they may will into being. They take a minute to focus, and a weapon forms in hand from the following options: Arming sword, Longsword, Greatsword, War Axe, Battle Axe, Spear and Halberd.
The weapon is a spectral blue, but can be physically held and used as any usual weapon of its type providing it is held by the caster. If they are disarmed, the weapon disperses in a flicker of blue energy. After an hour the weapon will vanish from the caster's possession, though if they are in the middle of combat they will be alerted to the weapon's timer, and granted one more minute to prepare. Only one can be summoned at a time.
VISAGE:

PUPPETEER
Spell: The caster selects a target within line of sight, and upon a maintained gaze of 1 round/10 seconds takes hold of them for the duration. Their own body will slump and the eyes close, similar to needing a nap. If this is a player entity, they will be able to give them an idea, describing it to the player as if they were experiencing a brief daydream. Players are able to direct how this idea goes. If this is an NPC, they will be able to additionally control their movements, it being under the guise of them believing it to be their own choices and not feeling it forced unless it is an act they'd not willingly do (DM discretion). This is explained as strong or weak willed individuals, and players who are willing to have the NPC option apply to their own character are able to do so.

SCOUR
Spell: The caster targets someone in sight and wills their surface thoughts and recent memories (at the discretion of the target) into something reflective in hand. This can be a basin of water, a mirror, or a shiny blade. The target will feel a faint tugging sensation, of being watched, something behind them. This can last up to 30 minutes, but the caster must keep touch with the reflective surface for it to continue.

ELUSIVE OBJECT
Action: Prayer, and the touch of the designated item (Can be a Book, Quill, Dagger, Vial, Coinpurse, or Mask.)
Duration: Permanent, until replaced.
Spell: The caster spends the initial SP to place up to two items into an elusive form that they can summon forth thereafter. Items can be removed from the maximum two and replaced, but each replacement costs the initial 3SP. Summoning their objects must be done from a place of shadow, such as in sleeves, under cloaks, etc, and will take one round/10 seconds to materialise in full. Can include magical objects so long as they fit the limits of objects stated in Actions.
JAX:

LUCKY THROW
Spell: The caster touches an item and blesses it with the touch of Jax, making it appear as gold for the duration though retaining the qualities of its usual form. For the next hour, if this item is thrown (by hand) it is more likely to hit its mark. This can be at DM discretion or rolling with advantage, or if the target wants to take the hit they're free to. The effects lasts for three throws before the item returns to normal, or the duration passes.

HOMEWARD BOUND
Action: Prayer, the flip of a coin, and the offering of something considered valuable (gold coin, silver ring, etc).
Spell: The caster gambles in making a shortcut, offering Jax an item and flipping a coin. The offering will disperse into gold dust, forming a swirling golden portal before them which will remain there for up to one hour or until it is passed through. The caster or any Jax blessed may pass through this portal, but only one, and they may carry either an unplayed infant up to the age of five or an animal no larger than a dog. They will keep whatever they are wearing upon them. Upon passing through the portal, the coinflip will decide their location:
1 - They appear in a place they consider of comfort, or home.
2 - They appear in the Grand Cathedral.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Update to this spell:

ACOLYTE OF UNDEATH
Action: Ten minutes of ritual prayer with blood anointed upon the target.
Cost: 6SP
Duration: Permanent until the links are broken.
Spell: The caster imparts upon their target a physical stasis, a band of dark green marking around each wrist like tattooing. So long as both these links are unbroken, their body will never age nor grow, remaining as it was upon the spell being cast. It also will never heal, and any wounds sustained must be healed through magical means such as Formistry or [UNHALLOWED FLESH]. They are also immune to all mundane diseases, poison and ailments, and no longer require food, drink, nor sleep. This includes blood for Vyres. They are classed as a Lich, a state of undeath but not a type easily removed from spells of other deities.
Note: The spell is broken if the links are, and they can be cut through by simply cutting into the flesh over the band, or even the more drastic removal of the hand above the marking. Only two individuals may have this active upon them at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.