Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Valour's Whitelist Application [Approved - Niko]

Valour

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Valour__

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Affirm

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is simply using knowledge through out of character means.

Powergaming is a bit more complex and can take on many forms, but perhaps the most prolific of these (and certainly the most heinous) is forcing an action upon another player. An example of this is "He stabbed deeply into the enemy with a twist of the blade," which should more aptly be changed to "He attempted to stab deeply into the enemy with a twist of the blade."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Not at all whatsoever

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda

8. Tell us about yourself!
To Whom it May Concern,

It is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I'm an 18 year old from New Jersey who has been a roleplay for around 8 years now. Roleplay takes up a pretty significant part of my free time, whether it be writing lore or actually engaging in the activity. I have a fascination with World War II, particularly the history of the Axis forces. I also absolutely love various different fantasy works, many of which are my own creations. I enjoy Dungeons & Dragons and various other tabletop RPGs. As for music, that is quite a can of worms but my favorite artists are all in the "emo rap" genre. Artists like LiL Peep, Convolk, sadboizen, and more are my typical bread and butter.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I write sometimes I guess but I'd rather not show it publicly. I also make music but am very secretive about that.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I have been looking for a good roleplaying server for some time, and simply googled it. After careful inspection your forums seemed well made and it seemed active enough so I decided to give it a go!

Character Name:
Gareth Walton

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Garrett has blonde hair with a scruffy beard. His build is rather average, at 178lbs and 6'0. He has green eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
It was not so long ago that Gareth had entered into service under Lord Wilhelm Von Walton, becoming a retainer under his command. He was a squire under Friedrich Von Walton who had worked with the aggressive lord for many years, through times of peace, strife and everything in between. Much to the excitement of his leaders, Gareth had always been the type to do as he was told. While within his head he often sought more, he recognized that he had to be careful about the way in which he gained more. He truly believed that his might vastly outclassed that of many of his peers. He never spoke rudely about any of his superiors, let alone to them, but he always held an innate desire to gain strength within the comfort of his own head.

Perhaps this ideology had been instilled into him by the system in which he was raised in, Anhalder society was so heavily based around ones might and martial prowess that it was the predominant defining factor of most men. For as long as he could remember, Gareth simply craved authority. He craved respect and power. It often clouded his vision and made it challenging to think clearly in some circumstances. Gareth had long questioned how one could go about gaining power, and saw the system as deeply flawed for many individuals, however he did not let that deter him from his desire to command over those who he saw as lesser. His father was not of the same archetype. His father worked on boats, making sure that they were always the best that they could be. His mother worked in the fields for much of her life, much to her own dismay. She passed away when Gareth was 13 of a long untreated illness. Gareth had little connection with his family, and leaving them was not challenging once the knight Friedrich Von Walton offered to make him his squire.

Gareth had served under Lord Wilhelm Von Walton for seven years, most of which he was learning to be a knight. He was knighted at 21, and remained close with his former mentor, Freidrich. Shortly after his knighting, an untimely assassination of Lord Wilhelm Von Walton put Gareth at the forefront of accusations. A power struggle erupted that he did not desire to be a part of, and mere weeks after his 22nd birthday, he abandoned his post. Lord Wilhelm Von Walton was no more, and his hold had fallen into disarray, so he felt no desire to remain in the place he was. He set out for a new life with the coin in his pocket and the sword on his side. He went to visit his father before anything in a small city near the Marien Valley. He explained that he had to find his own path through this world, and that he would no longer be serving House Walton. They did not argue with Gareth, and he was off to do just that.
------------
(Note: While I looked extensively through The Anhalder culture page, I found it nigh impossible to figure out what particular cities predominantly held this culture and where in particular they may exist in abundance. I also made up many different names throughout the written test for the purpose of story. If this character is at all unacceptable I do understand, and any requested changes will be rapidly obliged.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hey there!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this application. I loved reading the written test. There's one small thing I have to bring up though:

- Your skin looks great but we have a strict rule that the most armor any character can start off with is a gambeson. This may seem unnecessarily strict, but the reason why we have this rule is that seeking out armor and weapons through roleplay with other characters and potentially events leads to far more fun, enjoyment, and interaction than simply saying one has it in backstory.

Other than that, your application is solid. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to apply to our community. Just post a reply on this thread whenever you've edited the skin.

Valour

Villager
Hey, sorry for the slow reply. I've been in the hospital for the past week and was unable to work on my skin. I'm gonna try to find an alternate one as I can't make skins or modify them, I'll try to have it done tomorrow.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hey, sorry for the slow reply. I've been in the hospital for the past week and was unable to work on my skin. I'm gonna try to find an alternate one as I can't make skins or modify them, I'll try to have it done tomorrow.
No need to apologize. Focus on getting well, your health is important. Take as much time as you need with this and I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Valour

Villager
No need to apologize. Focus on getting well, your health is important. Take as much time as you need with this and I hope you make a speedy recovery.
I have changed the skin to an all time favorite, it also matches the description better.

Edit: I appreciate the kind words, I'm doing much better now. Thanks very much.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
------------
(Note: While I looked extensively through The Anhalder culture page, I found it nigh impossible to figure out what particular cities predominantly held this culture and where in particular they may exist in abundance. I also made up many different names throughout the written test for the purpose of story. If this character is at all unacceptable I do understand, and any requested changes will be rapidly obliged.)
While Anhald, as an empire, is no more, it does exist in the people who live in the territories of Kane, Artois, and Varyn. There are a few exceptions to this (Like the Hawklight territories of the NW Island and Stoltfar), but it's easy to say that Anhalders come from the Northwest portion of the map: Cities like Queensport, Thorne, and Haven.

The file seems to big to attach here (and I'm impatient), so here's a link to the thread that details map claims. HERE

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Awesome skin. While I still have your attention, I would like to point out the current setting Altera is in as of the ongoing server campaign. There is an entire subforum's worth of material to read through, but the most pertinent thing is that death has seemingly ceased to exist as outlined in here. Other than that....

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.