Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Vanilla WoW] Nostalrius Server

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant

Patch 1.12.1. The server is packed, usually at least 3000 players online.
If anyone wants to join me we could make a Goonsquad and do old-time raids :D
Just gimme your IGN so I can add it to the list.

Head to the link below, create an account (super quick) and download the client.
The whole thing takes around an hour, and then you're in, and can play!
https://en.nostalrius.org

-Player List-
Ced = Cedative
Anithola = Maknooze + Malfuriel
Axex = Migabu
angryboy = Elazar
Catalyst = Messenoire
Raindes =Yearcia​

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Never really managed to get into WoW before... maybe if more people join this, I'll come along for the ride?
I was one of the kids who started playing around 10 years ago and grew up on the first couple of expansions, then real life got busy and I forgot it for years. When I tried to get back into the updated version (Warlord of Draenor), everything was... Well, crap. So many rubbish expansions. This server is awesome - a total nostalgia-fest, and it runs great.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
If we're going to talk about private servers, I know plenty of very well done servers. One of which is a vanilla expansion server, using a wrath of the lich king patch. Level cap is sixty, no death knights, draenei or blood elves and everything locked into vanilla, but you have the mechanics of Wrath of the lich king which vastly improve upon vanilla and BC's mechanics.

Seriously let's talk about vanilla Paladins and warriors for a minute, spamming sunder armor and blessings as your only abilities all day? No thanks.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I never played the oldest content, so I'm scared I wont like it. but definitly willing to give it a try!

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I never played the oldest content, so I'm scared I wont like it. but definitly willing to give it a try!
It was a simpler time... Plus, there's word that the server will slowly add expansion options, so us oldies can relive the WoW experience, and you younguns and see how awesome it was :D
If we're going to talk about private servers, I know plenty of very well done servers. One of which is a vanilla expansion server, using a wrath of the lich king patch. Level cap is sixty, no death knights, draenei or blood elves and everything locked into vanilla, but you have the mechanics of Wrath of the lich king which vastly improve upon vanilla and BC's mechanics.
That sounds cool, but how many players does it get? Nostalrius is a fairly new server (January 2015 I think) but last night for example I was online with 8000 other players. It felt like release day all over again :p

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
It was a simpler time... Plus, there's word that the server will slowly add expansion options, so us oldies can relive the WoW experience, and you younguns and see how awesome it was :D

That sounds cool, but how many players does it get? Nostalrius is a fairly new server (January 2015 I think) but last night for example I was online with 8000 other players. It felt like release day all over again :p
They have about 8000 accounts ATM and are also very new, oddly similar to Nostalrius's pop... Huh. I learned about it from a youtuber who does server reviews.

Eh private servers. XD
I play retail, but I play on private servers that don't abuse their servers to either A. attempt to copy the current expansion, or B. get profit from a broken cash shop. If they avoid both of these pitfalls I can approve of a private server existing, and blizzard will turn a blind eye.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Axex and I are gonna make some Alliance folk, if you want in just put your IGN and I'll add ya :D Can't wait to get my sweet defias gear back.

Tayo

Lord of Altera
Mmm, I might be tempted, depending on when everyone plays. Don't feel like doing the level grind on my own again o.o

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Well, we gots a Rogue and a Druid so far, but we don't really mind so pick whatever you like. Just, if you wanna group up with us pick an Alliance char :p And yes, it's free to play. It's like an hour download, then log straight in and start playing. Super simple!

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Muahahaha! I may make a guild, for the sake of keeping track of us all :D Any hilarious name suggestions are welcome, though so far I'm liking anything with the word Goonsquad in it.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Cant. Contain. Hype:
"What's next once all the content will be cleared?
A new TBC server will be opened after some months by the community we depend on. This new realm will be completely independent from Nostalrius Begins, that will continue to be supported. Additionally the Nostalrius players will have the possibility to copy any character to the Burning Crusade realm. Once again, Nostalrius Begins will always stay online, and will always have its own dedicated staff."

Anithola

Lord of Altera
No need for anything. Its a relatively small download, like 6 GB. You just download it and play. couldnt be easier :)