Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Village] Caldwell

Mryosi

Lord of Altera

Caldwell Emblem- A tower over a blue field
(Designed by @KatrinMair vectored and edited by @Shibuikitsune)

Dragon's vein flows strong.
The tower stands tall.
Up from above, it sees.
It sees a majestic strength in the shape of formidable fort.
The boat unloads salted pork.
Sailors shouting swear words.
In the golden fields watered by the ice fountains
Caldwell stands, on the foot of the great mountain.

Brief town history:
Caldwell was first founded by house Hawklight as a small port city. At this time,. The lands of Caldwell were given to Micheal Hawklight by house Hawklight to act as a warden. There Micheal Hawklight, who later on was proven a great military leader built one of the greatest castles in Altera to keep the town safe.

Under his leadership Caldwell soon gathered strength and started to prosper. As the prosperity continued, Micheal Hawklight soon became a wealthy man and decided to buy the lands of Caldwell for himself. He broke off Hawklight and became the first Silverian lord.

He built the Caldwell Watch Tower as a reminder to the people that the Silverians will always be watching for their own people.

As the prosperity not only of the city, but also of the house Caldwell soon became bigger and bigger. The docks became bigger, the fields became larger and the city grew safer.

As the once small village became a valuable asset to the empire, culture started to develop. Public gardens, horse races and duels.
Joining the city
The city is a great place to settle down. Its safe and accessible.
In the village you will recessive a home suitable for a large family, or small. You could farm, deal with livestock or join the Silver Dragons academy and learn about the art of war.

Last edited:

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Excuse me..
Where is the mention of the wonderful Foreman and Adopted Son of Michael, Kyron Raorensen? D:
Who? ...
I couldn't find any reference of him in the family relations and Micheal himself never mentioned him.

If you have more information, I would love to learn it!

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Well that is rude.
Basically, my character, Bruce Raorensen.. stuff happened, he kills someone then Michael kills Bruce.
Due to Bruce having powerful magic connecitns, he comes back as a ghost and haunts Michael.
When looting Bruce's house, they find Kyron, a son that Bruce had with some tribal woman when he was travelling.
Although Kyron objects, Michael adopts him and becomes like a foster parent.
Basically, I was kinda the heir to Caldwell.
Kyron tended the animals, and although they never came, if/when poorish people came to work ont he fields, Kyron would be the foreman and watch over them,
He also had a pig named Marmite that he used to ride around on. XD
But there is plenty of evidence that suggests Kyron existed.
Assuming mich hasn't changed in over a year, I can probably find my house he he
What happened to him anyway? Michael, tha tis.

Kyron is an old character, way before times when Michael broke away rom House Hawklight. Last I remember, Michael got married but Caldwell was still ultimately owned by House Hawklight (Best House ever)

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Well that is rude.
Basically, my character, Bruce Raorensen.. stuff happened, he kills someone then Michael kills Bruce.
Due to Bruce having powerful magic connecitns, he comes back as a ghost and haunts Michael.
When looting Bruce's house, they find Kyron, a son that Bruce had with some tribal woman when he was travelling.
Although Kyron objects, Michael adopts him and becomes like a foster parent.
Basically, I was kinda the heir to Caldwell.
Kyron tended the animals, and although they never came, if/when poorish people came to work ont he fields, Kyron would be the foreman and watch over them,
He also had a pig named Marmite that he used to ride around on. XD
But there is plenty of evidence that suggests Kyron existed.
Assuming mich hasn't changed in over a year, I can probably find my house he he
What happened to him anyway? Michael, tha tis.

Kyron is an old character, way before times when Michael broke away rom House Hawklight. Last I remember, Michael got married but Caldwell was still ultimately owned by House Hawklight (Best House ever)
Well your story is nice but I don't see how it affect the city's history. Of course that many people were part of the city but only one of them founded house Silverian :p
You are more than welcome though to re-join the city!

And Micheal left due to staff disputes.

Btw- if your character is still around- it should showup in Caldwell asap- and we could update the family records

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Because of ghosts!
It stopped construction over Caldwell? XD
I don't know, there was a lot of inolvement between me and Michael.
Kyron is still around, but I've just rejoined and I have to get a lot of stuff sorted out first.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Because of ghosts!
It stopped construction over Caldwell? XD
I don't know, there was a lot of inolvement between me and Michael.
Kyron is still around, but I've just rejoined and I have to get a lot of stuff sorted out first.
Yeah it's fine.
Just so you know, ic Michel and his son Arthur are both dead. So as his wife. The Only heirs are the twins of Kataja's second husband.
Caldwell is pretty much complete, but I'm being carful saying it. Many things can change or be edited.

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
The wind blows near constantly now, rustling the leaves in the trees and howling over rooftops. Crop growth rates seem accelerated, which, far from being a boon, causes stalks to droop to the ground where their fruits sprout even before they can be harvested. The seas are choppy, and ships on long voyages are not yet returned. Armor tarnishes, horses throw their shoes, and money seems to get eaten by pockets and wallets. It has become apparent that something occurs beyond mortal ken. Do the gods free themselves of some ancient arcane restrictions imposed by the now-absent Immortal Kings? Are they battling with each other for control of their demesnes? Is something giving them power, or perhaps taking their power? There is a sense of urgency - of desperation, perhaps implied by the incessant wind - that no longer abates.

The wind blows fiercly in Cadwell. now. Any and all homes have extreme danger of falling if the home isn't rooted to hard soil. Any loose items will be tossed away in the wind. Travlers to Cadwell will find getting here easier than Silverwatch. The uneasy is heavy in the air, animals are wild and more often uncontrollable. Crops grow faster than we can harvest them. Some people say a storm is coming, some people brush it off.

@Mryosi

@Shibuikitsune

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
Cadwell's river has overflowed, causing many area's in Cadwell to be flooded. The bugs, insects, and such that have skiped Silverwatch are now in Cadwell. Only moscitoies, and flies. Many Cadwell citizens are fleeing to Azerport or hold up in the Cadwell Fort.

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
A strange errie calmness as settled over Cadwell. The river still is overflowed, and bugs are still present. But the wind and rain are all gone.

N

Nathan Basore

How would one go about joining Caldwell?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Anyway someone could direct me there?
We own like half the towns around Altera :cool:, would be hard to miss (I like nice things, K?).

Many of our characters hang around in public places, like Crossroads. Ask around and you will be directed there quite easily.