Vyre FAQ

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member

F A Q

With the Vyre thread being moved, it has made asking questions and FAQ finding difficult. So I'll be pinning this in here, though you can still find the official lore page on
Vyres over here, please ensure you read through it too!
[Vyre Lore]
What about the blood of a Blessed character?:
The blood of a Blessed character tied to a ‘Good’ god is the best blood available in terms of taste. It is enough for a Vyre to feel euphoric, and is greatly sought after. Neutral gods are not quite as good, but something above the already delectable taste of a normal human. Those of evil Gods taste no different to a normal human, really.

What about the blood of a Mage?:
Mage blood tastes a little peculiar, in the sense it's almost like it is energised. It has no effect on the Vyre, and remains as delicious as normal blood, but could be considered by some as 'Exotic'.

Can a Vyre drink the blood of another Vyre?:
Technically, yes, but it has very little value to them and tastes like water, regardless of them being a mage or otherwise. In some cases it can sicken the individual.

Does Vyre saliva have any effects?:
It provides an extremely mild numbing sensation, but not enough to cover something like a bite and make it feel like it never happened. Just an odd sensation on the skin.

Do the Divine Manacles/Ashes work on a Vyre?:
They work as described in the Divine Artifact section.

How much blood needs to be shared for it to work?:
A single drop can be enough to start the sickness off, and then it is up to them to consume sentient blood to proceed from there on. It must be introduced to the bloodstream in some fashion. An example could be a drop to the eyeball, for example.

If my Vyre has fed recently, is he fine in the day?:
Not quite. The hunger pangs will fade, but the lethargic feelings and the brightness of the sun will be ever present regardless.

What if the sun is blocked out by dark clouds, like a storm?:
If the sun is blocked out, a Vyre is not quite as afflicted by the blinding sun and other issues. They could roam in darkness during the day to a point they feel mostly themselves, but the daylight will always bring weakness and be somewhat disorienting.

Can I make my character a Vyre using an NPC Vyre?:
No. You should do RP with one of the existing Vyre characters, and go that path.

Can I use NPCs to ‘feed’ on?:
Not really. You can use temps in events and the like, but you should ideally be using actual player characters to introduce a bit more risk and to get more RP going.

Have a few selected characters already become Vyres?:
A few players from different groups have became or are in the process of becoming them, indeed.

Is there any purge/cure for newly made Vyres?:
That is something that should be found out through roleplay and research conversations (can be directed to myself and Squidziod).

Can Vyres procreate naturally and then infect the child or are children already born Vyres?:
Vyres of both genders are infertile and unable to create children biologically. A 'child' should also be reaching maturity before they become a Vyre, or the process simply does not work. (16+).

If a Vyre dies, can they be brought back by the Sisterhood & if so, will they continue to have the sickness?:

Death is another thing that should be directed through research conversations(additionally all deaths should be taken up with me/squid as mentioned in the first post), but I'd like to clarify they are not perma-death characters if the player does not wish it.

What about 'cooked' blood?:

Vyre blood 'cooked' into something like blood pudding is still potent enough to start off the transformation process from human to Vyre. 'Normal' cooked blood products to a Vyre are like a sort of candy; they taste nice but hold little in terms of nutritional value to them.

Can a sire overcome the compulsion not to kill their progenitor?
A vyre cannot cause harm to their sire, or the sires above in the generation, gradually getting stronger as it goes up the chain. That isn't to say you cannot concieve of it or allow it to happen by not your hand, even if it makes you uncomfortable, but directly killing your own sire is not something you'll feel you can do. As much as you may wish to.

Does Gold or Silver have any effect against Vyres?
No, gold and silver have no effect against Vyres.

If everyone in a bloodline except one person were to die and that person was say the 3rd generation, would they get placed back into their original position if everyone was to be revived or would they remain the progenitor?
If all that generation revived as normal, not Vyre, then that individual would be the progenitor. But a Vyre 'dying' and returning as a Vyre within a few days does not change it. 'True death' only.

If a Vyre ends up cured from being one, can they still be re-turned after?
Yes, but they'd not return to the position they were in previously. They could in theory shift from bloodline and if they were a progenitor once they're not anymore. Like a reset.

Food makes vyres sick but does normal food still taste the same for vyres? Or does the 'sickens them' mean they no longer like the taste of normal food?
They can probably stomach it briefly but they'll not like it for long if it makes them so sick.

How often does a normal vyre need to feed? How much blood per that time frame do they need to drink to remain "healthy"? (a cup, a liter, 2 liters...?)
The average Vyre should aim for roughly 1-2 pints per OOC week, whether this is in smaller intervals or in one day. Gluttony Vyres should aim for twice the amount of an average Vyre. Nothing stops you having more than this, but this is the minimum, which I feel is fair considering you cannot use NPCs to feed on (that's noted in another question or the lore somewhere).
Animal blood can sometimes help top up the amount but it is one pint of sentient blood that is still required.

With these new bloodline powers, are they active so long as the "active feeding" requirement is met, or is it like a "they meet their specific requirements and they get a very short buff" sort of like a potion?
Bloodline powers are like a passive, providing you're drinking at least the bare minimum they work.

Aren't folks still not in need of food/water/sleep and by extension blood due to the Broken Chains? Do vyres apply to these restriction and if it does, how does it effect their current new tiers?
Currently whilst the stasis is in effect, starvation is off the cards - And that applies to Vyres too. Providing they're at a point where they're well fed or even occasionally drinking for the satisfaction of it, the bloodline effects still come into play. Stasis ending however may or may not bring about the lack of blood for a long time and some are seen to be trying to prepare for the possibility...
If an ability is used to drain or use blood, that blood won't be regenerating on its own. They will need to feed again just to be able to activate things such as the Scales.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
blorbis readies his hand to throw a dart into a picture of samael's face.
Sadly, this was a question more out of curiosity. Rogerius- legally speaking- has nothing more than a hunch about Samael being the cause of his transformation. He's actually more likely to just side with Samael at this point. or is he?

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
Can a sire overcome the compulsion not to kill their progenitor?
A vyre cannot cause harm to their sire, or the sires above in the generation, gradually getting stronger as it goes up the chain. That isn't to say you cannot concieve of it or allow it to happen by not your hand, even if it makes you uncomfortable, but directly killing your own sire is not something you'll feel you can do. As much as you may wish to.

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
This is, beyond the Golden manacles themselves.

Kostadim

I think I might like it here
If everyone in a bloodline except one person were to die and that person was say the 3rd generation, would they get placed back into their original position if everyone was to be revived or would they remain the progenitor?

RagingLunacy

Legend of Altera
Also got an added question now that certain ic info is into play:

If I Vyre ends up cured from being one, can they still be re-turned after?

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
This is, beyond the Golden manacles themselves.
No, gold and silver have no effect against Vyres.

If all that generation revived as normal, not Vyre, then that individual would be the progenitor. But a Vyre 'dying' and returning as a Vyre within a few days does not change it. 'True death' only.

Also got an added question now that certain ic info is into play:

If I Vyre ends up cured from being one, can they still be re-turned after?
Yes, but they'd not return to the position they were in previously. They could in theory shift from bloodline and if they were a progenitor once they're not anymore. Like a reset.

Mudpaw11

Legend of Altera
Villager
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Villager
Food makes vyres sick but does normal food still taste the same for vyres? Or does the 'sickens them' mean they no longer like the taste of normal food

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
Food makes vyres sick but does normal food still taste the same for vyres? Or does the 'sickens them' mean they no longer like the taste of normal food
They can probably stomach it briefly but they'll not like it for long if it makes them so sick.

Scardrac

o7
Retired Staff
With the new bloodlines, I figure it's time to figure some things out. When the stasis ends, this will inevitably be asked.

How often does a normal vyre need to feed? How much blood per that time frame do they need to drink to remain "healthy"? (a cup, a liter, 2 liters...?)

How does this compare to the Glutton bloodline, where it states you need to eat more?

With these new bloodline powers, are they active so long as the "active feeding" requirement is met, or is it like a "they meet their specific requirements and they get a very short buff" sort of like a potion.

NIAH

Secretly Elz
Retired Staff
How much blood per that time frame do they need to drink to remain "healthy"? (a cup, a liter, 2 liters...?)
This part in particular I am curious about, in terms of how much is needed for those who are doing the giving. If it is a liter or more, it probably means they'd be unable to give it as often or else they'll be sick and anemic. If it's like a cup or less, that's easy peasy for the cattle population.

Solus

:eyes:
Staff member
Server Owner
Aren't folks still not in need of food/water/sleep and by extension blood due to the Broken Chains? Do vyres apply to these restriction and if it does, how does it effect their current new tiers?

Kostadim

I think I might like it here
Vyres don’t feel the desire to consume blood as of right now so any downsides involved with hunger won’t come into play until after the campaign is over I’m not completely sure for the Greyling scales feature though.

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
With the new bloodlines, I figure it's time to figure some things out. When the stasis ends, this will inevitably be asked.

How does this compare to the Glutton bloodline, where it states you need to eat more?

With these new bloodline powers, are they active so long as the "active feeding" requirement is met, or is it like a "they meet their specific requirements and they get a very short buff" sort of like a potion.
The average Vyre should aim for roughly 1-2 pints per OOC week, whether this is in smaller intervals or in one day. Gluttony Vyres should aim for twice the amount of an average Vyre. Nothing stops you having more than this, but this is the minimum, which I feel is fair considering you cannot use NPCs to feed on (that's noted in another question or the lore somewhere).

Bloodline powers are like a passive, providing you're drinking at least the bare minimum they work.

Currently whilst the stasis is in effect, starvation is off the cards - And that applies to Vyres too. Providing they're at a point where they're well fed or even occasionally drinking for the satisfaction of it, the bloodline effects still come into play. Stasis ending however may or may not bring about the lack of blood for a long time and some are seen to be trying to prepare for the possibility...

Though Kosta does bring up a point. If an ability is used to drain or use blood, that blood won't be regenerating on its own. They will need to feed again just to be able to activate things such as the Scales.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

Evil Event Organisor
Mentor
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Sires with a long chain below them will get blisters in the sun.
What is stronger? The generation ability, or the bloodline ability?
some of Gluttony's strength lays in their daywalker ability, though if the chain becomes too long, they'd get blisters. Or wouldn't they?
How does this work?

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
i would assume daywalker takes precedence, just to make it useful.

a possible way of doing it is that daywalker reduces the sun's effects on the progenitor by one tier, so if they have nine, it acts like they have 7 and so on.