Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
not sure if this has been asked already but if a lover does the heart cure, if it's thrown up for whatever reason, is the cure negated? or is it still ok because you ate the full heart?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Strengths || Lovers are able to change their appearance at will. If someone looks at them while they are doing it, it looks as if they are melting and reforming into a chosen shape. It also affects color, such as their hair or eyes, or their skin tone. It also affects their height and weight, able to morph it into anything within the bounds of the race they choose to appear as. This is an illusory effect, not a physical change. It can be disspelled like illusions. It does not actually change their body.

When thinking about this, I've come to findd this current write up extremely odd and perhaps not very useful in actual practice. Because say for example a halfling wished to look like a 6'0 human. If the entire thing is an illusion, how exactly do the movement correlate when the halfling picks something up? Does it simply float at their side where halfling's hand would be? Additionally, if in combat and someone were to try and punch this illusion in the face, would it simply phase through? What happens if the lover halfling tries to hit them? Does that also simply phase through their opponent?
It's like this for balance reasons. If you did the transition into an earthspawn as a goofy elf, you would have all the skills of a goofy elf but none of the bodily limitations to crush someone's skull in or something. Likewise, transforming into a much more lithe form. Breaks the stats system and makes it way more powerful than it is intended to be - and it's intended to just be a disguise ability.

not sure if this has been asked already but if a lover does the heart cure, if it's thrown up for whatever reason, is the cure negated? or is it still ok because you ate the full heart?
Follow the soap operatic rule.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
ANOTHER QUESTION, QUITE IMMEDIATELY RELEVANT : if a vyre revives in a new body and cures, what- what happens with the body stuff-

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
Noble Vyres cant cross a closed barrier of silver / gold / salt. so long as it is pure. Nor cant they can they touch it without burning themselves. Therefore I have 2 questions

Gilding is essentially just taking a thin layer of pure metal, and placing it on something else. NOT creating an alloy

So if something is gilded with gold, would it still work in the same manner. At least until/if someone scrapes it, because its so thin it would come off.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
does the barrier apply to objects they hold too? Like if a person has a spear, would that apply to the weapon as well? How would that apply to breaking the circle, if that's the case?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
[Paternalism] A Noble is aware of their progeny. They know how many there are, whether they are alive or dead, and if they are starving or not.
For consumed nobles, do they know who exactly are their underlings? Or is it they just know they have x amount of progeny?

Last edited:

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
For the Grey-Line they get the passive non-armored scale patches. Could these scales look like a symbol or simplistic design. Say like a long thin chain made out of the scales across the upper half of someones back. Not going over the size limit ofc.

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
Can a fledgling fight their sire with consent. As in like fight them in a non-killing spar for practice. No mortal wounds and all that?

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
For the Grey-Line they get the passive non-armored scale patches. Could these scales look like a symbol or simplistic design. Say like a long thin chain made out of the scales across the upper half of someones back. Not going over the size limit ofc.
Up to you typically, they can be in order or be in patches, I've seen either
Can a fledgling fight their sire with consent. As in like fight them in a non-killing spar for practice. No mortal wounds and all that?
Well, a Vyre cannot Harm their sire intensionally, so for a non killing spar, would that dual imply harming them or maybe their shield? I'd say you could lock swords or maybe bash at their shield, but hitting them or intending too would be a nono.

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
Up to you typically, they can be in order or be in patches, I've seen either

Well, a Vyre cannot Harm their sire intensionally, so for a non killing spar, would that dual imply harming them or maybe their shield? I'd say you could lock swords or maybe bash at their shield, but hitting them or intending too would be a nono.
I feel it would be for like non-lethal punches and kicks.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
ANOTHER QUESTION, QUITE IMMEDIATELY RELEVANT : if a vyre revives in a new body and cures, what- what happens with the body stuff-
If desired, Lovers that respawn in a new body and get cured can still gradually shift to their old body as if they had not.

Noble Vyres cant cross a closed barrier of silver / gold / salt. so long as it is pure. Nor cant they can they touch it without burning themselves. Therefore I have 2 questions

Gilding is essentially just taking a thin layer of pure metal, and placing it on something else. NOT creating an alloy

So if something is gilded with gold, would it still work in the same manner. At least until/if someone scrapes it, because its so thin it would come off.
The official ruling is that silver filigree/gold filigree/gilding tags on a HC item do not count as sufficient quantities to have a mechanical effect against vyres. If this does not indirectly answer your question, let me know.

does the barrier apply to objects they hold too? Like if a person has a spear, would that apply to the weapon as well? How would that apply to breaking the circle, if that's the case?
It does not apply to held items.

I feel it would be for like non-lethal punches and kicks.
As written, they are unable to intentionally cause harm to their sire, period. This applies to harming them nonlethally in a spar.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
The official ruling is that silver filigree/gold filigree/gilding tags on a HC item do not count as sufficient quantities to have a mechanical effect against vyres. If this does not indirectly answer your question, let me know.
What if it was not used on the loreing aspect of an item. But there was actually hard use of the crafting ingot. Like if it where gilded beams, and the ingots where place don item frames every so often.

Further it got me thinking (and this might be allot of unnecessary work, so feel free to tell me off)
What if there was a way to use the ingots in the crafting plugin to actually gild armor.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
If someone cooked the heart of a person that a lover vyre loves, and served it to them in such a way that they wouldn't be aware what they're eating, would they still be cured?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
If someone cooked the heart of a person that a lover vyre loves, and served it to them in such a way that they wouldn't be aware what they're eating, would they still be cured?
I'll go with 'yes' because that sounds dramatic, but they still need to eat at least half the heart in whatever form it's presented in.

What if it was not used on the loreing aspect of an item. But there was actually hard use of the crafting ingot. Like if it where gilded beams, and the ingots where place don item frames every so often.

Further it got me thinking (and this might be allot of unnecessary work, so feel free to tell me off)
What if there was a way to use the ingots in the crafting plugin to actually gild armor.
Try right clicking a smithing table block with said finished armor piece and a gold ingot in your inventory. If you're off cooldown, it should show a menu with some trades that add embellishments, like filigree or gilding. The earlier statement still applies; gilding and filigree doesn't count as enough of the material to have any mechanical effect.
For structural props, I recommend using the chain prop in smithing. IIRC it specifies a unit length in the default description.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
Try right clicking a smithing table block with said finished armor piece and a gold ingot in your inventory. If you're off cooldown, it should show a menu with some trades that add embellishments, like filigree or gilding. The earlier statement still applies; gilding and filigree doesn't count as enough of the material to have any mechanical effect.
For structural props, I recommend using the chain prop in smithing. IIRC it specifies a unit length in the default description.
Oh awesome.
Thanks Omnisiah, you're my savior

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
Does blooded silver function as silver against nobles?
RAW no, as it is not pure silver. Unless mr lanman wishes to amend that. Its the reason you can have a solid weapon of it, creating a solid silver blade would... be a bad idea to say the least.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
REANIMATION ||
When a Vyre dies, their mind and soul move on to inhabit a new host. This can be anyone who has died anywhere in the world, as long as their corpse is easily capable of locomotion (no reviving into a deep grave), and intact (no reviving into a dismembered or cremated corpse). It can be a recently deceased player character's body, but this requires the permission of that player. The corpse cannot be younger than sixteen. It takes twenty-four hours OOC to revive into the new body from the time of death. The new host may slowly transform over time come to resemble the Vyre, but the time it takes and if it happens at all is at the prerogative of the player. The race of the new host cannot be a construct, restricted race, or extinct race. Physical blessings do carry over into the new body. Vyres who are sparked do not lose their spark when they reanimate.
Is revival post reanimation post death into the original body type still something possible?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Is revival post reanimation post death into the original body type still something possible?
"If desired, Lovers that respawn in a new body and get cured can still gradually shift to their old body as if they had not."

Building off of this, the generalized mechanic is "regardless of circumstances, someone that Lover-respawns in a new body can revert back to their old body." This doesn't have to happen through a death/revival, it can happen naturally, but doing it through a revival doesn't offer much difference to 'you turn back whenever you want,' so I'm inclined to say that'll work too if you want to do it that way.