Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
I'm very sorry blarg that I have to keep on asking questions, however here's another:

The chain of 6 bonus of gluttony bloodline implies that the teeth become sharp and durable enough to be able to pierce steel. Does this, however, mean that jaws of a vyre couldn't bite through without seriously damaging it?

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
If your character is already in love with someone who is turned into a lover, how quickly would they join as a fledgling lover

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
[Hate] Those who are at risk by virtue of truly hating a Lover are given more protections. As long as their hatred of the Lover does not surpass everything else in their life, as long as they have not looked into the abyss and the abyss looked back, as long as they are not as monstrous as what they hunt… they will not become a Lover. As with love, it’s the prerogative of the player who is at risk of transfiguration when they feel their character’s deep, emotional hatred of a given Lover has surpassed all other concerns in that character’s life.

[Love] If one falls prey to infection by a Lover on account of truly falling in love with them, then they do not have any protections. They immediately become a Fledgling Lover themselves, and indeed as they gradually fall in love with one of their kind they subtly begin to look more like one. A healthy, beautiful sort of “glow” hangs over them, great positivity, and an emotional closeness with others that they would not feel otherwise. All wonderful things, but dangerous signs of a possible Lover in their midst. The actual moment of change, where the player considers their character to have passed the threshold of “fallen truly into love” determines when they actually must then be a Fledgling Lover.
What is the contrast for a lover who turns through hate? I imagine they are not instantly happy. Perhaps they start off Hungry and irritated?

[Cure] The Lover has to have someone that they well and truly, above themselves, love. Then they need to cut out that person’s heart, and eat it.

How wide can this net be, Could it work with platonic love as well as romantic love?

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
REANIMATION
When a Vyre dies, their mind and soul move on to inhabit a new host. This can be anyone who has died anywhere in the world, as long as their corpse is easily capable of locomotion (no reviving into a deep grave), and intact (no reviving into a dismembered or cremated corpse). It can be a recently diseased player character's body, but this requires the permission of that player. The corpse cannot be younger than sixteen. It takes twenty-four hours OOC to revive into the new body from the time of death. The new host may slowly transform over time come to resemble the Vyre, but the time it takes and if it happens at all is at the prerogative of the player. The race of the new host cannot be a construct, restricted race, or extinct race.
Is there anything interesting going on with chars who revive cured post reanimation? I.e. Do new traits carry over, Or do they just get a carbon copy of their original body tainted by Jishrim after revival?

Are there any conditions with this and gravewalkers/sunblessed?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Can a consumed lover shift into a child?
Yes, but that's weird.

For Lover Vyres, as they can feed on emotions, do they have some sort of innate 'detection' like for instance an Animancer does to sense if people are experiencing intense emotions?
No, but they have eyes. They just, like, look at people.

If they do, is this just a general sense or can they sense the specific emotions felt?
No.

If a lover vyre were to stay around someone 24/7 does that negate the need to properly feed
No.

Now - Say the Feral has a cleaned and bandaged wound, would that still trigger it?
If they can smell it, they're sort of drawn to it. If they can see it (say they're bleeding through the bandage) - bloodlust.

Is the new change to Bloodvine common knowledge? Bloodvine is one of the common knowledge nodes as per this thread, so I would assume so. Want to be sure however.
Sure.

Can Vyres still cry blood if they are well fed?

Dear God, six pages already. You are killing this, Blarg. Real MVP.
Yeah, that's fine.

Since the way one becomes a Lover vyre is through immense hate/love, and Vyres are able to turn into other vyres mutations (from a prev answered question)...

Then if ones hatred/love for their sire never ended during the moment they turned in to another mutation, would they just... turn back in to a lover?
Probably they just wouldn't change at all. Follow the "soap operatic principle", and go for whatever is most dramatic.

I'm very sorry blarg that I have to keep on asking questions, however here's another:

The chain of 6 bonus of gluttony bloodline implies that the teeth become sharp and durable enough to be able to pierce steel. Does this, however, mean that jaws of a vyre couldn't bite through without seriously damaging it?
1621705676112.png
I don't know, man, Google wasn't forthcoming with whether or not people have the jaw strength to bite through steel.

If your character is already in love with someone who is turned into a lover, how quickly would they join as a fledgling lover
Follow the "soap operatic principle", and go for whatever is most dramatic.

What is the contrast for a lover who turns through hate? I imagine they are not instantly happy. Perhaps they start off Hungry and irritated?
A Lover can start out hungry and irritated, sure.

How wide can this net be, Could it work with platonic love as well as romantic love?
Follow the "soap operatic principle", and go for whatever is most dramatic.

Is there anything interesting going on with chars who revive cured post reanimation?
If there are changes, only cosmetic ones.

I.e. Do new traits carry over, Or do they just get a carbon copy of their original body tainted by Jishrim after revival?
At the player's discretion.

Are there any conditions with this and gravewalkers/sunblessed?
No, none of the Gravewalker/Sunblessed stuff carries over post-cure.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
No, but they have eyes. They just, like, look at people.
Apologies for following the previous list of questions with another already, though this clarification confuses me a bit.
So Lover Vyres have no way to tell if a person is experiencing an emotion intense enough for feeding, other than to try and assume so via their expressiveness of that emotion? Aka, if people don't express an emotion as severely as they are feeling it, they are pretty good at a pokerface, etc etc. a Lover Vyre might not even realize someone's in a good enough state to feed on?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Apologies for following the previous list of questions with another already, though this clarification confuses me a bit.
So Lover Vyres have no way to tell if a person is experiencing an emotion intense enough for feeding, other than to try and assume so via their expressiveness of that emotion?
Yes, they do not have any intrinsic way of doing so beside their own intuition, interpreting what is going on around them, or other abilities they may have.

Aka, if people don't express an emotion as severely as they are feeling it, they are pretty good at a pokerface, etc etc. a Lover Vyre might not even realize someone's in a good enough state to feed on?
Yes.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Do Lovers feel a part of the emotion that they feed on?

Can they feed on any emotion, such as grief, sadness etc.?

Presumably already depressed characters become even moreso once fed on?

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
One of the masterwork abilities of Mother’s Embrace is:
Clothing or bandages made from Mother's Embrace additionally pull mundane poisons and toxins from the body.

When being fed on through masterwork Mother’s Embrace by a Feral, would the above ability mean you don’t turn? Vyrism isn’t exactly a poison or toxin, but I’m still curious if there’s any specific interaction between the material and the curse.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Would acolyte of undeath be able to make a vyre no longer require blood or emotions to eat? Additionally, would unhallowed flesh work on vyres aswell?
I got this wrong earlier. The answer is actually yes and yes, respectively.

Do Lovers feel a part of the emotion that they feed on?
You can feel free to flavor their feeding this way.

Can they feed on any emotion, such as grief, sadness etc.?
Yes, any emotion.

Presumably already depressed characters become even moreso once fed on?
Yes.

One of the masterwork abilities of Mother’s Embrace is:
Clothing or bandages made from Mother's Embrace additionally pull mundane poisons and toxins from the body.

When being fed on through masterwork Mother’s Embrace by a Feral, would the above ability mean you don’t turn? Vyrism isn’t exactly a poison or toxin, but I’m still curious if there’s any specific interaction between the material and the curse.
The way I would rule it is that if they're wearing clothes or padded armor made of it and are bit through that material, it would immediately draw it out but that bandages wouldn't work. Other DMs might rule differently, if in a PVP situation, refer to the soap operatic principle.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
What's the nature behind darkthread and lover vyres regarding turning? Anything going on?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Biters feel a sense of loathing and anxiety when within non-Skraag divine grounds that stays with them until they leave. They cannot hold or willingly touch a holy symbol of a deity not Skraag or a deity which has blessed them. They cannot enter non-Skraag holy places such as churches, chapels, cathedrals, and keeps that are within these holy places. These restrictions do not hold true if the Biter is blessed by the deity in question.
Reading this Biter weakness makes me wonder, if Biters are unable to enter places like churches or chapels, would divine blessed regions such as the Jishrim forest, Nid Arach, Linlea, etc essentialyl be unavailable for Biters? If so, this feels a little much and really restricts rp considering the amount of divine regions within the map.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
What's the nature behind darkthread and lover vyres regarding turning? Anything going on?
They would still turn. The idea is to not fall in love with one, and not to hate one more intensely than any other emotional attachment, headbands notwithstanding.

Reading this Biter weakness makes me wonder, if Biters are unable to enter places like churches or chapels, would divine blessed regions such as the Jishrim forest, Nid Arach, Linlea, etc essentialyl be unavailable for Biters? If so, this feels a little much and really restricts rp considering the amount of divine regions within the map.
They feel anxiety and loathing in divine grounds. Especially sacred, enclosed places within those holy places they can't enter - churches, chapels, so on. As an example, Aegis is a holy land of Valiant. The entire island is fortified. They feel anxiety and loathing on the island, but they only can't enter the keep.

For that matter, there's like, ten regions tops on the map that count as holy places.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
For Lover Vyres, does the Weakness involving Mirrors only specifically involve them looking at Mirrors, or any reflective surface?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Lover vyres actually need to be in proximity of the potiental progeny in question to turn, Correct?

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Is there any memory loss involved in reanimation, Similar to traditional death?

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Is there any memory loss involved in reanimation, Similar to traditional death?
I spoke about this in DMs with Blarg. You keep your memory right up to the second you die, and the Jishrim revival queue stuff doesn't affect you

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Lover vyres actually need to be in proximity of the potiental progeny in question to turn, Correct?
Does Purify from respective divines with blood still count as holy water for things like mages?

Are sires aware when a soft cure happens?

What happens If a lover vyre wears darkthread? What gets limited?

Do vyres drown any differently? what happens to conditions where bodies die but could still host someone? I.e. A body fixed up through say, formistry?

Can biters perceive symbols that are not actually holy symbols as holy symbols?

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
i've been busy

For Lover Vyres, does the Weakness involving Mirrors only specifically involve them looking at Mirrors, or any reflective surface?
Anything they can clearly see their reflection in.

No, but follow the soap operatic principle. I would like to clarify that the "turning through hate" thing only applies in instances where someone hates that Lover more strongly than any other emotional connection in their entire life.

Does Purify from respective divines with blood still count as holy water for things like mages?
I don't understand the question.

Are sires aware when a soft cure happens?
Yes, they can be.

What happens If a lover vyre wears darkthread?
They can wear it like anyone else.

What gets limited?
Nothing.

Do vyres drown any differently?
No, unless they're a Consumed Biter.

what happens to conditions where bodies die but could still host someone?
I don't understand the question.

A body fixed up through say, formistry?
This is not a complete sentence.

Can biters perceive symbols that are not actually holy symbols as holy symbols?
If it's a symbol (anything) of something holy (i.e. pertaining to one of the pantheon) it will trigger the effect. They need to know it's there for it to have an effect.

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
Can all vyres drink animal blood instead of human blood to postpone starvation