Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
The enthrall ability seems to concern me the most. Does it take one persons bloodline chain abilities away if used on one?

Weaknesses || At the sight of blood, they are driven into a ravenous, rapid flurry of erratic emotion and action. It is like they become possessed by their curse, and are driven to the point of suicidal insanity to feed on others.

Does this occur until the feral in question is sated or can it continue on in an endless flurry of constantly seeing blood?

Additonally, are vyres immediately aware of all the ways they can rank up through?

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Biters take on something of a grey pallor, subtle but noticeable. They seem more stout and sturdier than they were before.

is this meant to reflect that this type is stronger, and if so will this be reflected in the new rolls system?
Not stronger, more durable, and probably not enough to be that mechanically advantangeous. I don't think there's a "durability" check in the new system. If there is, yeah it probably denotes a minor advantage there.

Another thing about this one:
[Enthrall] The Vyre targets another of their kind, feeding on them and then allowing their target to feed on the user in turn. This may only be used on another Vyre. The Vyre using this ability must be of higher rank than the Vyre they are targetting (i.e. Consumed vs Enthralled, or Enthralled vs Fledgling). This ability converts the Vyre that is being targetted into the user's bloodline, making the target their progeny, and the user their sire. The target's old sire is no longer their sire for mechanical purposes.
That's a holdover from an older draft where Enthrall worked slightly differently, it should be moved to Enthralled yeah.

Second question:
For the chain effects for the Vyre bloodlines, is that still based on a Vyre per Vyre basis like the old system?
Or does it now count the whole chain? As in, if there is a chain of 6, everyone in that chain gets the effects of 3 and 6?
The latter.

Can a vyre that is a certain type (i.e: feral) transition into a different vyre type?
I remember now - Vyres can be infected into another type like a normal person. So a Noble can become a Biter, and a Biter can become a lover and so on.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
In the cult system, blessed sponsor non-blessed effectively making them tier 0 from my understanding. Could this mechanic be extended to allow nonblessed in cults to approach shrines they are affiliated through the cult with?
Yes, that would work.

The enthrall ability seems to concern me the most. Does it take one persons bloodline chain abilities away if used on one?
Yes.

Weaknesses || At the sight of blood, they are driven into a ravenous, rapid flurry of erratic emotion and action. It is like they become possessed by their curse, and are driven to the point of suicidal insanity to feed on others.

Does this occur until the feral in question is sated or can it continue on in an endless flurry of constantly seeing blood?
Ferals are a weird one, they were added mostly so that we could have I Am Legend type vampire hordes/creepy infested villages. They would probably still get wigged out at the sight of blood even if fed, yeah.

Additonally, are vyres immediately aware of all the ways they can rank up through?
1621004750837.png
(they can be)

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
another ive thought of

how much would- how much would a sunblessed WEIGH? because the average density of a person is around 985kg/m^3, but that goes up to 8150kg/m^3 for bronze. Are they like a hollowed out statue? or would they be FULLY bronze all the way through? how would this affect how weapons and large objects interact with their bodies? do they dent? can they have things welded onto them?

EDIT: What happens when sunblessed eat? Do they have a working digestive system, or does it just go right through? I'd assume they have no chemical digestion, so how would it work if they eat for fun? Same thing with drinking? Is it unpleasant?

Last edited:

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
with Vyre's returning in a new body after they 'die' I have two questions.

1: I assume they have a new voice, because voice comes from vocal cords and is apart of the body. Accents and manarisms however would not change, am I correct?
2: If a Vyre is sparked, since the sparking is linked to the body, do they lose their sparking?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
another ive thought of

how much would- how much would a sunblessed WEIGH? because the average density of a person is around 985kg/m^3, but that goes up to 8150kg/m^3 for bronze.
They would weigh about as much as a hollow bronze statue of themselves.
The bronze skin adds about 40 pounds. -Lannis

Are they like a hollowed out statue?
Yeah, their insides are basically ash. Keeping the weird magic ash ash hot is what keeps them going.
They're fleshy on the inside like a normal body. -Lannis

or would they be FULLY bronze all the way through?
Nah.

how would this affect how weapons and large objects interact with their bodies?
They'd be a lot more durable than normal people, yeah. The aim in fighting them would be to cut their bindings, not try to fight a bronze golem. If you've ever played Dwarf Fortress, you know how serious of an undertaking that can be.
The bronze skin gives them a DC 6 armor save. -Lannis

do they dent?
Yeah.

can they have things welded onto them?
It would hurt like a bitch, for one. For two, not really effectively. Imagine if you had plastic melted onto you. There's no place on your body where skin doesn't move as part of locomotion, and since these guys are weird magical bronze that articulates exactly like flesh, they wouldn't be able to move as effectively with something welded onto them as they would otherwise.

It's not like, a hard rule though. Maybe small bits could be welded on and that not affect their articulation. I'm sort of imagining big slabs of metal being welded on like extra armor, and that would fuck with their mobility too much to be practical. Little bits probably works fine.

EDIT: What happens when sunblessed eat?
They have no biological need for food. They physically can put something in their mouth, chew, and swallow, but from their perspective it would seem like it just goes away in there and doesn't really provide any satiation at all.

Do they have a working digestive system, or does it just go right through?
They poo copper oxide.
absolutely not canon -Lannis

I'd assume they have no chemical digestion, so how would it work if they eat for fun?
They don't digest at all, yeah.

Same thing with drinking?
Yes.

Is it unpleasant?
Not really, it's an entirely neutral experience. No sense of satisfaction, no desire to do it in the first place.

with Vyre's returning in a new body after they 'die' I have two questions.

1: I assume they have a new voice, because voice comes from vocal cords and is apart of the body. Accents and manarisms however would not change, am I correct?
Yes.

2: If a Vyre is sparked, since the sparking is linked to the body, do they lose their sparking?
No.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
How does consent work now, in regards to becoming a Vyre? Do people still have to OOCly be willing?

What about the Lovers Enthrall? Reading it, it doesn't seem that the person has to agree to become one, is that right?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
How does consent work now, in regards to becoming a Vyre? Do people still have to OOCly be willing?
It doesn't require consent for a player's character to be made into a Vyre, but I would consider "consider the other player's feelings before taking action" as a recommended guideline.

What about the Lovers Enthrall? Reading it, it doesn't seem that the person has to agree to become one, is that right?
Players don't need to consent to having the Enthrall ability used on their characters, but it would be sort of weird to have it forced on them since it's easily reversible.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
The feral fledgeling insanity. Does it progress up to the other tiers or is it only in fledgeling?

Also is it only pertained to mortal blood? Will purified evil god blood also work? What about animal/beast blood?

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Can a Lover's ability to mess with peoples feelings (Ego depletion and Besot/Besot II) create the emotional high needed to feed?

Second question, is their passive of surviving off others emotions too subtle to be noticed by the people around them?

Last question for now, when a Lover actually feeds it says that they have to be in the vicinity until the target calms down but does the vyre feeding actively calm them down since their feelings are being drained? Or would they have to wait until they naturally calm down on their own and then everything takes effect (The scenario in my head is like if someone is really angry or something and a Lover chooses to feed on them would the person start to slowly calm down even if normally they wouldn't yet? Or like if they stormed out before they calmed down naturally would a Lover have to go follow them)

Edit: Hopefully I worded these all in a way that's at least somewhat understandable

Last edited:

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
1621071013972.png

Does this scale up with each death, or are Vyres now completely immune to the whole "You die you wait out X amount of days?"
Do they still suffer from the Plagued, Maddened etc. stuff?

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
The feral fledgeling insanity. Does it progress up to the other tiers or is it only in fledgeling?
Yes.

Also is it only pertained to mortal blood?
All blood.

Will purified evil god blood also work?
All blood.

What about animal/beast blood?
All blood.

Can a Lover's ability to mess with peoples feelings (Ego depletion and Besot/Besot II) create the emotional high needed to feed?
No, but they may result in those characters taking actions that would, depending on that character acts after the spells are cast.

Second question, is their passive of surviving off others emotions too subtle to be noticed by the people around them?
Generally speaking, yes.

Last question for now, when a Lover actually feeds it says that they have to be in the vicinity until the target calms down but does the vyre feeding actively calm them down since their feelings are being drained?
Yes, they need to remain in the vicinity and remain looking at them until they have naturally calmed down. The feeding isn't doesn't calm them down, it just makes them feel emotionally drained post-feeding.

Or like if they stormed out before they calmed down naturally would a Lover have to go follow them)
Yes.

View attachment 121403

Does this scale up with each death, or are Vyres now completely immune to the whole "You die you wait out X amount of days?"
It does not scale up with each death.

Do they still suffer from the Plagued, Maddened etc. stuff?
I don't know what you mean. They can contract plagues, and they can go mad like anyone else. If these are referring to specific revival mechanics that I'm not familiar with - no, this is mechanically independent from other revival systems.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Is there a reason that Vyres now seem to suffer no consequences from death, aside from the obvious pain anyone would experience from it? It seems extremely strong to completely avoid the death system when it generally targets the soul of someone reviving

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Is there a reason that Vyres now seem to suffer no consequences from death, aside from the obvious pain anyone would experience from it? It seems extremely strong to completely avoid the death system when it generally targets the soul of someone reviving
Not staff answer, but a broad question to which I disagree with.

They do not suffer no consequence from death.

With the current revival system, all a person must do is post in a thread, potentially RP in an amazing waiting (room) cave-- and be revived with memory loss. The memory loss itself is chosen by the player to be, mostly, awkward or detrimental. There has been many times Lana has lost research because the source material (looking at you, Asero) has lost knowledge entirely of what they did. Strong, if RP'ed correctly. Not to mention the missing limb system.
A person comes back with their body, their mind, most memories-- and general awkwardness.

Before, Vyres were revived in a similar manner where they end up in the Sorrows as ferals briefly. The most deaths they take, the more dangerous this becomes. But in general, it was similar. No longer.

There is not "no consequence" to Vyre revival. They lose their original body (or second, or third) body forever. New bodies means new behaviour. New foods, due to changed tastebuds. New personality, like you are another version of Doctor Who, potentially. Or-- as the lore states-- they can revert entirely back to their original body, as normal revival does-- but with time. That waiting period takes much longer than a usual revival. It would, like normal revival, be awkward.

That, to me, is not a "no consquence" situation. Sorry, friend. I do disagree with that question entirely.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Okay, after a brief talk with Mongoose on Discord, we came to a shared question which is what I think we meant:

The removal of timer in Vyre revival is unfair. With each Vyre revival, a new corpse should be transferred the soul later and later, at the same timing as that of normal revivals. Why is this not the case?
Most 'bad guy' characters are Vyres. As such, this makes it easier and quicker for them to revive to cause more mischief with a new face. Is it possible for Vyre revival to be given the same restriction of time between revivals as normal revivals?

This is our shared thoughts after talking :)

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Okay, after a brief talk with Mongoose on Discord, we came to a shared question which is what I think we meant:

The removal of timer in Vyre revival is unfair. With each Vyre revival, a new corpse should be transferred the soul later and later, at the same timing as that of normal revivals. Why is this not the case?
Most 'bad guy' characters are Vyres. As such, this makes it easier and quicker for them to revive to cause more mischief with a new face. Is it possible for Vyre revival to be given the same restriction of time between revivals as normal revivals?

This is our shared thoughts after talking :)
Counter argument. Playing evil characters is exceptionally harder than good characters. Evil characters should have more than just the freedom to do what makes them evil. Just my thought per thie particular topic. Revival time reduction is a very insignificant for that. While good characters can still enjoy the smae benefits as a vyre.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
3. The members of the chain make no sound as they move, no matter their speed or terrain.

does this apply to clothing and stuff they have on them

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
On revival timers: it's a different system from the standard revival process, operating under different rules and different in character mechanics.

3. The members of the chain make no sound as they move, no matter their speed or terrain.

does this apply to clothing and stuff they have on them
No, the things they have on their person (i.e. the rattle of chain, the scrape of armor plates) would still make sound. They'd be overall more quiet than a normal person, but not silent.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
On revival timers: it's a different system from the standard revival process, operating under different rules and different in character mechanics.
Ahhhh, I see. Are there parts of the update that only the Vyres are going to have access/knowledge both OOC and IC?