Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WD_Dom20's Application [Accepted - Jase]

WD_Dom20

Legend of Altera
WD_Dom20
WD_Dom20
1. What is your Minecraft username?

WD_Dom71

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?

United States, Eastern Standard Time

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming and powergaming is when a person, in character, tries to affect another player's character in a way that is overpowered or forceful, such as forcing another player's character into death or giving your own character powers or abilities which they did not earn.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, mods such as this can give the player an unfair advantage in vanilla Minecraft.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?

Hi, I am Dom! I love all things fantasy and magical, especially Disney, Harry Potter, and the TV Show Once Upon a Time. I love musical theatre, especially musicals with a more fantastical setting, such as Wicked or Frozen. I am also a huge Marvel fan and my favorite character is Wanda Maximoff. I love the magical side of the Scarlet Witch and the chaotic nature of her powers. Finally, I love to roleplay, both in and out of Minecraft. I used to be a part of another Minecraft Roleplay server, but it recently shut down, so I have been looking for a new "home" ever since!

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I was not referred to the server by anyone. I came across the server while searching for a new medieval fantasy Minecraft RP server after my last one became less and less popular. This server came highly recommended by all of the sources I found and cannot wait for some more roleplay!

Character Name:

Luna Moon

Character Age:

Character Race:

Human

Appearance:

Luna stands 5 feet, 7 inches tall. She has blue eyes, fair skin, and wears a crescent-moon shaped pendant around her neck. Luna is most often seen wearing a navy blue tunic with laces around the back and a fur trim around the holes of the sleeves. She also wears black leather pants and shoes made from animal skins. Luna appears to be a regular human, apart from her rather unique hair. Luna has lush, flowing hair that begins deep purple at the roots, but forms a gradient to sky blue tips.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Sorry, I'm still working on my skin!

Written Test!

Luna was born to a simple peasant family in Altera. She was born on the third of Truebirth in the Year of Design, 2287. Her parents were simple farmers named Marina and Thomas. When Luna was only three years of age, in the Year of Plague her mother fell ill and died. Following the loss of his wife, Luna’s father moved to drinking and became a drunken, abusive father. When Luna was 16, her father died after a drinking-related accident. Luna abandoned her parents' farm in hopes of finding a better life than the pain she left behind.

Luna explored the brilliant and beautiful realm of Altera. She discovered the many different races and cultures that awaited outside the confines of her family’s farm. She learned of history and battles that had been fought in her realm. Luna learned that there was so much more to life than her parents had shared. Luna knew of different races, cultures, and magic, but not to the extent of which she had discovered in her travels around Altera. After a year of sightseeing and exploration, Luna learned of a secret. A secret her parents had taken to their graves. One she was meant to learn and prepare for, but was not able to following the deaths of her parents..

The crescent-moon shaped pendant Luna had been given at birth had been created by the Immortal Kings and passed down through generations until one day it was lost and later discovered by Luna’s great-great-grandmother. The family heirloom that Luna possessed now held greater secrets than she ever imagined. It was a source of great evil and great power. The tiny, silver moon which Luna had seen as her good-luck charm was actually a tool of destruction. Luna didn’t understand what was this meant or how it could affect her. Luna set off on a quest to discover the secrets of the crescent-moon pendant, a quest which would lead her to leaving Altera. A quest which she hoped would explain the great evil and great power which she was told her locket had possessed. A quest which she wondered if it was related to her unnatural hair. A quest which she wished would lead to friendships and love. Now, 4 years later, Luna is returning to Altera. She had gained nothing for her travels outside the realm. She had found nothing on the secrets of the pendant. She had been told it was all a lie, ut she could not accept it. Luna is returning to Altera defeated, distraught, and in desperate need of a friend who can point her in the direction of a new adventure. One that does not involve the “great evil” of a silly necklace given to her as an infant.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey WD_Dom20,
Thanks for your application to Hollowworld! I really enjoyed reading what you wrote, although I have a few comments and questions that you will need to address before I can whitelist you.
  • Your definitions for powergaming and metagaming should be separate. Currently, it appears you have only written out the powergaming definition!
  • Human characters should not have hair that is deep purple at the roots, before fading into sky blue tips. Unfortunately, traits like this, while they can exist in-game, are not something that can be given to a fresh new character, and instead must be given to Luna in-game through roleplay. As an example- my character Iqya'mut has a lizard's tongue in place of her human one 3'' long! This was given to her by the God of Chaos Jishrim.
  • I don't think we can approve of a pendant that had been created by the immortal kings - however, I don't think anyone would mind if this was a lie told to her by her parents etc, and that poor Luna only believed the pendant was so. It should be a mundane, non-magical item, so nothing magical.
Let me know what you think, and then we can progress from there :)

WD_Dom20

Legend of Altera
WD_Dom20
WD_Dom20
Thanks for the quick response and critiques!
- Metagaming: when a player's character knows information that is not given to them through the story of the game, and thus gives them an unfair advantage in the roleplay. Sorry, I believed metagaming and powergaming were synonymous, but I understand the differences now!
- Luna's hair color I can change to blond and make it colored over the course of her story on the server.
- The pendant I intended to be a lie told to her by her parents, so it is not actually magical. Sorry that I did not make that clear in her backstory.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Works for me then :)
Just make sure that hair stays blond until you can change it IC. Will probably require you to convince a mage to turn your hair blue for you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.