Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

What Song Do You Have On Repeat?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Most of the song is pretty easy to understand; The monster comes along to the girl's home aiming to consume her life force, but she isn't having any of it. She stops them and convinces them to try to eat some regular food with her. Over time they become close; Close enough to consider each other family. From the girl's claims of being a "mad scientist" and that the monster is "[her] only retort" it's likely she's a loner without any real family or friends before this monster came along.

But what gets me the most is the imagery I get from the last chorus. From the picture we know they were sitting down for dinner as usual when this figure, likely from the government, comes in and shoots the monster, killing them. The lyrics say their head BURSTS, which means blood and pieces of flesh would splatter everywhere; On the table, the walls, the food, and the girl herself who's sitting right across from them.

As if that wasn't enough, the girl then proceeds to collect all the pieces and slowly puts the monster back together piece by piece and replacing what couldn't be salvaged. From the lyrics we can tell that deep down she knows that her friend is gone and never coming back, but she is unable to cope with this and seems to begin to delude herself. She continues to list off foods for them to eat and states that she's still seeking for their "RTRT/Retort"

From these pieces of information it seems likely that the girl took the monster's reconstructed dead body and continued to sit them at the table, serving food every night and speaking to them as if they were still alive waiting for them to actually reply. Pretty sad and dark :(

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
this whole god damn album it's so good

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lore Staff
Lover
Hero
Staff
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover

current arc is listening to this to hype myself up for the office.
i consider myself a connoisseur of clown music but LMFAOOOOO THIS ROCKS

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
My favorite band are hinting at a reunion

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
I-I-I got this feeling, yeah, you know
Where I'm losing all control
'Cause there's magic in my bones
I-I-I got this feeling in my soul
Go ahead and throw your stones

'Cause there's magic in my bones

Ever since the new song dropped I just can't get it out either my head nor my spotify playlist. Pretend Lizard is such a great band.