Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application [Approved - ToastySpam]

MissAllegra

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Miss_Allegra
2. How old are you?
20, not far off 21

3. What country are you from?
Australia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
metagaming is to use information that your character couldn't possibly know to tip a situation in their favour, for example, mary and sue discuss in pm some character drama between Sue and Joel, but Mary's character has no idea about this drama, but Mary then turns around and has her character reference it to Sue's character, completely throwing of the scene and ruining the tension between the characters
powergaming is basically mary-sueing your way through the roleplay you may a well paint a great big 'NOOB' sign on your face, by having your character automatically achieve goals, land attacks or dodge damage flawlessly, by making your character untouchable or near perfect makes them boring and unpleasant to play with

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
absolutely not
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Arcana
8. Tell us about yourself!
My legal name is Jordan, but since beginning University two years ago I have all but abandoned that name in favour of my middle name, Allegra. as mentioned, I have been in university here in Melbourne for two years, and have just begun my third and final year, studying creative arts and majoring in Creative writing. i have loved writing since i was old enough to hold a pencil, according to the story my mother loves to tell, I was so keen on my storybooks that I demanded she teach me to write the alphabet at a year and a half old and could write my name clearly in kindergarten, and being the ambitious little brat I was, I tried to copy out my storybooks, it didn't go well. these days I like to think I'm just as ambitious if a little more skilled, I mostly write fantasy, borrowing elements from mythology the world over and a style from Austinian fiction. I've held a few ambitions through my life aside from writing, but the only other one that stuck was to move to Japan and teach English once I finish uni, and am well on my way to such a plan

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
prepare for an onslaught of server fanart once i get going on here...

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
nope, just googling away

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Alsheira Lowe

Character Age:
Character Race:
she is but a simple human

Appearance:
Alsheira is a petite, slim woman with just enough muscle to suggest a working like, she has long gold-blonde hair that she keeps pinned back from her face, she has large brown eyes and soft, feminine features, she wears cotton or wool dresses down to her ankles and a leather corset-vest

Written Test!
(first chapter of Sea of Stars, my current project, word count 755)
A Nebula, boundlessly swirling with energy, infinitely huge and shining, a mystery that even the keenest eye of their kind had yet to decipher why it hung so tauntingly above the sea. It seemed like such a grand thing to name a child after, perhaps that the parents had hoped their daughter would have the same boundlessly swirling energy and limitless potential, and perhaps had she been someone other than herself, Nebula could have been what her parents hoped. Such is the way of the universe though, very rarely can anyone predict who someone will be, even themself, and instead of swirling energy and mystery, she would more aptly compare herself to the vast and spiraling black void between two stars, dull in herself and often overlooked, unless a backdrop to make the stars themselves glow brighter in comparison, and however useful and unselfish a purpose that could have been considered, she found it perfectly unpleasant, and at times, downright rotten.
Nebula sighed and swam a little faster, her brothers chattering happily behind her, their sweet voices like sea foam on waves, soaking in the warm sun that pierced the water so gently, so perfectly, trading the shells and baubles that decorated their tails between them, she scoffed as Marlowe, the younger of the two, cooed loudly over particularly shiny pink shell, for reasons she could not fathom, the pink shells were popular this season, Neb detested the idea, her tail was a dreadfully plain, unattractive shade of orange that stood out jarringly against the mellow silvery blue of their cove, Caspian- the elder brother- told her regularly, always tugging on her dusty looking scales and fanning out her fin to look at it, he probably knew her tail as well as she did “It’s such an ugly thing,” he would comment every time, eyes twinkling like pearls as he ran his slender fingers over the almost sheer, round fin “such an awful shape, it doesn’t suit you, it doesn’t suit the ocean at all” it was the same comment every time, but he never took it further like Marlowe had. Neb groaned remembering the day he had overheard Caspian’s comment and laughed along, adding it “No wonder you swim so slowly, if I had a tail like that, I’d beach myself out of shame!” of course he had immediately been scolded for saying such things and come later to her bedroom, apologised for his words, but she’d brushed him off, her tail was ugly, so why pretend otherwise?
Another loud cry from her brothers grated against her ears and she cringed, remembering where she was and twisting to look at them before swimming lower, where she could find a faster current to carry her away, leaving their irritated trills behind in a stream of bubbles, soon enough they’d go back to their trinkets, probably forgetting she’d been swimming with them in the first place, she drifted for a while out near the edge of the cove where the reefs were taller and she could sometimes feel the cold of the wider sea seeping through from the other side, clouds slowly obscuring the sun above, making the water murky. She liked it better this way since she could never see what was ahead or behind, like the whole ocean suddenly vanished just for her. As she approached, pressing herself close to the smooth rocks, peeking around. If anyone in the manor knew she ventured this far out, it would all be over, her mother would skin her probably, and her poor maid might just have a heart attack. Ula never understood why everyone was so afraid to even speak of this place, there was nothing out here, it was silent and she was alone. The only sound for miles was the faint swish of her tail against the water as she ducked into a tiny alcove and felt in the dark for her treasure. After a long moment her slender fingers found the battered old music box, the saltwater was starting to ruin it’s delicate gears and some days she couldn’t even make it play anymore, by all standards it was useless, it had been broken when she found it lying in the shallows, simply a trinket from the surface, but watching the little figure spin soundlessly on her one little leg, even when it stuttered and jammed at times, was her favourite part of the day. Gently she turned the delicate key and laughed in delight as the hollow, tinny notes spilled out slowly.

Current Setting of the Server: cool!>

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Attachments

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an application!

Unfortunately I cannot accept this one in its current state.

• Your written test should feature the character you are going to play and be set in Altera. This is so we can check that you have a basic understanding of the lore and how your character will fit into the world.
If you can fix that for me I'd be happy to take a look at your revised application!

MissAllegra

Villager
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an application!

Unfortunately I cannot accept this one in its current state.

• Your written test should feature the character you are going to play and be set in Altera. This is so we can check that you have a basic understanding of the lore and how your character will fit into the world.
If you can fix that for me I'd be happy to take a look at your revised application!
ah, didn't realise that was what I was supposed to do, I'll sit down and write something for her once i get some time, thought you just wanted proof that we were literate

MissAllegra

Villager
Written Test:
Lowe brought Low
It is an old story now, not often told but to be whispered around a traveller's fire under a waxing moon, divided between those who speak it as a fairytale and those who cling to the half-remembered history. The Lowe family never set out to be great, nor did the thought cross Tom or Sabia's minds to rule over anyone, Sabia was raised a farmer and trained to be a housewife, her intentions were only ever to take care of those around her and provide any and all support she could, Tom was a Sangrian 'trader' who lived only for the seas, he'd cry of the adventure in his blood, screaming to be lived, though his health grew fragile in the more tepid months and he was often confined to local ports. this was how tom and Sabia met, many generations ago, and in his fevered haze, seeing her caring for him, the man vowed to take her for his wife, and in the end that meant taking her by force, Sabia was confined to the inner cabin of his ship and torn from her home.

At first, for months on end, Sabia would fight the crew, lashing out at anyone who came near her, even poisoning the ship's water supply, in the end, surrendering at the threat of her body being given to the sailors,she became passive, though not compliant, and learned to tolerate Tom. he kept her confined to the ship for years, shutting her in their cabin when at port, until she could no longer the feeling of sand between her toes or the sound or sight of any creature but sea birds and the ship's cat. she finally agreed to marry him, if he would let her live on land, and he conceded. Sabia thought she might finally go home, but Tom was not such a fool, he set his ship down in the Sorrow and built her a home.

though miserable with her husband's manipulation and deception, Sabia was a stubborn girl and carved out her life, she coaxed crops to grow and tamed a wolf she found in her garden to protect her. as time went on, Tom would stay away on his ship, only returning to her when it suited him, she bore him three children and they took her name, Lowe.

by the time the eldest daughter Jianna, had grown to maturity, so had their homestead, it flourished atop a hill, guarded by Sabia's wolves, and travellers who found themselves unprepared or unfit for the Sorrows found their way to mother and daughter for care, a few staying on to help tend the land and forget the outside world.
Jianna married one such traveller at the end of her mother's days, knowing little of her father who simply stopped returning.

Jiana, with the aid of her siblings and husband, maintained their home as it flourished into a small village, and then a small town, a falsified sense of security holding them, but the sorrows are lawless and a peaceful place is a beacon to degenerates, the town, while beloved, and known to many who passed through to train, was not to last.

The name of the town and the people who perished that night are lost now, save for the one survivor, Jianna's youngest brother, only ten years at the time, lived on, his bloodline survives to this day, his Great Great Great Granddaughter Alsheira lives the life Sabia could not, tucked away in the world, living her life simply in herself, with nothing exceptional to her name except a story that she reads in an old journal. she has considered moving to the Sorrows herself, see where her family made their name, and where it was lost, but she is a domestic girl and has not found anyone who might help her, or even teach her to help herself

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
CONGRATULATIONS!

Hey! I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera, and I apologise for the wait - it took longer than it should have for me to complete the process.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game; there is no need to read all the links straight away. Go ahead and get started! +

Survival Guide
Read this to help when you login!

The King's Law
Server rules.

Roleplay
A guide to the basics of roleplay formatting.

The Official Lore & The Lore Book
If you need information on the world, this is the place to look.

In-Game Character Cards
So you don't have to describe your character every time you meet someone new.

Donate to the Server!
Do this to help keep us going - as well as earn some nifty rewards.

STARFALL
The current campaign is on its way. Look out for updates here.

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team will not hesitate to deal with reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will bebanned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+