Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application: Flobin_ [Declined - Cymic/Jase]

Flobin

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Flobin_

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conduct, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is basically cheating in information for roleplay. For example using OOC information ICly even though your character would have no logical way of knowing. Powergaming is pretty much God-Mode. Ex: Immune to everything, never loses, never dies, has no weaknesses, always perfect. Dodges, parries and blocks every move in a battle.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nada

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Ayda

8 Tell us about yourself
My name is Rowan, I have been doing minecraft roleplaying for 5 years, spanning from Uthrandir, Vivere, Myaeron, Massivecraft, Odrea Roleplay

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found you guys looking for MCRP servers.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Jolek
Pronounced in Elven: Yolek
Pronounced in Common: Jo·lek
Jolek Cydris:

Jolek Cydris is a non-traditional moor elf. He was raised above the ground in a swamp shantytown called Skralos. It was fronted by Dwarven elite, of whom enslaved an entire flock of Dark elf migrates and forced them into a labour class system of which to mine, refine and export tar, for lubrication, preservative and fuelling reasons. Skralos also had an underground trading system in which gangs of Dark elves would move things outside the watch of their dwarven usurpers. Jolek left at a young age from Skralos, making a name for himself throughout the land. A non-traditional Drow is one that doesn’t live underground or counts himself associated into the drow hierarchy.

Character Age:
Fourty Nine

Character Race:
Moor Elf

Appearance:

Jolek is quite the refined Moor elf. He stands at 6'2" and weighs roughly 180lbs (82kg). He has sharp features from his lemon-shaped Eyes to his heavy jaw. He has crisp white hair, always kept moderately short. His arms almost hang below his knees, giving him a wingspan of over six feet itself. His palms are wide, his fingers in comparison look flat, thin and bumpy. He has small pursed lips and a long Roman nose. Jolek, unlike many other Elves, can grow facial hair, although it comes out white and stubbly and isn't the most pleasing to the eye. He's pretty noticeable within a crowd because of his Lavender skin and height.

IT'S JUST BEEN REVOKED

Written Test!

Jolek’s words to his ship captain had referred to the removal of his boxes and other effects from his lodgings on Leaking Star. The work was not heavy, but it had much been hindered on account of the frequent pauses necessitated by the exclamations of surprise of each and every event he carried upon the ship. Of which the good captain had brushed off himself, but the sailors of the ship more joked about on account of Jolek’s inexperience on a marine vessel.

At the last moment of leaving the port, Jolek had been detained by the important customers, whom, even in the exceptional circumstances, he was not the man to neglect. Especially curious ones wondering about strange goods from abroad. Moreover, there was a convenience in some of the shipmates, arriving at the designated INN. Nobody there knew as of yet his idiosyncratic accommodations. Having a room nearest to an exit or stairwell. Which had an extra set of lamps brought into it, all paid for so he could conduct his work in this room. He had, therefore, sent a letter of his specific lodgings, in a hired Brougham; whilst he went across the country to a certain group of wheat and barley ricks he was told of a few miles off, telling of the hour at which he might be expected the same evening. This accounted for this horse and buggy trotting out to meet him after their separation of more than four hours. By a strenuous effort, after leaving Mockingbay, and then coming back from an educational conversation about the fermentation of barley and other grains. He had made it back to the INN for supper. After finishing off a supplementary amount of stew, rabbits leg, and bread - just as he had finished he looked up from the table to see the burly Innkeep walking over him to stop at his table with a flat expression.

“I already paid” Jolek concluded assumingly.

The Innkeep shook his head. Holding out a letter to him, stamped with a brown wax seal impacted with an embroidered ‘C’ on it. Jolek looked up to him. Surprised at first, but relieved his face of this short emotion realizing this man was just passing along the letter to the rightful recipient.

“I see. Do you know who handed this to you?” he inquires.

“Ahh, he didn’t say a word ‘bout his business. Just told me who ye were. Handed me off your accommodation letter uh’swell. Was wearin’ a hat.
“Had a beard ‘n’ specs. Here’s yer key.”

Jolek takes the letter and key thanking the man; placing the key on the table. After the Innkeeper turned to leave, he split open the sealed letter, pulling out the parchment.

Reading:

Dear Sir,

Pleasant regards on you reaching the continent!
I expect thoust inform me of your strides in progress as you operate within the deeply uncharted. I reiterate, if you extend yourself fervently, let your own history become your downfall. You are not protected. The gain here is your establishment. This right of passage was not earned by you alone. And you are to update me weekly unless specified by me. Or unless your work disposes you of such. You are to create a

IMPORTANT:
One of our agents amid many Sable’s intercepted information of a dancer entering the continent. We are unsure if you are compromised, but we are to believe your cover is still ambiguous at best. Establish contact with this woman. We are attentive to the Sable’s involvement here. Perhaps a new sapling of the family is being accessorized to these parts. It would be conducive if you inform us of who she is immediately so we can do an investigation on our side.

Legion is Liberty
Emry Copperfield

Jolek promptly stands, grabbing the key, folding up the letter and slipping it into the inside of his coat. Taking his saddlebags over his shoulder. He takes the plate up to the bar table of the INN, leaving it there.

“Thanks again,” He says, nodding as he heads to his room, settling in for the night. All his belongings sit nicely around the room.

“Pays to have it your way.” He says with a grin.

Jolek burns the letter the next chance he gets.

Last edited:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
With applications, errors commonly occur so do not feel picked on. Here is a list of things to look for when correcting your app as there are quite a few that do not fit our lore. On the brightside, it's a nearly completed app, and you nailed the metagaming and powergaming definitions.

+" above ground in a swamp shanty town called Skralos. It was fronted by Dwarven elite, of whom enslaved an entire flock of Dark elf migrates and forced them into a labour class system of which to mine, refine and export tar, for lubrication, preservative and fuelling reasons. Skralos also had an underground trading system in which gangs of Dark elves would move things outside the watch of their dwarven usurpers. Jolek left at a young age from Skralos, making a name for himself throughout the land. A non-traditional Drow is one that doesn’t live underground or counts himself associated into the drow hierarchy."

We generally do not allow large group antagonists within backstories. If you can find another way to say, perhaps Skralos was an underground Moor city and he doesn't live by Moor standards. (Here, we call drow, Moors.)

+Multicolored eyes

Whilst we are aware of heterochromia, we generally do not allow multi-colored eyes. You may see this in-map, but these exceptions are due to divine or magic intervention, which must happen on-map. Moors generally have lavender/purple eyes but check the thread on the Moor race for more options. Also, i'm sure you realize guns are not allowed on Hollowworld, but i assume that was just a joke.

+Backstory

If that large antagonistic group is tied to your backstory, please change it up. But your writing style seems to fit our server's standards. Just make adjustments or correct me if i am wrong.

+ Overall +
Just give our lore another look-over and correct what i've laid out as the general issues for your application and i will whitelist you ASAP. Thank you for applying for hollowworld, and i look forward to seeing you in-game once this process is finished~​

Flobin

Lord of Altera
With applications, errors commonly occur so do not feel picked on. Here is a list of things to look for when correcting your app as there are quite a few that do not fit our lore. On the brightside, it's a nearly completed app, and you nailed the metagaming and powergaming definitions.

+" above ground in a swamp shanty town called Skralos. It was fronted by Dwarven elite, of whom enslaved an entire flock of Dark elf migrates and forced them into a labour class system of which to mine, refine and export tar, for lubrication, preservative and fuelling reasons. Skralos also had an underground trading system in which gangs of Dark elves would move things outside the watch of their dwarven usurpers. Jolek left at a young age from Skralos, making a name for himself throughout the land. A non-traditional Drow is one that doesn’t live underground or counts himself associated into the drow hierarchy."

We generally do not allow large group antagonists within backstories. If you can find another way to say, perhaps Skralos was an underground Moor city and he doesn't live by Moor standards. (Here, we call drow, Moors.)

+Multicolored eyes

Whilst we are aware of heterochromia, we generally do not allow multi-colored eyes. You may see this in-map, but these exceptions are due to divine or magic intervention, which must happen on-map. Moors generally have lavender/purple eyes but check the thread on the Moor race for more options. Also, i'm sure you realize guns are not allowed on Hollowworld, but i assume that was just a joke.

+Backstory

If that large antagonistic group is tied to your backstory, please change it up. But your writing style seems to fit our server's standards. Just make adjustments or correct me if i am wrong.

+ Overall +
Just give our lore another look-over and correct what i've laid out as the general issues for your application and i will whitelist you ASAP. Thank you for applying for hollowworld, and i look forward to seeing you in-game once this process is finished~​
I'm well aware of the multicoloured eyes and the fact they are called Moor Elves. For the sake of my writing style, I decided not to use it and said Drow instead... I'll give that a quick change. As well, the gun was a joke.

In-game I will use all the given lore and vocabulary that is applicable. As well. It is just the skin that has multicoloured eyes. I'll change those. I've been roleplaying for 5 years. And I've read about all your races, the timelock, science and technology as well as religion. I was just showcasing the skin... I'll change the picture if needed.

The dwarven elite only ties to his early childhood. Most of his experiences were created after he fled Skralos. Also. May I ask why large group antagonists aren't allowed? I can see the reason being that it's silly the character takes on an entire group. But he didn't. He fled from slavery.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'm well aware of the multicoloured eyes and the fact they are called Moor Elves. For the sake of my writing style, I decided not to use it and said Drow instead... I'll give that a quick change. As well, the gun was a joke.

In-game I will use all the given lore and vocabulary that is applicable. As well. It is just the skin that has multicoloured eyes. I'll change those. I've been roleplaying for 5 years. And I've read about all your races, the timelock, science and technology as well as religion. I was just showcasing the skin... I'll change the picture if needed.

The dwarven elite only ties to his early childhood. Most of his experiences were created after he fled Skralos. Also. May I ask why large group antagonists aren't allowed? I can see the reason being that it's silly the character takes on an entire group. But he didn't. He fled from slavery.
Large group antagonists is an overused trope written into many in backstories and it has kind of become a cliche that is hard to justify why they aren't around in game. The written test is there not only to tell us a story, or prove your writing ability. It is utilized to develop the character and their personality. I can see why you may feel frustrated at this, but be understanding as to why we generally flag that when whitelisting. It is a tedious process for both the applicant and the whitelister, and it may seem to boil down to semantics at times. If you can explain that the dwarven group is not well known, and not extensive- Give me a reason as to justify why they aren't around- and i will make an exception for you. As i said before, i think your writing style is on point with what we expect, which is 90% of what we look for. Do keep in mind we also take into account the temperament of players.

And you don't have to worry a bit about changing the picture, only the skin, is all.