Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application [Accepted - Jase]

colminer0827

Villager
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username: colminer0827

Country & Timezone: USA / EST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming- Using knowledge not present in the rp to your advantage. Powergaming- Using rp that specifically helps your character unfairly.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Hello, my name is Colby and I've been playing Minecraft for many years. I am the brother of Redstone2020 and like him am a college student looking for something fun to do with downtime. I played the saxophone throughout middle and high school but stopped in college. My schedule is very busy, but I will try my best to be on regularly. I have a massive love for strategy games and as such look forward to getting into the ruling roleplay on the server.

Referral: Redstone2020

{Character Section}
Character Name: Titus

Race: Human / Anhalder

Appearance: Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Blue Skin Color: White Face: Young but rough looking Body type: Muscular Clothes: A gambeson bearing the colors of whoever he serves, or if nobody then of his own house. As well as plate armor for his shoulders and shins.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words): Titus was born to a family that had been imbedded in the Anhalder military for generations. His father was an officer of much importance, and therefore was always on the move. Growing up, Titus never stayed in one place for too long. He and his family simply followed the army wherever it was needed. During his formative years he was taught how to use a sword and shield, just like so many other children, and was taught by a teacher the army hired to teach all of the children and uneducated adults in their retinue. He wasn’t very studious in most of the core studies but when it came to tales of old powerful leaders and generals he was practically on the edge of his seat. He was mesmerized by the tales of generals leading their men valiantly into battle against a foe in defense of the common people. Just about every day he would go home after class and tell his dad of the stories he had heard that day and how someday he would be Emperor and rule all of Anhald. His father just laughed, knowing that he was the same way when he was just a boy. But some years later, now 19, Titus was still saying the same thing, that he would one day rule. By this time, he had proved himself capable and commanded a small group of men at arms. He always fought with them at the front, making a name for himself and gaining more and more influence with his peers. He also continued to rise through the ranks, being given command of more men. Eventually he had a sizable chunk of veterans under his command and enough support from the local lords to act on his childhood ambition. He picked a city with which he had the most draw and declared himself the rightful Emperor, pulling on his family’s generations of service as a viable claim. He gained some support from neighboring city’s and even convinced some of the local peasants to join his army. But that was it, no major players in the Emperor’s court came to join him and when a contingent of the royal army finally showed up to stop him, there was no mercy. The walls of his host city, his capitol in his mind, were destroyed by a hail of earth and flame, and when they breached the walls there was no mercy for his companions. They were either slaughtered in the initial fighting, sentenced to death, or sold into slavery. Titus was able to escape with his life due to his father’s influence and the fear that if they killed his son he too would rebel. But he was quickly disowned from the family as to protect the family name. Now, Titus is back to square one but still holds onto his originally goal, absolute power. He will sit on the throne one day, either by the pen or by the sword, to him it matters not.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey colminer0827,

Thanks for your application, however, there are a few things that I am going to need you to take another look at before I can whitelist you:
- Your power-gaming definition is close, but not quite right. You can find the server definition in the Player Guide.​
- Your backstory for Titus is a little bit too grand. Unfortunately, it doesn't really work when someone claims they are an ex-emperor in backstory unless they were actually that within the world through roleplay. No one would have heard of your empire, or heard of Titus either. You should really try to have your character start with little- no backstory fame and glory, no backstory mastery of skills, etc. It's fine if Titus was a mayor of a town, which he tried to protect with his family- which was then later destroyed, but you really shouldn't have Titus as an emperor. Please ensure his skills at fighting are also mediocre - and please note- that Titus shouldn't start in the world with any plate armor beyond the poorest of quality.​

colminer0827

Villager
{Updated Sections}

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?:
Metagaming- Using knowledge not present in the RP to your advantage. Powergaming- RPing in such a way that you cannot lose and must always be center stage.

Appearance: Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Blue Skin Color: White Face: Young but rough looking Body type: Muscular Clothes: He wears a gambeson that shows the colors of his family house with plain pants and boots.

Written Test (Min: 400 words): Titus was born to a family that had been imbedded in the Anhalder military for generations. His father was an officer of much importance, and therefore was always on the move. Growing up, Titus never stayed in one place for too long. He and his family simply followed the army wherever it was needed. During his formative years he was taught the basics of how to use a sword and shield, just like so many other children, and was taught by a teacher the army hired to teach all of the children and uneducated adults in their retinue. He wasn’t very studious in most of the core studies but when it came to tales of old powerful leaders and generals he was practically on the edge of his seat. He was mesmerized by the tales of generals leading their men valiantly into battle against a foe in defense of the common people. Just about every day he would go home after class and tell his dad of the stories he had heard that day and how someday he would be Emperor and rule all of Anhald. His father just laughed, knowing that he was the same way when he was just a boy. But some years later, now 19, Titus was still saying the same thing, that he would one day rule. Eventually he grew tired of the constant moving and fighting, and there arose a need for his father to retire and spend the rest of his days peacefully. So Titus and his family petitioned the Emperor and were given rule over a village on the border to govern. He became accustomed to magisterial duties and learned the basics of what it took to manage a small settlement. But despite the family’s best effort to leave fighting in the past, the border and the towns along it were a constant target for raids and enemy conquest. In only a short few years war was once again declared and Titus’s small village was one of the first targets. They attempted to defend themselves but with no walls or army of their own they didn’t stand a chance. Most of the locals were slaughtered and his family was taken captive to be ransomed. He, however, was able to escape due to his local knowledge of the land. Now, Titus has outgrown his little village and holds onto his originally goal, absolute power. He will sit on the throne one day, either by the pen or by the sword, to him it matters not.

Note: In the original backstory the intent was not to make Titus an emperor, the idea was that he claimed to be one in his youth, fired up by old folk tales. But then was quickly put down when the real powers at hand showed up. That being said I understand how it easily could have looked a different way. Thank you for your help.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.