Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application - PhilipeBoy [Accepted - Jase]

PhilBruno

Lord of Altera
Evil
PhilBruno
PhilBruno
Evil
About Me!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
PhilipeBoy

2. How old are you?
I am an 18 year old from 2001.

3. What country are you from?
Portugal! But I can speak English fluently and I'm not terrible at writing, but I'm not great either.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes. Otherwise I would have the application instantly refused I suppose lmao.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Well.
Metagaming is the usage of information that was found Out of Character and used In-Character. Simple as that.
Powergaming is pretty much carrying an action that is either unfair, lore-breaking or "Godly", like giving your own characters powers they shouldn't have or forcing an action on another player, more often used during fight sequences.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. They are not allowed.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (same one I said the first time I applied here I believe).

8. Tell us about yourself!
There's not a whole lot to know about me. My name is Bruno, but I prefer my second name Filipe or Philip as English speakers would say it, I am 18 years old as I've said before. I'm not a very quirky person, I don't have a lot of stuff that really makes me stand out aside from my "hobby" / dream job that I'm currently pursuing, which is the become a Firefighter. Right now I am just a Volunteer, which means I get no payment from doing the job besides y'know, the rush of helping people that might need help. But don't let that fool you, I don't consider myself to be a very good person for many reasons and mistakes I've made in life, those of which I'd rather keep to myself. I've been living in Portugal for pretty much all of my life and only left the country once when I went to Switzerland to visit CERN! Before I began my work as a Firefighter, I used to play roller hockey (not Ice Hockey), but as years passed my passion for it slowly burned itself away due to the constant stress it put on my shoulders, but hey at least now I have great metabolism and a great MUSCLE MUSCLE BODY BABY! Sorry I got a bit excited there. Another
hobby I've recently started was a D&D Campaign, so during Sundays my activity might not be as regular as usual, so I apologize for that in advance. I take classes at night from 7pm to 11pm, so my schedule is pretty tight as you can see (that was a joke if ya didn't get it wink wink).
But yeah, that's pretty much most about me, I can't tell everything or else it wouldn't be that fun to try and become friends with me, now would it?

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm not an artist or a writer. In the D&D Campaign I'm just a player, though I am planning to get into DMing someday once I have some more free time!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Actually, no one referred the server to me. I already knew it existed and I've been hungry for this kind of roleplay in a minecraft server for quite a long while actually! So I googled minecraft fantasy roleplay servers and you popped up under some other considerably bigger but more toxic servers that I will not mention.

About My Character!

Character Name:
Rowley de Chastain.

Character Age:
He is 19 years old! (He's a young champ).

Character Race:
He is a Human. He is not part of any specific Human Culture, but if one were to guess they might say he's of Northern Sangrian blood, however his sense of fashion and costumes seem to drift a bit away from the usual Sangrian.

Appearance:
Rowley is a very average looking human, despite his rather good looks with his golden blonde hair and gazing blue eyes, he doesn't have much more attributes that make him stand out besides that. He doesn't stand very tall among other people, being only 5'7ft and weighing 157 lbs, he's rather average in terms of structure, being neither muscular or scrawny, but instead having a rather balanced structure thanks to his mesomorph structure. He doesn't seem to have a lot of beard growing from his face for now due to how light colored his hair is, but when running his hands through it, it's pretty noticeable that the young lad is beginning to grow something.

Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Winter, the time of year where snow falls upon from the clouds to deliver us hardships and possibly ruin the crops that the farmers have to work so hard for. One of these farmers, or at least someone from a farmer family was a young man that goes by the name of Rowley. Despite his background, some could say that he looks very noble like, possessing such soft and white skin as if he has never worked in the fields a day of his life, which was in fact true, he never really did help with his parents farm. Those beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair that made him slightly stand out a bit more among the crowd, however his sense of fashion was considered to be quite odd, often appearing to make himself try to look as if he was a pirate or sailor. On a rather chilly afternoon, the young man grabbed a nifty scarf that was made by his mother for cold days such as these, after all catching a cold could be the end of his days, and Rowley was nowhere near dumb enough to risk his health that way. He decided it was a good time to go over to the local tavern and pick up a date or two if he were to be lucky enough, however his main goal was to warm his own body with the taste of alcohol, or at least fool himself enough to let go of this immense discomfort that the cold caused while the small freezing breeze ran through the inside of his clothes and caused him to have continuous chills, perhaps it would've been wiser to have grabbed some thicker and more appropriated clothes for this time of year, but there was no point in doing so due to the booze he planned to chug down his throat.
Once he arrived at the tavern, he swung the door wide open and entered with his right foot, which was an odd habit he kept after his mother once told him 'Sometimes you meet people with your left foot.', even though that was a rather vague thing to say, Rowley isn't the kind of man to take too many chances. As his eyes panned through the room of people, some grouped up, others alone, he slowly closed the door behind him to avoid the wind from entering the place more than it already was through the cracks and small spaces that the wooden tavern had. As he paced through the room, he seemed to be looking around for something or someone, until... Finally spotting him.
"ROLAAAAAAAND!" Rowley exclaimed while raising his arms while wearing a large, ear to ear grin, beginning to make his way towards his good and old best friend from the small place he's been living for so long. This so called Roland instantly gets up and exclaims as well. "Rowley! You loud sucker, get over here!" As he finished his sentence, the two young men greeted with a good handshake before pulling each other into a manly side hug, but quickly released from each other as Rowley pulled a chair to sit down with him.
"Roland, my good old friend, I must have a chat with you." As Rowley began to slowly change his previous excited and happy expression to a more serious tone, Roland raised a hand up to their faces height and began to slowly shake his head as he closed his eyes. "You don't have to tell me about it. Your father has already passed me the news..." As Roland finished his sentence, his arm slowly moved back down to rest on top of the tavern table, continuing to a hold a soft smile, that seemed to be quite supportive. "Ah, so he's beaten me to it... I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you myself, I was busy packing my stuff.", Roland chuckled faintly at the first comment, grabbing his mug to take a sip before placing it back down."So, what's the destination? What land are you planning to travel to, Row?". Rowley paused for a second, placing his hands on top of the table while slightly playing with his fingers, removing some dirt from under his fingernails, before glancing back to Roland, giving the guy a cheeky smile. "That's the secret, mate. I don't got no destination, I'll go to where the seas take me!". When Rowley finished his sentence, Roland stared at him, almost dumbfounded, before letting out a rather loud laugh, grabbing onto his shirt and pressing the same hand against his abdominal area, as the hand that held the mug began to slam the table slightly, but he soon came to a pause. "Gosh.. Rowley de Chastain, you're one of a kind, my good friend." Roland said while wearing a smile. "So, did you only come here to give me such sad news? Knowing you, I bet you have some kind of idiotic idea for your big goodbye that might just surprise me."
Rowley couldn't help but smile at how calm his friend was about his departure, at least he didn't seem like he would miss him too much, which made the young man rather calmer than any person would be in his situation where he is going to pretty much leave his whole life behind. "Well, being me, the so generous Rowley, I decided to help you finally get a woman under your sheets. Since you probably couldn't do it without me." Roland chuckled at the response, but it was typical of Rowley to act in such a sarcastic manner without fully admitting that he simply wanted to get one last stand accompanied by his closest friend before going off on his adventure.
And so, the two had their fun. Two days passed after Rowley's and Roland's adventure at getting their little maidens. Rowley gathered his closest friends, his parents and his brother to give them all a goodbye, before setting off to discover more about the greatness of Alera and its people, aiming to become a pioneer of something, or perhaps simply living to find out more about the world that he has spent 19 years of his living in.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark.
The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Sounds good! I will be looking forward to seeing you - and Rowley on the server some time in the future!

Do note that due to the lastest campaign death has lost all meaning as outlined in here. But beyond that-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.