Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Win it All | Date TBA

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
1640933002082.png
― ― ―

[!]
Word spreads about an interesting game of dice to be played in the near future.
A poster seeks those willing to bet something better than common coin

"Artifacts."

Are you willing to take the chance?

― ― ―

WHAT: A round of Liar's Dice*
WHERE: The Drowned Man's Grave (Storms Landing)
WHEN: TBA

Character Name:
Artifact Being Bet:
(Commonplace is fine, if you really want to bet a Fabled you can as well)
-
-
-
-
-

― ― ―

HOW TO PLAY
The following are the instructions the game will be played for this event since I'm aware there may be variations that people may be familiar with.
If you know Red Dead Redemption it's basically the same ruleset they use here [x]
I've just condensed it a bit.

1. The game starts with someone being chosen to start the 'bid' and will make the first call

2. Each player rolls 5 six sided dice in a cup and flips it down onto the table to hide the dice. (Everyone looks at their own dice before hiding them)
Each player OOC will then roll a d6 five times using a secondary site (ex. Google or irl dice) NOT ON MINECRAFT. Then PM me (Mudpaw11) in game with your 5 numbers.

3. Whoever was choses at the beginning will then call a bid on how many (at least) of a certain dice's face value they think are on the table, including their own
Ex. "3 fours"

4. Going clockwise, the second player may do one of three things:

1. Raising the bid: To raise a bid, the current bidder must either declare a higher number of total dice with any face value (for example, 4 twos beats 3 fours), increase the face of the dice last bid on (e.g., 3 fives beats 3 fours), or both. At this point, all players are still concealing their dice, taking turns raising the bid.

2. Calling a bluff: If a player believes the last bid (3 fours) to be too high, they may call a bluff. At this point, all players show their dice and total the face value bid upon. If the total number of dice matching the face value bid upon (four) is more than the last bid (3), the player to last bid is safe (bidding under the true total), and the player calling the bluff discards one die for calling a bluff on a valid bid. If the total number of dice matching the face value bid upon (four) is less than the last bid (3), the player to last bid discards one die for bidding over the true total, and the player calling the bluff is safe for accurately calling out a "lying" player.

3. Declaring a Bid Spot-On: If a player believes the last bid (3 fours) to be correct, they can declare the last bid "spot-on." At this point, all players show their dice and total the face value bid upon. If the total number of dice matching face value bid upon (four) is greater or less than the last bid (3), the player who declared the bid spot-on discards one (1) die for inaccurately calling a bid spot-on. The player whose bid was declared spot-on is safe. If the total number of dice matching face value bid upon (four) is exactly the same as the last bid (3), the player who declared the bid spot-on is safe, and all other players discard one die each for getting caught with a spot-on bid.

5. The next round starts the same with the first bidder being passed to the person next to them going counterclockwise.

6. Repeat until there's one person left to take it all.
― ― ―

Note: If there isn't enough interest in artifact betting I can run this with just normal coin, additionally I may lower the number of people able to sign up since 5 might make the game really long.... we'll see​

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Bump-
And question
Are people waiting me to drop a date or would you all rather this just be done with Radiants

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Character Name: Ardaric Tideborne
Artifact Being Bet: Metal Bee (Common) or Shrouded Mind (Fabled)

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Bumping this again- if we have enough numbers I may run this on the 12th or 14th
If needed I may just pass the DM role to someone else and then fill a spot myself