Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
[Tentative Theme]

The Workers' Party of Storm's Landing

\Workers' Party of Storm's Landing symbol.png

Party Motto: (None, pending vote)

Party History

The Workers' Party of Storm's Landing (WPSL for short) ostensibly owes its founding to the Freedom & Safety Movement headed by local malcontent Arthur Blackby when Storm's Landing faced an uptick in violence from vyres and various criminal organizations. During these protests, local guardsman Flavius Panos was inspired to leave his post and join the Movement until its quiet conclusion months later, at which point Flavius left the city to return home to Astrakhan. It was there where he realized he could bring the concept of Astrakhan's Assembly (in which members of the city brought grievances to the Basileos) to the public of Storm's Landing. Unlike the Assembly, however, the WPSL would not only list grievances, but collectively bargain for better conditions for the peasants, laborers, and tradespeople in the city.

Party Organization

Currently being reorganized

Party Members

Party Chairman- Flavius Panos

Party Councilor- Lord Storm Arcturus Catalyst

Party Treasurer- None

Head of Propaganda- None

Assembly of the Proletariat (Other Party Members)

Oleg- Jase
Evangelinn Tideborne- Sybbyl
Miya- Sir
Tol'lek Koto- Adam/Byrne
Fita Illyrim- Opal
Amund Khrarstein- Luam
Andrew D'Amyrun- Mr.Slime

Party Goals & Rules

In general, the WPSL is intent on creating a Storm's Landing that uplifts the lower classes from the oppression of the noble and merchant classes that dominate the city by giving the politically activated elements of the working class a voice that directly challenges the current top-down societal hierarchy. At large, the Party wishes for Storm's Landing to be safer, less reliant on the charity of outsiders, and for citizens to be able to earn enough to improve their conditions. Nobles, landlords, and merchants are not allowed to join unless they renounce their inheritance and perceived special status, give up their belongings to the poor, and reaffirm their loyalty to the Movement.

Current Long-Term Goals:

1. Find property in Storm's Landing to serve as an HQ. [X]
2. Gather members. [ We just need a few more...]
3. Make the city a safer place for workers. []
4. Make sure citizens are able to feed themselves on their own paycheck. []
5. Bolster local businesses and support local worker. []
6. Ensure the City Council is communicating effectively with the Guards and the Citizenry. []

Current Short-Term Goals:

1. Draft petition letters to the Priests of Sallana and the City Council regarding the charity system in the city and how it effects local farmers. [ x ]
2. Create a job's board outside the HQ that will support local workers and collect a small fee from employers that would go to assist the city's various projects. [
x ]
3. Encourage a letter-writing campaign where citizens would write or talk about their experiences with living in the city. Letters would be published to draw attention to systemic issues. [
x ]
4. Decide whether or not to have one of the Party members run for this year's election. [Yes]

Party Rules (more to come)

1. No one may be denied membership or from canvassing for election on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, religious affiliation, physical appearance, or occupation (except for nobles, landlords, merchants, and other members of the bourgeois). Party members must respect those of different creeds or those who have ideological differences. Any instances of sexism, racism, gender-bigotry (read: transphobia), or any other kind of prejudice may result in being ejected from the Party.

2. The local laws of Storm's Landing will be respected unless it blatantly infringes upon the safety or dignity of the citizenry.

3. Any elected Party Member may be removed from office by the Chairman by a public trial (lead by the Party Councilor) and a vote by the Party Body.

4. Violence against anyone inside or outside of the Party is prohibited except in cases of self-defence. Anyone found committing wanton acts of violence will be sent to the authorities, ejected, and banned from the Party.

5. All protests planned by Party Members must be approved by the Party Representatives.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
where does this org stand with regards to democratic centralism and revolutionary action?

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
where does this org stand with regards to democratic centralism and revolutionary action?
Decisions made by votes may likely be up to a reassessment after a while, and representatives might have term limits, haven't figured that out yet. It'll likely be all put up to a vote if I even get members haha
As for revolution...uh....well....that depends on who you're asking on behalf of, tovarish ;)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I second what mr Seadog says. Once I wrap up the demonicon events I might give this a go! :D

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
UPDATE

New Members: Welcome to the Party, Fita!

Other info: Expect an announcement to all Party Members for an upcoming meeting in the slums about the future of the WPSL!

Adam/Byrne Sybbyl Sir Jase Opal

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
UPDATE!

I think we've got enough members to hold a small meeting where the Assembly can discuss what the goals of the Party should be, and how it can grow. I've released a poll to see which dates work for everyone. It's multiple choice, so pick as many as you want, and also sign it with your Minecraft IGN. ICly, the characters can of course bring any potential members, so they're also welcome to use the poll too.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
UPDATE!

I think we've got enough members to hold a small meeting where the Assembly can discuss what the goals of the Party should be, and how it can grow. I've released a poll to see which dates work for everyone. It's multiple choice, so pick as many as you want, and also sign it with your Minecraft IGN. ICly, the characters can of course bring any potential members, so they're also welcome to use the poll too.

Alright! It looks like the 16th is the best date for most people! I will make the thread accordingly!​

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
UPDATE!

We now have a short and long-term goals list! Expect some more public announcements from the Workers' Party as well as an upcoming outreach program to find workers fair and honest employment!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hey guys! We're still accepting forms for the Community Labor Project [here] and letters from the Proletariat [here], so if you want to get your character involved in either, you still can!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'd love to sign up Gharid Grabstick as a representative for merchants / trades and have some RP about that if you like. His business is incredibly dependent on the North Eastern trade routes back and forth to Storm's Landing.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I'd love to sign up Gharid Grabstick as a representative for merchants / trades and have some RP about that if you like. His business is incredibly dependent on the North Eastern trade routes back and forth to Storm's Landing.
Unfortunately, merchants (that is, large-scale, commercial merchants not like, the dude selling cabbages on the street) aren't allowed to be members of the WPSL if that's what you mean, but we could certainly organize an RP; there would definitely be a lot of stuff to talk about!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Unfortunately, merchants (that is, large-scale, commercial merchants not like, the dude selling cabbages on the street) aren't allowed to be members of the WPSL if that's what you mean, but we could certainly organize an RP; there would definitely be a lot of stuff to talk about!
Ah, then it's a no-go :p

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
It's that time again; choose what day works best for you!

The (main) meeting topic this time is about who (if anyone) should run for office during the election. Also on the docket for discussion is the letter to the City Council and the Sallanites, as well as how to get the word out on the Labor and Letters Projects (and the Party in general).

Here is a link to the strawpoll!

Adam/Byrne Sir Jase Opal (sorry for tagging ya'll a second time)

ALSO. I forgot to pay rent for our HQ, so I gotta get that fixed up...again.

Last edited: