Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

World of Altera Resource Pack(s)

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I posted the above on 5th March, almost two months ago. Unfortunately, not much has changed and although I would dearly love to devote the time required to update the resource pack I can't even remember when I last logged in to the server... sorry folks.

- Boulder
I remember the last time I saw you log in . . . .

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So, one of the reasons this stopped getting updated and such was that Boulder didn't have a whole lot of help getting it updated. Another reason is that he no longer had time to do so completely by himself. I've had several people approach me saying they're interested in updating it themselves. If this is you, please send me a PM! Thanks, guys.

Hai_Paladin

Lord of Altera
Legend
Hai_Paladin
Hai_Paladin
Legend
This pack is awesome! But could you plzz add the pretty textured stained clays from the original conquests?

Talking like Toki Wartooth for some reason, but if you are no longer updating no worries!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
This pack is awesome! But could you plzz add the pretty textured stained clays from the original conquests?

Talking like Toki Wartooth for some reason, but if you are no longer updating no worries!
Nooooooo. The stained clay in the HW texture pack is 1000000% better than conquest.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So, one of the reasons this stopped getting updated and such was that Boulder didn't have a whole lot of help getting it updated. Another reason is that he no longer had time to do so completely by himself. I've had several people approach me saying they're interested in updating it themselves. If this is you, please send me a PM! Thanks, guys.
So do you still want this, as I know someone who has a working version that was taken from several different packs for the blocks that didn't get textures from this. As far as I know the only work they did was say "This looks good with this pack, lets use it". So it's not original work if that's what you're after.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So do you still want this, as I know someone who has a working version that was taken from several different packs for the blocks that didn't get textures from this. As far as I know the only work they did was say "This looks good with this pack, lets use it". So it's not original work if that's what you're after.
So at various points, people have been working on updating with original textures. The last I was aware of was @Readij, but that was aaages ago.

But yes it is something that I am interested in having someone update.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
View attachment 40172

World of Altera Resource Packs

http://tdu.me/hwtexture | http://tdu.me/hwmusic
The main texture resource pack | The optional music resource pack

One or two people may have muttered something about wanting the Hollowworld Resource Pack updating... I have recently spent days, hours, literally minutes tweaking the old version of the resource pack and am proud to inform everyone that I have finally updated the name!! (and a few other things took a bit longer*)

Ok I can't fool anyone, more than just the name has changed. As you can see with the two links above there are now two packs. The main pack has all the textures in just like the old texture packs but now includes all the shiny new things like stained glass, red sand and erm a few flowers. Some of the textures have been reverted to those from older versions of the pack as they were sourced from places they should not be. I think we are safe and clear now but if anyone spots a texture from the Conquest pack or something I didn't recognise then please do inform me so I can push out an update with the specified image changed.

The second pack linked above has the lovely music from the previous version of the resource pack so find a jukebox, sit down and enjoy! Many thanks to Mady for finding these pieces of music, they really are wonderful. The music is in a separate pack so that people can choose to use the textures but not the music, or use the music and another texture pack (boo, hiss!) or even use both (hint hint, nudge, do this!). Plenty of choice for everyone as I know some people wanted the music in the last pack and others didn't. Splitting the music into it's own resource pack also has another advantage in that when the textures inevitably need updating, you guys and girls don't need to keep downloading the same 25MB of music each time and visa versa! Plus, if anyone wants to add more custom sounds or music then we can provide separate updates for the music pack.

I hope everyone enjoys the update and feel free to comment or make suggestions on changes but please, constructive comments only or I will have to squash you or something...

- Boulder​
Could the texture pack damage my computer? Are there viruses in it?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Could the texture pack damage my computer? Are there viruses in it?
As someone who has used it for a year, I can say that it's fine. It's always good to be wary of downloading things on the internet, but this is quite virus-free. Was made by a member specifically for HW. :)

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
As someone who has used it for a year, I can say that it's fine. It's always good to be wary of downloading things on the internet, but this is quite virus-free. Was made by a member specifically for HW. :)
Awesome! Thank you! So I download it from the link in the first page?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Oh... I've never installed one before!
Alright. I can walk you through it. Like CyberChaos said above me, this texture pack isn't updated with some 1.8 textures like Andesite, Granite, and Diorite. But it has everything else and I absolutely love it. :)

Anyway- Steps!

1. Download the texture pack.
  2. Open up your Minecraft.
  3. Go to Options, either on the main home screen or by pushing ESC in your game.
  4. Go to Resource Packs (I think. It may be titled Texture Packs.)
  5. At the bottom, click Resource Pack Folder
  6. It will open up a folder. You just copy and paste the file you downloaded into this folder and you should be good to go!
  7. The HW Texture pack should show up in the Resource Packs tab now, and you just click it to put it into the right column. Select OK, or Done. Whatever that button says.
  8. ta-da!
:D Hope this helps!

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Alright. I can walk you through it. Like CyberChaos said above me, this texture pack isn't updated with some 1.8 textures like Andesite, Granite, and Diorite. But it has everything else and I absolutely love it. :)

Anyway- Steps!

1. Download the texture pack.
  2. Open up your Minecraft.
  3. Go to Options, either on the main home screen or by pushing ESC in your game.
  4. Go to Resource Packs (I think. It may be titled Texture Packs.)
  5. At the bottom, click Resource Pack Folder
  6. It will open up a folder. You just copy and paste the file you downloaded into this folder and you should be good to go!
  7. The HW Texture pack should show up in the Resource Packs tab now, and you just click it to put it into the right column. Select OK, or Done. Whatever that button says.
  8. ta-da!
:D Hope this helps!
Thanks ! Ill try it later today!