Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

world of warships

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
I play this game heavily i find it helps break up the monotony of building at times when i am on the server. When i need a break from building i hop on and play a few matches and when dead i can just swap back to mine craft and do what i was doing. Bene playing this game for about two years I have a pretty high rating for skill over 1k and just got into my new baby i had been working on.

the grober kurfurst haven't taken her out yet but will post a stream once i do so anyone else play this amazing game?

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
I did when it released or maybe it was beta. Havn't played in a long time.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
I highly fecomend it the game has grown in leaps and bounds this last year we have had twelve major content updates and they added five new ship trees alone.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I love it when they add conceptional ships and planes that never truly made it into the game and put it tiers above ships that actually existed. lol

Japanese carriers are totally OP (see above regarding some of the planes) compared to US carriers - their layout allows them to always have bombers and fighters with Flight deck mods jwhile US carriers can't do the same. The Shoukaku is OP as hell and anything that hasn't been on the see should frankly not exist.

When we are at carriers the Tiers are totally screwed up too - The yorktowns are missing at all, and the Midway which missed WWII in total is T 10
Note the Shoukaku Class' US counterpart was the Yorktown class - in the Game its the... Lexington class (Wtf?!) ?

Battleships aren't better off since for some odd reason the Fusou is on a higher Tier than the Kongou's
As for Tier 10 the Only battleship that is there and is not conceptual I have seen is the Yamato

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
it's grosser kurfurst not grober kurfurst
Actually its Großer Kurfürst ;) - the ß just looks really similar to a B so he probaly thought it was one.
Or just couldn't find it and used the b as a substitute.

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Actually its Großer Kurfürst ;) - the ß just looks really similar to a B so he probaly thought it was one.
Or just couldn't find it and used the b as a substitute.
i know, you use the double S as a substitute for ß when writing in english.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Germany actually don't use the ß anymore, it's instead a double ss there as well, so it is only seen in the names of old things (whether that be places such as Preußen or ships such as the Großer Kurfurst).

Another fun fact is that the ship means Great Elector, referencing Frederick William, Duke of Brandenburg-Prussia.

it's grosser kurfurst not grober kurfurst
Technically it should be Grosser Kurfürst if we're being particularly pedantic ;)

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Germany actually don't use the ß anymore, it's instead a double ss there as well, so it is only seen in the names of old things (whether that be places such as Preußen or ships such as the Großer Kurfurst).

Another fun fact is that the ship means Great Elector, referencing Frederick William, Duke of Brandenburg-Prussia.

Technically it should be Grosser Kurfürst if we're being particularly pedantic ;)
i'm far too lazy to figure out how to do umlauts on my keyboard

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
i'm far too lazy to figure out how to do umlauts on my keyboard
fair enough

I really want to decapitate whoever tells you those circumstantial half truths. >>

Both Austria and Germany still use ß frequently. The Main example where you actually use ss instead of an ß is when writing in capitols since the letter itself cannot be used as a capitol letter due to never being the first Letter ever . Thus you still use Straße (street) and not Strasse in contrast though you can use both Straße and STRASSE - the difference here being that one is written in capitols.
As such it also remains Großer and not Grosser :p

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
So... I got the Enterprise and must say - after the initial fallout from not having played for months and skipping tiers I am starting to like her. :D

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
yeah she is fun i been grinding threw my yamamoto campaign and getting my yamamoto and then upgrading my taiho.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Yeah i'd just love to Tag-Team with a lexington, but I haven't seen 2 CV in one group ever since I entered T8 with it.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
yeah it gets less and less common in the hiegher tiers due to the god like abilities of cvs to be able to carry for balancing issues. THough if you like the neterprise the kaga has the same set up jsut without the ap bombers and strong torpedo bombers and huuuuuuuuge amounts of planes.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
yeah it gets less and less common in the hiegher tiers due to the god like abilities of cvs to be able to carry for balancing issues. THough if you like the neterprise the kaga has the same set up jsut without the ap bombers and strong torpedo bombers and huuuuuuuuge amounts of planes.
CVs are so not Op...
They are rather vulnerable actually and DDs try to sneak up on us each and every time, and especially the Enterprise with her wierd drop patterns and over penetration can't do anything about it.
As for Kaga:
The only Japanese CV I'd actually buy would be a certain turkey as counterpart to the Enterprise. :D