Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

XCOM2 - War of the Chosen

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
So since its out for a few days now here is the inevitable thread to discuss the 'thats Xcom baby' moments :D

I'll start off with the new Poster function :D - Featuring two Soldiers I already had in XCOM
A Duke Nukem rebuild and of course - Delta 4 (The heavy that survives the tutorial mission)

Poster_018.png

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Some hints you might want to know when playing because War of the Chosen makes the game feel kinda different:

a) And I'm not putting this one under a spoiler tag on purpose:
If you want the story missions for Alien hunters and Shen's Last gift DON'T USE INTEGRATE but rather uncheck that and check the 2 DLCs separately. If you integrate you won't get the missions and have to craft not only your first spark, but also the weapons (The rulers still appear in Facilities though)

b) Be really careful the Chosen can really f* your operations up. They can for example permanently reduce the income of a region, which is especially bad when you have yet to uncover the Black Market.

c) meet all the factions ASAP. - If you checked all story missions for WotC you will meet the first two really early on and only have to meet the Templars (Who are really useful btw)

d) The Chosen:
General advice here: Get Soldiers out of Daze as soon as possible.

Really annoying - you can best counter her with Scanning protocol or one of those Beacons from what I heard. Alternatively you can just put one soldier deliberately closer to her position so she will attack them first.

This guy is damn annoying. He never runs towards you and summons spectral Zombies across half the map. Also they can charge themselves to explode, which they will do both upon the next turn as well as if you kill them. He also has a mass daze, so don't keep your soldiers close to each other.

This fellow is mostly annoying. He is a sniper with a charged sniper shot. What annoys me about him is basically that he teleports himself after each hit. That being said he is really easy to hit and I could defeat him without deaths even though I had a squad that didn't have anything better than a CPL (Reason see SIRTEP)

e) Never underestimate the Lost - Not gonna spoiler anything there, you have been warned.

f) Watch out for SIRTEPs. There is one I personally consider particularly nasty. Namely 'Low Profile'. This SIRTEP forbids you to bring soldiers above Sergeant, which is rather bad if you don't know about this SIRTEPS existence and then have to do mission with mostly Squaddies and Rookies and then OH DAMN A chosen shows up.
TBH I doubt I would have managed it if it wasn't for the Alien Hunter Gear. Oh and btw no you can't bring Sparks to that. (Or mine was jsut above the equivalent of Sgt already)