Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Your way to play!

Third Person or First?

• Total voters

mcellgan

Legend of Altera
What is the most creative or adventurous play style you guys have done before, and stuck with for a decent amount of time(lvl 20-30)? I usually end up as one of the beasts, and good at archery and sneak and swords. The time when i'm not them I usually end up as a girl mage. However, I went out of my comfort zone recently and made 2 characters. The first was a nord, the first I've ever made, and she used war axes, conjuration, and bows. The other one was an Imperial,first one as well, and she uses restoration spells and a dagger, uses heavy gauntlets and boots, and magicka improving hoods and robes. I also got myself to start playing third-person, and I couldn't bring myself to go back to first until a few weeks passed by, and now i'm fine playing both.

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
I mainly play as an Elvish or Nordic battle mage. I have done playthroughs as a rouge but I've never enjoyed them as much as I have with magic and sword. There's just something about burning and slashing your way through enemies (with the occasional shout to keep them off my back) that appeals to me.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
First person is much more immersive. So I always preffer using first person instead of third, in all games I play.

Lemarc

Lord of Altera
I'm using both at diferent times, like 1st person while doing something important and 3rd person while traveling or looking at something epic.

Spark

Broken
I use first person for everything but running (long distance) and archery, because shooting a bow looks awesome :p

Angam23

Lord of Altera
I typically play third-person for melee, first for everything else. I find it easier to control melee weapons this way, and more importantly to me Skyrim's melee attack animation in first person makes me feel like I'm playing Minecraft.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I typically play third-person for melee, first for everything else. I find it easier to control melee weapons this way, and more importantly to me Skyrim's melee attack animation in first person makes me feel like I'm playing Minecraft.
yup x)

Blueraid3

I think I might like it here
I'm like a lvl 20 something Imperial and use daedric swords dual wield. I have my one handed weapon skill lvled up pretty high, i'm trying to max it out. I normally wear dragon armor or ebony chain mail. With Dawn-guard Update I'm trying to get a spear or dragon swords.

I play in 1st person for Magic and Range, 3rd person for Melee. It's easier to aim in 1st but you don't need to aim when your hacking away at heads!

Aerogor

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm mainly third person. While it is nice to see things from my character's perspective, being in third person lets me appreciate what my character looks like, as well as give me a better sense of my surroundings.

wolfpilot

Loyal Servant of Altera
Mage, mage is fun, instead of using swords and that junk, I use conjure spells and destruction spells, and I also make up that instead of killing people in some parts (like the thalmor embassy) I paralyze them instead.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Redguard, dual wield daedric maces. They are a bit unfair.
Created a second char purely to stay in character. Nord Archer, stayed away from all the unlawful stuff (with the exception of lock picking) Joined the imperial legion. Stayed away from thieves guild, nightingales and dark brotherhood.

Anyway, first person at all times. It is more immersive. Plus, I find that in 3rd person mode, whatever im trying to hit/shoot is obstructed by my own body.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
As little as I played Skyrim, within 3 hours I completed tasks that were supposed to be levels 20 odd and have gotten over 2000 gold. I ran around stealing everything, because stealing is that easy in that game. But yeah... First Person for me, same as fallout xD

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Nord, 2H Weapons, Heavy Armor, Conjuration, Alteration, and Restoration, dip into destruction to get runes and a few mod-added spells. (Contingency and Permanency, heh.)

Mods installed that overhaul entire stealth and combat system. Feels like a completely different game. For example, if I get around behind someone, my attacks deal more damage, and if I have a perk, allows me to sneak attack at 1/2 ability, even if seen.

Anthony Wilson

Loyal Servant of Altera
Dark Elf, Destruction Magic, Robes, Archmage Level Destruction Magic, Use Call Dragon Shout against formidable foes