Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Zaxwas's Application [Accepted - Jase]

zaxwas

Legend of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Zaxwas

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-gaming is when a player uses information that they have learned OOC during their RP. This ruins immersion since their character would probably not have access to that information. Also, it’s super lame. Power-gaming is when a character uses a skill that they have not learned in character, or performs an action against another player without that other player’s consent (I believe the example in the rules is something along the lines of I swing my ax and smash away [other player]’s sword before they can react.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
NO.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
ToastySpam (great name).

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a filmmaker by profession and by hobby! I like to write and direct. I listen to pretty standard sadboi indie music. I enjoy melancholic, story-driven games (the last two that I played were Firewatch and A Night in the Woods). I enjoy long walks on the beach and whispering sweet nothings by candlelight… wait, this isn’t Tinder! It says so in the rules!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Sure! I’ll attach a short film that I wrote. If I can figure out how to do it… I've attached it to the bottom... Hopefully that works!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server by Googling “Minecraft Fantasy RP” and looking through the search results and reading up on all of the communities until I found one that really seemed to meet what I was looking for (spoiler: it was you).

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Lupin Myst

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Short, faded brown hair with a big bushy beard (impressive, given his age...probably has been growing it since he was a teenager). Grey eyes. Olive skin. He wears a grey hooded robe with light purple trim, brown pants, and a charcoal black rope belt. He wears two gold rings (one with an emerald) and a gold chain, representing all of his valuable worldly possessions. He’s about five feet, ten inches – although, when asked, he tells people he’s six foot even. He weighs about 168 pounds.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
A story, you say? Friends, Alterians, countrymen – lend me your ears.

I shall tell you the tail of how one Lupin Myst escaped from the dungeons of tyranny and emerged into the light A FREE MAN. But first, some necessary exposition. Lupin Myst was born to wealthy parents in the year… the year… what is this year minus twenty-three? Two thousand, two hundred and seventy-eight? No, that’s not right… Look, I’m a story teller, not some number magician! He was born twenty-three years ago, to wealthy parents. Super wealthy. I mean, even their Radiants had Radiants. And they were super religious (not in the “only pray on Shalherana day” kind of way). They prayed multiple times a day and they were incredibly strict in their beliefs. Lupin’s upbringing was a harsh one. Remember that tyranny I spoke of just moments ago? Well I was referring to Mr. and Mrs. Myst.

It wasn’t long before Lupin grew tired of this prison of belief. Even the most privileged teenager can find resentment towards his parents, somehow. He spent as much time away from his home as he could, frequenting the local inns and taverns. He would spend hours listening to the strange and fantastical tales of the travelers. That is, until one day an old traveler’s tale awoke a sleeping giant inside of him. This aging voyager spoke of a time before the likes of Shalherana. A time when there was nothing. Just pondering… and the Void. Lupin had never heard of such things! In his home, there was no talk of before Shalherana. Why, Shalherana was all there ever was! His parents had assured him of that.

Lupin was excited and enthralled. Because, you see, when Lupin wasn’t at the inns and the taverns, he would climb to the top of the great hill near his parent's house and gaze up at the stars. And it was in that gazing, fine listener, that this giant inside first began to stir. At first, Lupin saw the constellations his father had taught him. But as he continued to look, he began to see others. These constellations weren’t in the religious tombs that filled his parents’ library. They weren’t anywhere. As far as Lupin knew, they didn’t even exist. Perhaps you’ve connected the dots already. Or should I say, the stars. Eh? Ehh? Anyone? Okay, you’re right, I’m sorry. This is a serious story. My apologies. Where was I? Oh yes.

The words of the old vagabond had stirred up a giant inside of young Lupin. What if, he thought, the constellations he had seen were real? What if there were maps and clues written in the cosmos that only he could read? What if there were other worlds and other realms? What if by reading these stars and entering these realms, he could predict important futures and accumulate ancient knowledges. What if he was the chosen one? I know what you’re probably thinking, and yes – these are quite narcissistic things that he's thinking. But you have to remember, he was only a teenager! Life was still full of endless possibilities and hope! The stories that night at the tavern had freed Lupin from that prison of belief. And so he went and did the only reasonable thing a teenage boy could ever think to do: he went home to tell his parents that they were FOOLS.

His parents listened to his arguments and were actually quite compelled. At the end of the discussion they said “You know, Lupin, you’re right. All of these things that we have believed passionately for our entire lives are actually wrong. Thank you for enlightening us.” And they went on to explore the cosmos together as a family in harmony... NOT. Ha! A classic redirect! You thought his parents would actually be okay with what he was saying? Surely then you haven’t been listening closely enough!

They screamed back and forth for hours about heresy and blasphemy, idiocy and vanity, until at last they threw him out of the house! “And don’t come back until you’ve learned your lesson,” they probably shouted as they slammed the door. And so young Lupin was out on the street with nothing but the cloak on his back and the jewelry he managed to steal on his way out.

The end.
What a story. Inspiring, really.
What was that? That was a horrible ending? Well just who do you think you are, anyway? I asked for your ears, not for your criticism! Sheesh, some people! Well if you must know, of course that’s not really the ending. This is but the beginning! The first chapter in a long epic of highs and lows, of love and loss, of Gods and…well, you get the point.

The story of Lupin Myst! If you want to hear the rest, you’ll have to come back some day and I’ll tell it to you. And there’ll be no talking! I’ve had it with all the snide remarks.

Attachments

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend

Cool beans!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.