Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Zerin Ak'li

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
Zerin Ak'li
Nickname/Alias: "Zerry" "Zen" "Zer" "Rin" "Rinny"

KEY INFORMATION:
Gender: Female, though being a nakat and as slim and lanky as she is, it is not as easily shown.
Race: Nakat.
Sexuality: Pansexual as she is looking for a Satob in any.
Height: 5'8
Weight: Underweight.
Homeland: Native of Kavdek
Current Home: Currently with the other nakam within Kavdu.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Zerin seems in appearance to be extremely lanky though holding some visible muscle. The Nakat stands with slouching shoulders, flat chested, long legs and her arms slump by her sides often. Underweight and covered in thick scars, scabs and dried blood covering sections of her legs and arms that cut away in her fur, a shining pink peaking through the now mottled fur.
Fur: Her fur is long around certain areas than others. Upon her elbows the fur hangs down slightly, as well as upon her knees and around her ankles and chest. Overall the fur is quite thick, ranging in a light tinted hazel to dark markings of brown. Extremely soft.
Eyes: A bright blue, contrasting with her hazel colouring, that shines brightly.
Identifying Marks: Scar from just above her collar down diagonal her chest, many over her arms, hands and legs, her bright eyes against her dimmed fur.
Appearance: Lanky, bright eyed nakat with many scars and ripped clothing. Too tall for a Nakat, surely. Big ears.

Clothing: Often seen in tattered 3/4 trousers and a long blue very tattered and ripped poncho.
Weaponry: Dagger.
Prized Possessions: None.
Hygiene: Not too god awful, but she is becoming quite smelly.
Voice: Harsher, deeper, than her appearance may lead someone to think, though still feminine. This is most likely due to her common accent as she does speak softer in Verba.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: Dagger work, hand stitch and sowing
Fears: Death, and anything surrounding it, though oddly enough this does not show easily. Magic.
Weaknesses: Social skills and trading, politics.
Intelligence: Average.
Languages: Verba, Common.
Profession: Apprentice Tailor Nothing to do now.

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: Quiet.
Religion or Cults: Holding faith in her ancestors, asking them for the help she needs.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Short Term Goals: Continue.

Long Term Goals: Find reason to continue.

TRIVIA:
Favourite...

Place: Anywhere shaded, where she may sit and curl up to read or sow in peace.
Pastime: Sowing, reading, drinking.
Food: Fish, though rarely given. She likes the selection of meats she can acquire.
Drink: Fresh water, milk, whiskey.
Colour: Not fussed.
Animal: Dark birds that fly overhead.

Least Favourite...
Place: Around deep water, near the cathedral.
Pastime: Fishing.. doesn't have the tactfulness for it.
Food: Cookies or bread.
Drink: Any strange teas.
Colour: Not fussed.
Animal: Worms.

RELATIONS:
Misses: Her father, Tajay
Loved:
Trusted:
Befriended:
Liked:
Neutral:
Unsure of:
Wary of:
Afraid of:
Disliked:
Disgusted:

Hated:
BACKSTORY:

Zerin slumped down against the wall with a heavy sigh, dragging up the fabric to rest on her knees as she began to stitch. The Master should surely be happy if she managed to get all of the work done, even the thought caused a smirk to tug at the corners of her mouth. Master Raiji was never happy with her sowing and constantly shamed the Nakat on her sloppy line work, yet Zerin carried on, not without the grumbling under her breath and glare to him when his back was turned, of course. Sheltering herself under the overhang of the tailor's building she narrowed her eyes, squinting to see the detail of her stitches as she worked. Not soon had she started did he stab the needle into herself, cursing out in Verba.

"Vu ibek, Zerin!" /You moron, Zerin!/, Bringing the finger up to her mouth, sucking upon it as she glanced out, narrowed brow, along the clean white view in front of her. Sighing as she brought the finger out of her mouth and stared down at thus. "Ibek.." /Idiot../ It was no wonder Raiji didn't pick her, getting hit so soon with the needle. She curled in on herself a slight, laying the fabric and needle beside her on a small cleared patch of stone. Leaning back and closing her eyes.. hours passed as the tired Nakat curled in on her seated position to sleep, head crooked to rest upon her shoulder, tail drooped over her chest, legs bent.

Quickly shooting her eyes open, then scrunching them up at the sudden light as she feels a jab to her right side, grunting out a "Wha..?".
"Why aren't you inside cleaning Ak'li?!" Came a low gruff reply, another blow to her right. "G-gah, sorry Master Raiji..! I- I just passed out for a few seconds-.. that's all..!"
Now realizing not only how much her crooked neck ached, but also the coldness that shook her body.
"Don't lie to me you ungrateful Zerin!" Finally opening her eyes fully to see the squat little Nakat, face scrunched up and prodding her side with a cane.
"Collect your things and walk with me, your father will hear of this!" He squawked. "Raiji! Not Papa.." She narrowed her eyes to glare to him "You wouldn't."
"Watch me you little Ikben." He muttered, turning to waddle on his way, motioning her to get up and follow him.

She muttered under her breath a small curse as she scoops herself and the fabric from the ground, arching her back till she hears a faint crack, then turning to follow after him, grumbling all the way through the thick trudgey snow.

Her house stood stout not too far away, small and crowded, even with just her father and self. The small Nakat thumped his cane to the door, the door itself giving a creak of protest. Soon, a groan was heard on the other side, and heavy steps to the door. Swinging open to see the dark tall muscled Nakat there, glaring down upon Raiji and Zerin.
"What is so important that you come knocking upon my door so early?" The tall one said with a kind of whispered shout.
"Your daughter.. again." The cane slamming down into the snow, hunched up to his side.
"Can you not just give her a slap on the wrist and leave her be for nether's sakes.. she tries her best." Her father glancing to her and giving her the smallest hints of a smile.
"She fell asleep again, Sir Ak'li and I am not having it.. I refuse to teach her."
"What?!" Zerin shouted, looking to her master with utter distaste, turning to look up to her father with almost pleading eyes, as he ushers her inside.

Zerin moved up into the kitchen, fixing herself a small mug of fresh milk as she tried to drown out the shouting of her father and the grouchy little Nakat, grumbling as she sips, until finally, with a slam of the door, silence. A few moments later the thick sound of movement approached her again, glancing up to see her father.
"I'm sorry Papa.. I didn't get any sleep from sowing last night and.. it was so quiet-" "I don't mind, Zerin.." He said, cutting her off. "You don't..?" "No.. I know you tried, that's all I can ask of you.. we'll find you a better teacher." He smiled weakly, bending down to kiss her forehead shortly. "You go and get some proper rest now.. don't worry of it." Her father muttered, before trudging in to relax back into his chair.

Standing there for but a few seconds to watch him, before turning with a sigh and going to her room, collapsing onto the bed. "Sorry Papa.. I'll make it up to you when I run a shop myself.." She muttered, hugging herself loosely, turning her head to look out to the thick trees and snow, ears swiveling to pick up upon the faint noise of the docks nearby.

"I'll make you proud.." Quickly springing up to gather her items, smirking, plan in mind.

(This next section of the backstory was written by the wonderful @Michcat )

As she sneaks away to board the ship without detection of her Father, Zerin seems to be having a smooth trip so far. The ship leaves, headed East towards the Northern Kingdoms and everything seems to be going quite smoothly. The view of Kavdek just fades behind the sails in a beautiful starry sky, whether she is above deck to see it or not.
Suddenly, the ship jolts and rocks. Then it heaves. The ocean its self seems to be rejecting the craft from its bosom, in a turmoil vicious enough to rouse even the heaviest sleeper. A bright light shines into the portholes like a gross intruder- or it shines into her eyes and alights the deck, if she had been daring enough to brave the slicing wind and rocking deck of the boat. All eyes are turned West, back to the source of the light- Back to their home of Kavdek- Back to that sudden bright beam in the sky. Such an anomaly... definitely wasn't there when they left! It was as if the sun had shrunk into a pillar and touched the island, outshining both moon and stars in the night sky. For a moment, it almost seemed peaceful.

And then everything went to hell.

She would awaken, bruised and broken and groggy in wooden remains. There doesn't seem to be any serious injuries she can feel, but its hard to even see the edges of what she sits on through the thick fog layered over everything. There are bodies of other Nakam besides her... floating in what must be the ocean. She might recognize a few of them from the ship she had been on, but they don't seem to be as alert as she is- or even breathing. Another carcass of a boat drifts past... and then the roof of someones home... and then a copse of uprooted trees...
Zerin doesn't know how she survived, but on the misty horizon it seems she has drifted closer to some sort of wreckage. Kavdek.
The lands don't look quite... whole. Indeed, it seems some sort of beast has let its wrath loose over what was once the Grand City of Verbali. Cragged, broken wasteland more underwater then above slowly fades in and out of view- And it seems Zerin is drifting closer to where the Southern Mountains once were, on quite the unnatural current.

Through the mist, there would be nowhere to go but this makeshift 'raft' she was miraculously stranded upon. It seems to be the hull of the ship she had first set out upon, broken from its being.
The fog grows thicker. Despite her best attempts to stay awake, nothing could stop this allure of unnatural sleep foisted upon the Nakat...

She may or may not remember awakening from time to time, always in the haze and always with a hazy mind. Seeing shadows and shapes in the mist- Seeing more of what was once the Nakam population of Kavdek... floating in the waters, face down, forever circling towards that one spot- For the local current no longer seems to obey the word of the Moon. She may cry out, but the only response would be her own empty voice echoing back. Days and nights blend, and as she grows closer and closer to starvation- ( Only starvation, for oddly enough, the water surrounding Zerin is fresh.. and as she is one of the only survivors, she must have been one of the few to stomach it..)- she would began to realize that different cultures ships have entered the floating wreckage. Some food may be pilfered, but survival looks dim- Especially now as these Trade Ships of other continents lay stranded nearby. Every so often, a Human or Caparii sailor drifts by amongst the carnage. As if they came to see what happened. As if they never made it out.

In her last moments, there is a saving grace. A single vessel manages to make it through in one piece, manned by Furless and few Nakam- Splitting through the unending fog like a beacon of hope.

Last edited:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
y'can include the "final bits", ykno~

edit: Oh yes this is approved

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
]
Clothing: A simple baggy purple tunic made of rich fabric, pulled together loosely around her waist with a belt, 3/4 trousers made of soft linen completed with an intimidatingly large cape that drapes from her shoulders, often hugging it around her.

:heart:

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
+Included is a picture of Zerin's new room in thumbnail format. The writing on the wall reads "Lie to me by the moonlight."
2014-09-02_20.46.35.png

Last edited: