Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

Application- Verenusnl [Declined - Sally]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verenus

Villager
1. What is your minecraft username?
It is infact Verenusnl, I tried going for Verenus as that is the name i use for alot of games. also it's general enough, but it was taken, hence the nl displaying my nationality.​

2. How old are you?
19 years old dear boys and girls!​
3. What gender are you?
Male​
4. What country do you live in?
The Netherlands
5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
but ofcourse. though... Is there a chance that a player can get an alternative intro?​
Because I was thinking of being a tattered man who had been going around his daily ways. away from home and family in this cruel world. then finding(?is that possible in this setting) any random town on the map. the geological make-up of the map would "tell" me where a logical spot would be.​
I'd love to hear some feedback on this, any information is highly appreciated because the admins ofcourse know more of the background then I do as of yet.​
5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
Basically the same answer as for the question above really.​
6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction.
ohh, please look to 5A for the first bit. Other than that I would like to play a character who is relatively kind of nature, a man who's traveled the world looking for civilization and something better to eat than bits of treebark and scavanging off carrion.
I'm hoping to build up a stable living situation for myself with enough ways to trade with players who have expertise that i do not.
In time I will be changing my skin depending on the state of my character. In my real-life LARP group they have one basic rule that stands atop all others; what you see is what you get. If I get the chance to visually do something that is always better than going /emote all the time.
Overall my character will be a man who has lost all he owned. His house, his family, his friends... At the start he will be no more tha a tramp dependent on how the current base of players will react to my arrival. other things than this I am hoping to show you all in-game, seeing as how this thread is open for viewers...
7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.
Well, I'm a friendly guy who really values roleplay. As a background I have been an active member of a real life LARP (live action role play) group for just about a year and a half now, doing 4 weekend events a year.​
After getting bored to heck with regular minecraft I am hoping to really get myself emerged into a tight community of roleplay loving people. I can;t guarantee that it will grab me ofcourse, but I'm sure hoping it will!​
8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
Uhm, for all you Dutch people out there I can tell you that the LARP events I go to are hosted by this gameshop who calls itself Gamesnstuff.com tickets are very pricy though.
I don't have any minecraft roleplay experience, but I trust the step (up?) isn't really going to be too harsh.
9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
uhm, please take the chance to get to know me, both ingame as with OC messages on the site if you'd like to.
10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
speaks for itself doesn't it?
11. How did you find out about our server?
I've looked up and down the mcserverlist for a million times now looking for a suitable server. And I've passed up on this one a few times before, just because it was whitelisted. Don't get me wrong, whitelisted servers are better... but it was a bit of a hassle. And after a million failed servers I felt that I should take the time to get into a quality whitelisted one.
12. Have you voted for us?
I have not yet! I'll get to making a MCserverlist account soon, promise ;)

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
This application was slightly confusing, you have bits and pieces scattered through it and under the wrong questions. There is a magical edit button that allows you to make changes.

As to your back story, build a character, a history, hopes and dreams. You've done a bit of that but I think it needs more depth. Next, don't tell us what you will do with your character if you get accepted and by all means mention that you go LARPing, but not in the backstory and definitely do not advertise. That doesn't go down to well here.

Alternative intro's are fine as far as i know, but like I said, yours needs more work.

So tidy up your application, put things in the right place and add a bit more to your story and we'll see how that looks.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I think the Survival guide is misleading.. You should be fine to start as an explorer or traveller, you start out in the shrine of Shalherana but I don't think it's a requirement to RP start there.

It's best to read some approved and declined applications. Some stories are instantly declined because they're unoriginal.

Tunika04

I think I might like it here
Reading this made me quite confused, as it is confusing as it is, and also difficult for the eyes.
I think your In-Character Bio is where you got a little confused, Just try to speak through your
character's perspective. Try not to talk in the Out-Of-Character perspective. It is more interesting to me
and leads into quite a unique style.
As to the format of your writing, A place to start is the way its showed, Maybe you can bold the question
and leave a space in between the question and answer.
One last VITAL thing: In question 7, ALOT of people miss this. But you are expected to write 8 or more sentances, as you have only half of the requirement. If I didn't point this out, you would not want a admin reviewer to look at that, especially if it is down to half of the requirement.
Hope this helped :)

By the way man, At the time this was written, I still have not been accepted...so I am not a staff lol do not worry. :)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
This hasn't had a comment or update at all, I'll have to decline. But if you update or fix up your application, please reapply.
Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.