Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

Bug: Forum Access

C

Cubey

Fix my access pretty please!

I can see deleted threads and posts.

I can see Report and Moderation.

I can edit someone's post.

I can edit thread title.

HERE COMES TROUBLE!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Fix my access pretty please!

I can see deleted threads and posts.

I can see Report and Moderation.

I can edit someone's post.

I can edit thread title.

HERE COMES TROUBLE!
Oh lel. Will fix.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Since we are already at forum bugs...

The version our forums runs on is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
When you log in from IE 11, you can still read everything as usual but certain important text boxes, namely the ones to edit and write posts, are either not loading or are not selectable at all. For some strange reason, when you make a thread you can still input a title, no text though...

Would be nice getting an update for that, having firefox that old virus trap for just 1 forums is kinda meh :/

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Since we are already at forum bugs...

The version our forums runs on is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
When you log in from IE 11, you can still read everything as usual but certain important text boxes, namely the ones to edit and write posts, are either not loading or are not selectable at all. For some strange reason, when you make a thread you can still input a title, no text though...

Would be nice getting an update for that, having firefox that old virus trap for just 1 forums is kinda meh :/
that is a bug with IE 11. Try chrome as an alternative

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
that is a bug with IE 11. Try chrome as an alternative
Considering how it works with every other forum I daresay its a forum bug.

Chrome isn't really better btw since its Google spyware.
Either way needing a diffeent browser for just one forum is kinda meh - so it would be nice if we could get a compatible version of XenoForo...

C

Cubey

IE 11 is really really new, our forum is quite old or whatever :p I'm on firefox, I dont see any bugs :/

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Considering how it works with every other forum I daresay its a forum bug.

Either way needing a diffeent browser for just one forum is kinda meh - so it would be nice if we could get a compatible version of XenoForo...
it is a compatible version. it would noit have worked otherwise for me
|
v
dipdipidp
Chrome isn't really better btw since its Google spyware.
It is not spyware. someone would have noticed and told everyone

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
It is not spyware. someone would have noticed and told everyone
because GOOGLE can't control information...

Also while old a nice link for you
http://www.favbrowser.com/google-chrome-spyware-confirmed/
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120326143154AA5llSJ

gmail does the same btw.
It is anaylsing the content of your mails and then pops up appropriate advertisements to it, so if you write your friend that you are interested in visiting malta don't be surprised if you have advertisements from travel agencies either in mail for or as an ad on the side.

I remember similar articles in the past, a lot of them vanished from Google though - I wonder why? - they all magically disappeared though so I can admittedly not say whether they fixed that later on after people found out.

IE 11 is really really new, our forum is quite old or whatever :p I'm on firefox, I dont see any bugs :/
Yeah fiefox works, its just that it seems to attract all kinds of viruses for me that IE doesn't :/.

IE 11 is at least half a year old though and updating the forum version can't hurt if its free.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
This thread is about cubey's access, if you want to complain about IE not working please make another thread.
Was just about to post something to this effect.

Incidentally, Cubey, could you check to see if you still have those permissions? I think I got it.