Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

SharpBH's Application [Accepted - Jase]

SharpBH

Loyal Servant of Altera
The Whitelist Application Form
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
My Minecraft username is: SharpHoplite

2. How old are you?
I am twenty two (22) years of age.

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
I live in Greece/Hellas and my timezone is eet (Eastern European Time).

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes. I have read the King’s law (server rules), terms of service, Privacy policy, Official Lore, Code Conducts and Player Guides.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I consider Metagaming as the usage of knowledge apart from the game or roleplay to gain an unfair advantage over other players. Powergaming is similar, but mostly about the exploitation of the rules or loopholes within the rules to do the same (taking advantage over others).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
The seventh rule on Section B - Server rules in King’s law states that X-Ray and mods/clients that give benefits that aren’t available in vanilla are not allowed. (It also says that a Staff needs to be asked to see if a certain mod is okay to use.)

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I don’t fully understand what 'work' means in this context, but there are some important factors I can share to showcase a bit more about myself.
Firstly, I am Autistic. I have Asperger syndrome, but it’s regarded as autism nonetheless. This means (as far as I can make out or know) that my reasoning and understanding of meanings, basic points and visual representations, can sometimes be drastically different from normal (neurotypical) people. Also it’s harder for me to keep up with what’s happening around me, take in information quickly and efficiently and pay attention to a thought, feeling, something I read or watch or hear, etc. (just an overall slow thinker.) I have spent three or four years in 'special' schools and colleges, so I have a decent enough idea of other autistic people and how they act, what is expected of me and them and how I ought to behave. Now I might not seem autistic at first glance due to my ability to chat and socialize normally, but my issues can have an effect in the way I behave and make decisions, so it’s worth acknowledging it beforehand.
Secondly, I am partially engaged in my nations’ culture and tradition. I find appealing the visual aesthetic, traditional music, ceremonies, culture and history of my nation. As a Greek, I hold sources of influence that aren’t translated to English and I wish to share it with people sometimes in ways that can be enjoyable and done carefully.
Lastly, I recently have been studying a lot of philosophy and theology. This has shaped in an new way how I play and roleplay with other people. It also has given me insight to a couple of things that I want to share with people and put into use.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yes. The player mon1496/Dappest suggested Hollow World to me as an alternative from another rp server. I also invited SirFortune_/Aki and he join before me.

About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Hoplite

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
HEIGHT: 6'1 ft | 185 cm
WEIGHT: 165 lb | 74 kg
EYES: Bule/Teal
SKIN: Olive
HAIR: Dark brown
CLOTHING: A purple linothorax uniform and a pair of sandals.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Hoplite HW 1.1.png

Written Test!
Hoplites’ personality is mostly defined by his childhood and past. In his youth he was curious, naive, passionate and empathetic. Having a thirst for knowledge and wisdom, eventually led him to find a tradition about theology and philosophizing about concrete facts and objective truth, which he fully embraced. As he matured, he became ambitious, insightful, analytical, introspective and unobtrusive. Once he saw sightings of life being tempered with for some reason, he knew something was wrong. He then felt the need to set off and discover and learn more about the world and see what he could do to help. So, he requested his parents to live autonomously and asked for his inheritance, which they reluctantly gave and wished him the best of luck. Since then, Hoplite has been anxious and having nightmares due to the new life he's heading towards, which has shaped him to a more mature and determined man. Now he trains himself in combat, travels around the world philosophizing and looking for a purpose in his life. Hoplite still practices self-mastery and is adaptable, skeptical, idealistic, wise, charismatic and gentle.

Unfortunately, Hoplite is not very social and typically avoids large groups of people and gets overwhelmed easily when it’s not an emergency or majorly important occurrence/situation. And absurdly, by being isolated, he gets nightmares more often and his loneliness taers him apart. He has a tendency to either, not talk a lot or talk too much at certain times, which can often get tiresome to converse with.

Hoplite wants to write and learn more philosophies that may inspire people and fight for what is true. He himself wants to become a competent and formidable fighter. That way, he'd be able to protect his friends, as-well as to propagate his views/ideals and negotiate with a less petty profile.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey SharpBH,

Well written application here, however unfortunately I cannot allow any sort of alterations to your character like those you have described: black and yellow-ish humanoid creature, and nakam like. Mutations and that sort are possible, but must be received in game through events and be lore approved. Your character should also be from the world of Altera, from the current continent we are on at the moment.

Your character should begin as one of the basic playable races that we have available. (Note Makani are an application race- you will need to make an application once whitelisted- and Nakam/Greylings/Earthspawn are 'extinct' races and you are unable to create backstory characters of those races.)

Please make the appropriate changes, and then let me know you have done so by responding to this thread.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Welcome to Hollowworld!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.