Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_Tyrana_ Application [ Accepted - Fluffy ]

_Tyrana_

Villager
1.What is your Minecraft username?
_Tyrana_

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
United States, PST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: using information gained ooc and applying it ic without the character learning it for themselves. Often information gained from metagaming is used to powergame. Powergaming: Forcing an outcome with the benefit to your character such as giving them a sudden power to be stronger or pressuring someone ooc to force an outcome. another example of powergaming is when a character may do an action that is likely impossible, but because someone may not want their character to "fail" they force the outcome of their character succeeding. For example, someone may force their character to win a fight to make themselves look better or have their character suddenly know something (metagame) to make themselves look better.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hello, I go by Tyrana (my username) and I’m a college student working towards becoming a content creator and streamer. I like to play different roleplaying games and I greatly enjoy storytelling. I play my fair share of musical instruments and appreciate many genres. I’m a huge nerd and a sucker for fantasy world lore and history. I enjoy reading other people’s stories and writing my own in my spare time from school.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I’ve been looking for a roleplay server for a couple’s days now. Through a period of scrolling and searching, I found that this server caught my eye.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Tyrana Virm

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Tyrana has scarred but tanned skin, black hair and dark emerald eyes. She dresses in a series of different animal hides and clothes. On her right arm she sports a large serpent tattoo. Seeing it as mark of intimidation and protection from the wild creatures that she may encounter.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Virm.PNG
Written Test!
Born in the forests on the Eastern Continent, Tyrana grew into a short but very sturdy woman. Being quite muscular from lifting large hay bales, few found themselves to be intimidated once she walked into a room. The tattoo didn’t exactly help. Though many of her kind found her skins art to be strange and almost revolting, she viewed it as yet another scar to show her strength as the pain that was endured to get such a detailed work done took almost a week. Despite her rather rough exterior, Tyrana is a rather welcoming individual for that of an elf. Though still cautious, she finds that selling the rare stray traveler a loaf of days old bread to be quite entertaining as their desperation for food allows her to just barely increase her prices.

Though she may appear to best be suited as a hunter, Tyrana prefers the more laxed position working in animal husbandry and crop farming. She regularly catches herself speaking to the different animals she may raise, despite her concerns of sometimes coming off as a bit crazy, she likes the practice of socializing. Like any other Forest elf, she too has a strong connection to the nature around her. An almost maternal feeling fills her when she overlooks a large valley or spectates a flowing stream. Unfortunately, this maternal feeling can often be a double-edged sword for this woman, she often feels great pain when seeing hunters or those seeking meat for a meal. She grows attached to the animals she has raised and has recently found herself refusing to sell meat or even supply it, choosing to instead live off her crops and sell the biproducts of her livestock.

Having years of agricultural experience hasn’t always played in her favor. As many forest elves prefer to forage and hunt for their meals, she’s often told that so much food would go bad in smaller settlements. Tyrana is aware of the unfortunate truth that too high of production may infringe on their natural way of life and could even impact the nature around her. It is because of this; she keeps a small patch of land by her hut for crops and a single sheep that regularly supplies her with the various cloths and fabrics she wears. Being quite stubborn in her own right, she keeps to smaller collectives of her race, wanting to avoid groups that create a higher authority. She looks down on such authority for it can hinder one's closeness to nature and be influenced too easily by greed.

Fluffy Bristle

Lord of Altera
Legend
FluffyBristle
FluffyBristle
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.