Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[??] A bank of Altera

D

Dark Auras

The Radiant does not inflate or deflate. It is absolutely secure in the hands of the owner, who has an immutable Vault account with that money in it, where it can't be stolen or lost. Radiants cannot be created through work or inflation; the only way for a Radiant to be created is to do the votes or to have them rewarded in an extraordinarily rare Staff /money create type of thing.
I agree with everything else youve posted - Just a side note here that Radiants can be created through cobblestone trade, which is with the server. While the radiant does not appear to inflate or deflate, the value of commodities varies over time based on who is holding onto the wealth and how they like to spend it. So while the radiant itself stays true, the value of commodities fluctuates. The only real money sink being regions, and niche items such as saddles, makani wings, fly, etc.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
You laid down some real shiz here Baron, I will read through it when not half sleep. Thanks for the advise, I’ll definitely see what I can learn

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
One thing you could have a go at is trading commodity notes, i.e. promises to deliver X resource to the bearer by Y date. By acting as an intermediary, you can set up a storefront where you sell other people's promises to deliver some resource to the person buying the contract to do it. You would collect a cut as a middleman in this pseudo-futures market, and be able to broker deals for resources or labour.

Labour, by the way, is the real resource in Minecraft. Everything is available to everyone, at any time. However, you need to spend time to get anything. Connecting the people who are bored and willing to dig holes for people who don't have time to dig holes is a service you could provide.

Narvendel

Lord of Altera
What backs the IC Radiant? How is it issued?
To be fair, the IC radiant is backed about the same as IRL currency. It used to be that countries issued currency backed by gold reserves, but due to economic issues with most of the world following two world wars, pretty much only (I think just only) the U.S. was left still on gold-backed currency. So, in order to not have their economies collapse due to a lack of backing for their own currencies, other countries started having a reserve of U.S. currency to back their own currencies, since it was as good as the gold it was backed by. Now, however, the U.S. has abandoned the gold backing entirely for... essentially speculation and the health of the economy. Many countries that were using the U.S. dollar before as a reserve currency just stuck with it, as the U.S. dollar is fairly stable in value.

Point I'm trying to make here is that you just have to get people to agree that the currency you distribute has value. Doesn't have to really be backed by anything except faith in its value. Doesn't even have to be radiants, could be Aserobucks.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
One thing you could have a go at is trading commodity notes, i.e. promises to deliver X resource to the bearer by Y date. By acting as an intermediary, you can set up a storefront where you sell other people's promises to deliver some resource to the person buying the contract to do it. You would collect a cut as a middleman in this pseudo-futures market, and be able to broker deals for resources or labour.

Labour, by the way, is the real resource in Minecraft. Everything is available to everyone, at any time. However, you need to spend time to get anything. Connecting the people who are bored and willing to dig holes for people who don't have time to dig holes is a service you could provide.
Literally what my guild was and seeks to be again in the near future with the GE.

Last edited:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Regarding loans in general pyrocide I always get myself added as primary region owner for collateral. Done it three times now, always works out because either you refund the region entirely if you never get paid back, you keep the region as your own or you get paid back.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Like I said, that was back during Cromarcky days; I'm not looking to do it now. Plus, that only works if they have a region to take, and unless it's during a 100% refund period you still stand to lose a bunch of money unless you're just helping fund a small addition to an already huge region. It's a lot easier just to take money through gambling honestly.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I recall the Radiant originally had real value, since you could purchase them with actual money at a rate of $1:1000R. That base gave you an idea of how much 1R's labor is worth, and was useful in giving actual prices to items.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I always kind of based it around diamond trade. For a while now I've been sold, and have been selling, a stack of diamonds for 4k a piece. With the way I mine and such I can get a five stacks of diamonds in about two hours with fortune picks and such. I just kind of use that /10k an hour/ reference and slide it around depending on the resource.

We definitely have no set value for items (Lord knows I've tried). But it all comes down to how much the user values it and how much a dealer can get out of it. Until someone throws a full complete list of values for everything, which I think Antilogy did, we won't have 'steady and fair trade system'. This does work in my favor as a dealer though.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I used to do something like this too, because my region was barely missing the requirements for a proper server bank.
Basically I offered Rad-Emerald exchange + Loans for collateral. I offered it for really valuable items though and obviously less than item worth (because I knew items were sometimes hard to sell) well that being said no one ever took out a loan, because they had to risk valuable stuff.