Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Holy Intervention

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
(This story will be mostly dialogue)

"Ugh.... my head..."
"People usually feel a bit groggy when it's their first time, I'm surprised Karl, we've been through this before"
"We.. have? I'm sorry, I can't remember waking up in a white room with a man dressed in white before, you'll have to forgive me"
"Oh, I'm very good at doing that. How are you feeling? Are you hungry?"
"I.. Yes?"
"You sound unsure, yet your stomach says otherwise. Here, have a bite of that sandwich in front of you, it's a regular tuna sandwich, just the way you like it"
".. How did you do that."
"Do what, Karl."
"The sandwich, it's t-"
"Please Karl I have a very busy schedule, I can't have you gasping every time I do something that seems impossible"

Karl, before rubbing his eyes and his head, took a large bite out of the neatly cut sandwich that had been placed before him, remembering the sandwich shop on the corner from his house as the juices made contact with his tongue.

"What do you think?"
"It's good. So, you are who exactly? MI5? FBI?"
"You'd think that wouldn't you, with the perfectly white room, the hospitality, but the slight tinge in the air suggesting that things are not quite alright, and you are here for a reason that is unlikely to be a good one."
".. Hm, my next guess would have to be a television show host, setting up an elaborate ruse just to make me eat a sandwich on camera."
"I can see why he likes you. Look, Karl, you seem like a nice guy, with your well kept hair and your mean exterior, so I'll just level with you, okay? You're here because he doesn't want you to be."
"Who, my landlord, because that's the only person who hates me less than you seem to."
"Oh, Karl, why play the defensive? I'm glad you could see through my ruse though, it sickens me to have to talk to you like we're almost equal."
"But we're not, are we"
"No, we're very much separated by fate it seems. Look, my brother and my father both need you, you seem to be the perfect person for the job he has set out for you"
"Which is?"
"Nothing you can't handle it seems," at this comment, the man begins to scratch the tables' metal surface, digging trenches out without so much as scratching his own nails.
"Look, you're going to have to be a little bit more clear with me, I can't seem to understand where you're coming f-"
"You want it more simplistic? Something a child would understand? Alright, you see this pawn in my left hand? This is you, you do what I say, you move, you die. Simple, right? Now, see this king in my right hand, this is your government, ordering you to take the fall while they sit back on the sidelines. They ask you to take a bullet, you take a bullet. Very simple. Now, if I place these two pieces on the table here.."

After a few seconds of admiring his own black chess pieces, he proceeds to flatten both at once with both hands, never once moving his eyesight from Karl.

"Do you see now?! I decide when you die, I decide what falls and what crumbles, if I ask you to go and gut your mother, you don't just go and do it, you come back and ask who's next!!"
".... Alright, so, it looks like someone didn't love you enough when you were a child, that's clear now, so, let me just say, thank you for that display, I'll be leaving now"
".. Please, feel free to leave, but let me ask you this. Where are you right now? Who am I? What is behind that door behind you, to the left? Can I kill you just by saying a word? Who holds all the cards right now."
"That all depends on who I'm talking to"
"Exactly, and who are you talking to Karl"
"..."
"Come on Karl, we've been through this before, back when you were a child, come on Karl.."
".. L-"
"There you go Karl! You've got it! You've put the pieces together! You remembered what happened in church when you were just a child, you saw me with your own eyes! And all you did, was-"
"Cry.."
"I heard the plan that father was concocting, even that long ago, y'see, he likes to plan ahead, so I thought I'd have a look at the competition"
"But.. I hallucinated, that was a d.. this is a dream."
"Good, good! I like it when you humans panic. Dance for me Karl, sing the song of ages where the ape tries to rationalise the situation. Don't think outside the box on this one Karl, think who made the box. Don't think that this is impossible, think who could make this possible. Don't look into my eyes, and see someone else, because I'm damned if you see anyone other than who I truly am!"
"You're right about one thing, you really are damned."
"Well, I can't argue with that one. Now..." at this point, pieces of the mans' face begin to peel away, but only in some areas. "I've come a long way to see you Karl, and you have two choices now. Stay here, with me, or leave through the door behind you, and enter a world of pain you have never felt before."
".. I think I'll wait for Gabe, if you don't mind, Lucy."