Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon A Poetic Conclusion

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
This is your warning that this story contains a few small instances of minor swearing.

Barely a moment after Eudoxius's eyes had closed, he was met with a feeling of comfort. Of warmth, of belonging, a feeling of having had everything he wanted in life. It took a few seconds for him to fully come in to focus, but when he did he gathered that he was in a small, dark room. It was his old room, in Nwalme's inn. He tried to move, but found himself constricted by the thick covers on the bed. In his rustling, he felt another body brush against him and he stopped. Eudoxius looked down to the other person in his bed with him, and what he found nearly stopped his heart.

The silver elf lied back down close against his lover with tears swelling in his eyes. He draped his arm over her body as he had done so many times in the past, and enjoyed her warmth. Eudo assumed that all of the time that had passed was simply a dream - a nightmare. Still, the elf found it very difficult to contain the tears he had been, and began to simply weep in to the woman's shoulder. She stirred after a bit, turning her head to look over her shoulder drowsily.

"What's wrong, my love..?" Zephyra Tel'Draaz'reke's soft but slightly rough voice spoke up in the darkness. Eudoxius did not reply, only holding her a bit tighter. But, the moor struggled, and she forced her body around to face him. With a gentle motion Zephyra's soft hand rested against Eudoxius's wet cheek, and she sleepily opened her eyes to look in to his.

"I... had thought I'd lost you. I had the most terrible nightmare," the silver elf said quietly, voice cracking with his words. "I made a terrible mistake, and you left me. And you hated me. And you wanted to kill me, and you wanted to take everything I'd ever loved. And I couldn't convince you that it was you that I had loved so much, that you were all I wanted in this shithole of a world. That you're all I'd ever really loved and-" he was cut off by the moor's lips meeting his, affection behind them, as well as worry.

"My darling, you worry too much," her sweet voice spoke up again. Eudoxius could not remember the last time he had felt the impact of her caring words, and it only made him break down further. "You know that will never happen. I'm with you for the rest of our lives, my dear," she said, as Eudoxius simply buried his face in to her shoulder.

Years has passed, flown by without much being noticed by Eudoxius. Once again he was happy. Over time he had come to raise two children and send them off in to the world. He had learned the basics of cogitation from Nwalme, who remained his best friend. Eudoxius felt as though he had lived a long and fulfilling life by the end, and even after Nwalme had died, he didn't feel as alone as he had in his nightmare; he had Zephyra again, and it was all he could ever have asked for.

But, as death drew closer and closer to Eudoxius, he felt very distant. The life he had lived finally started to seem unrealistic, in how perfect it had been. When lying in bed with his wife Zephyra, he felt a sharp twinge in his chest. The elf felt it grow deeper, and deeper, until it felt as though a sword was impaling his old heart. And he died there, beside the one person he loved more than himself.

Eudoxius opened his eyes, looking up in to the face of Rose. She was holding a poker and tapping his chest with it, to stir him from his goddess induced slumber.

Last edited:

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
What a poetic conclusion to a perfect dream. To be torn from the reality he should have had by the one who took it from him in the first place.
This almost made me cry....

Joking!

In all, just because the dream of the reality was lost, doesn't mean he can't get back again. Rose has been through /several/ boyfriends. Not once did she let them, after she broke up with them, destroy her. Rose and Eudo really need to sit down and TALK.

he had Zephyra again, and it was all he could ever have asked for.
That's what /he/ said. :heart:

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
In all, just because the dream of the reality was lost, doesn't mean he can't get back again. Rose has been through /several/ boyfriends. Not once did she let them, after she broke up with them, destroy her. Rose and Eudo really need to sit down and TALK.

i don't get it

zephyra wasn't a girlfriend, she was his fiancee. big difference. eudoxius wants to ruin rose because rose ruined his life.

no dreams were lost, either.

i'm confused.