Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Story: Lairèn Stormchild

LadyMara

Loyal Servant of Altera
That's still alot
Well... a chapter in a fantasybook is between 15 and 30 pages that are a bit smaller than A5, so that makes between 5 and 10 pages in Word, I think.
I limit the chapters to 5 pages so they won't be too long. From now I shall post a half chapter to limit the length of the walls I post, if that helps with reading.

LadyMara

Loyal Servant of Altera
For who's interested, the first part of Chapter 6 (the first 2 pages).

Chapter six, Lord Moran

As they entered the Temple Grove, Lairèn couldn’t move anymore. The only thing he could do was looking at the gate in front of him. He felt cold and warm at the same time. It was probably the most beautiful building he had ever seen. He wondered what the temple was like is only the gate looked like this. He held his breath and stood there frozen. He felt the slow beat of his heart in his chest. He stared at the structure before him.
Slender arches of white stone rose up to the sky between the massive stems of the trees. The gate was made of the same stone, the doors decorated with a complicated pattern that looked like roots on the forestground. On the gate stood a statue, a woman, winged, holding a shining, kite-shaped object. The soft glow of magic danced in the air around the object and the gate. It made the whole world look brighter and mysterious. Zarin took his hand and led him to the gate. Its doors swung open as they approached. Behind it the world was even more different.
Lairèn felt the world was really different here, like he had entered the realm of the spirits, it was so light and peaceful. A building made of slender arches and stained windows in wonderful colors was built between the trees. The light of the midday-sun made spots of light dance over the forest floor. Little sparks of magic flowed in the air around him. He sighed. Why isn’t the whole world so beautiful, he wondered. Bulbs of blue light hung in the branches in the trees. He sighed, he had never seen something like this in his whole life and he believed he would never see something that could be more beautiful than this place. Zarin led him to the building, he was silent as well. He seemed to be lost in thought, moving slowly.
Before the Temple entrance he stopped. “I’ve been here so many times, over the past nine years almost every day, and still it’s magic is the same. This is the most beautiful place on the planet. The most beautiful and peaceful place I’ve ever seen.” he said softly, he voice a bit trembling. Lairèn said nothing, he could only nod.
A woman in a silver dress approached them. “Lairèn, welcome to the Temple of Diahir.” He saw Zarin bowed. He did the same, but he did not know why. “I am Silwana, the Marúa, the keeper of the Stone.” The woman said, her voice was soft and melodic.
“My princess.” Zarin said.
“Zarin, is it time to go home already?” she asked surprised, looking at the sky.
“No, my princess, it’s just midday. I wanted to speak to Moran, is he around?”
“In the archives, as usual, asking me and grandma a thousand questions about prophecy.” Silwana said with a smile.
“Thank you, my princess.”
“I’m no longer a princess, Zarin, I’m the Marúa now. You were right, being angry with me, I was behaving like a spoiled little girl. I will do my duty now.” Lairèn saw how she reached and touched Zarins face. It was a soft touch, it showed affection. “I’m grateful for all the years you served me. Doing everything I asked for even if it was ridiculous. I release you from my service, the Temple Guard will look after me now.”
“Thank you, Marúa.” Zarin said. “Do I have permission to look for Moran?”
“You have.” she said and Zarin left. “He served me for nine years.” Lairèn looked at her, right in her stunningly blue eyes, half covered by her silvery blond hair. “Without any complaints, always doing his duty as my personal guard.” she sounded sad and smiled at the same time. “But you, Lairèn, have a different story. Walk with me please.”
He followed her into the Temple, even on the inside he had the feeling he was still in the forest. Seven groups of statues were placed in a circle, the Allerièní. She smiled at him. “It’s so wonderful, to see the look on people’s faces when they enter here for the first time.” she said. “And every time they come again, they are as amazed as the first time they came here.” Lairèn looked at her. Wearing her silver dress and with her long silvery hair, she looked like a supernatural being. Silwana walked towards the statues of Zaírd’lona and Nykon. “Your mother wants to speak to you.” she said and walked off.
Lairèn was shocked. He fell on his knees, the peacefulness of the Temple was not strong enough to banish his fears, not this fears. He wanted to scream. His mother? Did she know he was leaving? She would take him home immediately. Tears were burning in his eyes. And before he could stop them, they were already streaming over his cheeks.
“Lairèn, no need to cry.” a distant voice said. He looked up, his neighbor was standing beside him. “No one will take you away from me, ever.” She started to change slowly, brown hair became black, her eyes changed from brown to a deep blue color, a suntanned skin pale and her lips turned blue, like she was out in the cold for too long. The air around her seemed to shimmer, like she was not really there. He looked at her face, she was young and yet, her eyes seemed to be old.
“Zaírd’lona.” he whispered, feeling relieved, but could not stop crying. The Allerièn smiled at him. He felt a warmth in that smile that he had never felt before.
“Silwana has to learn a few things yet, my son.” she said. “I’m not your real mother, I can’t have children, but I care for you like a mother for her child.” He was still sobbing. Zaírd’lona sat down beside him and hugged him. “Don’t cry, no one will take you away from the Nightnimfs now.” She dried his tears with the sleeve of her dress.
Lairèn felt calmer, his head leaned against her chest. The Allerièn did not breath, but he heard a soft, steady heartbeat. “Will you leave me now?” he asked.
“I will never leave you, Lairèn, of all my creations, I love you most. I will always be watching over you.” she stroke his hair. “And I’ve been always watching over you.”
“I know.” he whispered. “I wished you were my real mother.”
“Dalya will be a good mother for you.” the goddess said. She let him go. “I went to the village and got your belongings.” She reached into the air. “And I have this gift for you.” She placed something in his hand. He looked at it, it was a silver necklace with a white teardrop-shaped stone attached to it. “Carry this till your twenty-fifth birthday, and you will be save for your own powers.” she said. Lairèn nodded and hung the necklace around his neck.
“Thank you, mother.” he said softly. She smiled at him and kissed him on his forehead.
“I’ll be watching over you, my son, always. But I have to leave, Nykon needs some help.” Zaírd’lona rose.
“I’ll miss you.” he said and got up as well.
“I’ll miss you too.” She hugged him and disappeared. Lairèn touched his necklace, the stone felt light, like it was glass. He sighed.
“I’m sorry I scared you.” Silwana stood beside him, handing him the bag. “I have to learn a lot of things yet, like the Lady of Live and Death said. Sometimes I choose the wrong words. Here are your possessions.” She looked at him for a while, he had the feeling her piercing blue eyes looked into his mind. “I’ll take you to Moran and Zarin now, hopefully they are not shouting at each other again.”
“Shouting?” He did not know Zarin but he seemed not the man to shout at someone else. And the Temple did not seem a place to be shouting at someone.
“Yeah, my uncle Moran is a really impatient man sometimes and forgets easily Zarins other tasks beside translating Demonic for him. I think he’s glad he no longer my personal guard.” Silwana smiled. “But now he has you to look after. Zarin is very kind, but he can be stern. Don’t make him angry, you won’t like that.” Lairèn nodded slowly. “He’s frightening when he’s angry, I was afraid he was going to change form, those black eyes looking into your soul.”
“Why was he angry with you?” he asked.
“Because I did not want to become the Marúa, I did not want this responsibility. He got angry when I told him. He said I was spoiled and that I should do my duty in protecting our country against the powers of Rízair. He started shouting at me and after that he went to see my mother. And she got angry as well.” Silwana smiled. “I know better now.”
Lairèn said nothing and thought about it. He wished he wasn’t afraid of Zarin. Silwana was right about him, he thought, he was a kind man, but frightening at the same time. There was something, something he could not really grasp yet, about Zarin, that made him a dangerous being, made you fear him without knowing why you did.
They entered the archives of the Temple. He heard raised voices in the depths.
“Oh no, not again.” Silwana sighed. “I hate it when they’re shouting like this.” She shook her head. “Come.”

Ella

Official Alteran
this is a very good book and I can't wait to see the next chapter CAUSE ITS SO COOL!!! Please hurry and make the book!!!!!