Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alex the dwarven outcast

Allexll

Villager
Name: Alex of… no not anymore, it's just Alex now.

Nickname/Alias: Whatever derogatory name anybody happens to call me

Race: Dwarf

Height:4'8" tad tall for a dwarf admittedly

Weight: 125lb, mostly muscle from mining for precious ores.

Hair: red/orange

Eyes: Ocean Blue

Skin: Slightly tanned skin as I have been in the sun for quite a while since I left my home.

Identifying Marks: An old family crest on my chest that is currently unrecognizable due to scars.

Appearance: Rather tall for a Dwarf with a neatly groomed beard and piercing blue eyes with strong features, also a dwarven family crest tattooed above his heart that has been covered in scars also gives off an air of sadness despite always seeming so happy.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strengths: Swordsmanship from almost constant sparing with dwarven nobles and mining because I had to mine to make a living after being cast out of my family.

Weaknesses and fears: Weak against arrows because I'm not used to fighting archers , fears spiders due to a… traumatic experience as a child and lava simply because once you go in, you aren't coming back out.

Religion and cults: No religion i.e. godless heathen

Profession: Currently city treasurer of Arevastia in Altera

Sorry this next parrt is so long, it's probably poorly written and boring, but who knows. i had to at least attempt, i would love any suggestions to make this less of a chore to read

Back-story: I was once a proud member of clan Steel-hand in the Dwarven metropolis of Dun'Tahl. Clan Steel-hand was a minor noble house in a city of politics, with my father at its head. Me being the first son was the rightful heir to the clans legacy, and the commoners supported me due to my generous nature. I would join them in their everyday labours and help ease the burden of hunger when hard times hit. My brother, who's name I shall never speak again, thought I was squandering my own fortune and should instead be taking form the commoners our "just dues". Naturally he would fear I would waste the entire clans fortune. Soon after the beginning of my 20th year our father became gravely ill. We both knew that our father would soon pass and I spent my entire personal treasury to try to find a remedy for his illness, however every apothecary, pries, and doctor I could find all told me he was lost. During this time my brother, as greedy as he is, spent a deal of his money to make alliances with other nobles. A month after I spent the last of my personal fortune my father passed, however it was not due to the illness, but a dagger through his heart. The only reason I knew this was because the city guard came to arrest me for this heinous act, and in my own grief I had no will to resist. I was immediately thrown into the dungeons and held there to wait for my trial. I was never told when my trial was to be, and only knew about it when the city guard came back for me to inform me that I had been outcast from the city. My brother had "convinced" the nobles that I was the only logical killer of my own father and that no real trial was necessary. So I went through the ceremony of the outcast, a ceremony in which you have your family crest slashed off of your chest until it is no longer visible under the blood, and then dragged out from the city onto the world above the ground. Grief stricken I began to wander aimlessly, stealing for food occasionally, but mostly just going hungry. I continued this journey until I came upon an enormous lake, with water that had the taste of salt. It seemed to be as endless as my sorrow. So I simply walked into it and never stopped until the entire world disappeared…
Then I awoke to find myself in a strange room full of trees and plants, only to learn that some sisterhood revived me. I paid them little heed as I marveled at my surroundings, and even more at my own continued life. I quickly left to explore my surroundings wondering where I was only to find out I was in a crypt. To make sure I was not one of the undead I quickly ran into the sunlight hoping I would not burst into flames. Seeing as I didn't I quickly noted that I was not an abomination as I had so feared. At this point I resolved to make something of my life that I was so graciously given back, I would abandon my clan name and forge my own identity in this new land. Quickly spotting a boat I hopped on and ended in some strange encampment. There were men and woman of all shapes, sizes, and races. Never before have I seen such a diversity of people in a single place at once. Slightly intimidated I walked with my head down until I unwittingly walked into a massive portal I admittedly should have seen. However I was to intimidated to go back and pressed onward until I was greeted by four more portals as my only way out. I hesitantly walked to the one straight ahead on the left.
Past this portal I found a land filled with nothing but sand and jungles, and I could barely find my way. I decided to follow my Dwarven heritage and fashion a pickaxe out of the wood that was so abundant in these jungles and proceed to go where my senses would kick in, underground. I used a measly weak wooden pick axe to get some stone to fashion stone tools. I quickly dug myself into the bowels of the land. Soon I found diamonds and quickly gathered iron to make a pick axe worthy of mining such a find. it was a marvelous dig for this geode held no less than 13 diamonds. However I should have heeded this number as the omen it was. Soon I found myself so famished that I could hardly walk, I managed to leave this realm and return to where the portals were. Unable to move I uttered one last cry for help… and it was answered. A kind noble by the name of Duke Montoya had come to me and given me food, he offered me a place in his noble house, and his city ofArevastia. He asked for all of this for nothing in return. For his kindness I gave him my diamond, and vowed to gather more to help fund this beautiful city. And as I said I would, I found him more and after I found some 20 diamonds for him he decided to bestow upon me the title of city treasurer where I would keep the treasures meant for this city…

Sorry this is ridiculously long, and probably poorly written, and boring, just figured i should try =\