Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alteran International Law (Opt-in and Discussion Thread)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
as in my previous post, I've noted that, as many people hastily suggested, I had been formulating a plan to get the leaders of the noble houses together in order to work out a unified legal system to fix the extreme cases of "Cowboy Justice."

in any case, here's an interest thread, where we can organize the effort to bring in law, set up RPs, blahbitty blah blah.

you opt in at this thread, so other people also interested in organizing justice can find you and set up a RP.

Character Name:
Character Job:
Affiliated Noble House:

I would like any discussion to be productive, polite, and reasoned, as well as on-topic. if you don't think this project will work, I'd advise you to either give a suggestion as to what would work, or simply not comment.

I also with to reiterate that I'm in no way a "ringleader" for this project, nor do I desire to be. I'm making this thread in order to organize the efforts of other roleplayers. I want no leadership position.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Character Name: Peter Hallon
Character Job: Landed knight, merchant.
Affiliated Noble House: Hallon. Lavoyard if Hallon doesn't count.

Character Name: Miles Holdsworth
Character Job: Lawyer
Affiliated Noble House: None

I would like to help with this and intended to do something similar when in charge of Stirling. The Stirling government has this type of system built in and would be a nice place to start. It has a "foreign council" that for months has gone nowhere; it would be nice RP to get this going.

I'm not so much interested in a single system of rules as I am in listing what options people have regarding basic legal principles. Different places will always have different laws and it's crazy to try to set up one set of laws to govern everybody. Even a central rule does not necessitate a central set of rules everybody must follow. What it would do is set parameters that the laws ought to fall into.

Also, I think this needs to be worked on out of character on the forums more than in character.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Character Name: Tybalt Rhett
Character Job: Primary Representative in everything dealing with House Marr.
Affiliated Noble House: Marr

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Character Name: Gondrick O'Bryan
Character Job: Patriarch of the O'Bryan Lucan Clan in Scourge
Affiliated Noble House: N/A (Lucan have no concept of nobility)

Wail I understand Lucan have no laws, I figured it would be important they have a voice in the discussion if it effects them

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
I suggest two ways for basic legal standards to come into Altera.
The first and simplest is to create a group which would ensure that basic standards are followed by the major powers of the world.
The second and I think more possible would be to convince the powers of the world to agree to some conventions. With most powers of the world following this treaty, any who do not will receive exterior pressure from those powers that do agree to the conventions.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Hierax already has an excellent legal system, which has proved effective before, so we're probably going to stick with that. Of course, @DraconDarknight is the one to talk to about any inter-kingdom treaties.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Character Name: Azure and Nireth Cerridwen
Character Job: Husband
Affiliated Noble House: N/A Azure co-manages Zima'maloj with Nireth. So while not a proper noble house we do hold the power there IC and OOC.

Also while I'm not completely sold on this idea, specifically how the end result will turn out, I am more than willing to be a part of this conversation. Even if I IC and OOC hate it, it sounds like some interesting RP so count me in.

Edited to include the waifu upon request. Also she holds all the IC and OOC power I'm just a pretty talking head. :p

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Think Marr is going to stick to its rather effective and simple way of handling criminals.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I would like to help with this and intended to do something similar when in charge of Stirling. The Stirling government has this type of system built in and would be a nice place to start. It has a "foreign council" that for months has gone nowhere; it would be nice RP to get this going.

I'm not so much interested in a single system of rules as I am in listing what options people have regarding basic legal principles. Different places will always have different laws and it's crazy to try to set up one set of laws to govern everybody. Even a central rule does not necessitate a central set of rules everybody must follow. What it would do is set parameters that the laws ought to fall into.

Also, I think this needs to be worked on out of character on the forums more than in character.
interesting thoughts.... hrm.

Spark

Broken
I think for a project like this to work, it needs to be done with careful IC planning, with a strong OOC and IC leader to pull it through. Someone like @Valonyx, who has experience with leading people to reach a joint goal. Simply getting names of people who may or may not be interested in a forum thread is a good way to see who is open to the idea, but I think everyone should be OOC open to this, it's just whether their character accepts it. Which is why this should be done purely IC when "recuiting" people to the cause and then having the OOC discussions with those people.

As an aside, should Charlotte ever learn of this she won't like it unless it goes through her. One of her IC goals is to create a spectrum of laws through the Turien alliance.

AdmiralAegir

Lord of Altera
Legend
Evaine
Evaine
Legend
Character Name: Ernhardt Blackrose
Character Job: Current Emperor of the previously known Silverian Lands
Affiliated Noble House: Blackrose

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend