Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Apology and Ban Appeal [Resolved- Unbanned]

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
This starts with an apology as to my behavior towards various members of staff, in particular Michcat and Naelwyn.

To Michcat, I'm sorry for being terse and frankly rude towards you on multiple occasions, when I felt I was in-justiced. I now realise that in both these cases you were the wrong person to bother, if anyone should have been bothered at all, as you were pre-occupied with more important tasks. My attempted interference with the attack on Azerport and subsequent removal was something I should have accepted or gone to the forums about instead of causing drama in OOC.

Naelwyn, I'm sorry for repeatedly bothering you in OOC about the lore of the Greylings, a race you yourself said you had wiped your hands clean with. While I would still like more knowledge on the current situation with reference to the changes made due to the loss of Grief's influence, I realise I went about gaining such in the wrong way and should have PMed you on the forums for information instead of demanding to know such in OOC.

To anyone else who I have accidentally bothered, insulted or aggravated I also apologise for incensing confrontation. What I see as funny and amusing may not be seen as such by others. In particular I believe I have stated controversial opinions opposite to those held by @mokwar and to you I also say sorry for aggravating you in a such a way.

The other three reasons I was banned follow;
Theft
Powergaming
Metagaming

As to theft, this could to my knowledge refer to two circumstances.

The first is that I "stole" 60k from the house of Aeyeras, and in particular Redocs. This is not that case, as although I did receive 60k from them to aid in the building of Dawnshard, when I realised I was going to be sklling Dawnshard to someone outside of the house I started raising money to repay the debt I owed to them. As soon as Dawnshard was sold I repayed this sum back into the house bank, however such may not have been obvious.

The second, and more likely circumstance, is that the theft is in reference to me taking items from the region korogs_standing. I was informed by the, to my knowledge, region's owner Seth_Jenkins that I could take whatever I wanted from the region. Believing that he still owned the region even though he had been absent from the server I went about taking anything I deemed as valuable from the region. After I had done such, I contacted l_e_m_u_r to inform him he had locked chests in the region, that he may want. This was done as I thought lemur had forgotten about the region, and that I was doing him a favour by informing him as to his potentially missing items. Also within this region I found my old RP items, which I still posses. After contacting lemur however I was informed by him that all the items in the region were his. After learning such I endeavoured to return everything I had removed to him, by inviting him into my pocket where everything remained, and informing him he could remove everything he thought was his from my storage.

As to powergaming:

I'm not sure in what situation this applies, but I can think of one. After breathing on someone with my earthspawn character in the inn, this person, once I had left him alone, came up behind me and slit the side of the character's throat. I felt this was completely unjustified but didn't want to take no injury, so after talking with Sally I decided that he was cut, but that the knife had luckily missed the major artery in the region. I'm not sure therefore how this was powergaming as I thought both myself and Sally had agreed that the outcome was satisfactory.

Metagaming:

I'm also unsure as to where this applies. There was a situation where upon the death of my character I brought another to the same location and after a short amount of other roleplay, brought him into the same roleplay, as it concerned an undead creature with which the greyling is very interested. While this might be seen as metagaming, such occurred within the Crossroads, an area frequently visited by all of my characters as there is a wealth of roleplay to be found within the area and so the fact the greyling was there was not damaging metagaming in the same way that setting up an RP with someone else in OOC is not damaging nor bannable.

Thank you for reading the appeal, sorry for any and all grammatical errors within it as about one paragraph in, my xenforo broke slightly and would not let me properly select items. Attached is a skype conversation I had with seth concerning the region.

There is sensitive information both sides of this conversation so I'm sorry for not being able to link this directly to his account, which might be a concern.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
As to theft, this could to my knowledge refer to two circumstances.

The first is that I "stole" 60k from the house of Aeyeras, and in particular Redocs. This is not that case, as although I did receive 60k from them to aid in the building of Dawnshard, when I realised I was going to be sklling Dawnshard to someone outside of the house I started raising money to repay the debt I owed to them. As soon as Dawnshard was sold I repayed this sum back into the house bank, however such may not have been obvious.
Since our name been brought up now I will make this post, as Aeyeras is supposedly directly involved now.

None of us said anything at all.
You pretty much immediately answered after I asked for our 60K for the plots back.
And since you already paid the sum back in by the time I asked you, there was no reason to talk to any admin at all. In fact I couldn't have as I didn't have a working MC client for like 2 weeks.

So yeah that is definitely not what the admins were referring to, and at least to my knowledge, no one who could have known anything about said 60k(which you payed back anyway) reported it.
And why would we? the 60k were back with us, we had no reason to.

Last edited:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I was able to log on today due to an issue with the banning system, likely due to 1.9. I asked in OOC for someone to contact staff about this to get the account banned. I was trying to log on to see how long I had left on my ban.

In addition, it seems Aewin has taken slightly more than his own items back; I was left with only 13 redstone blocks and 17 diamonds, with the addition of other items. Uhm, if it's possible that the items can be properly moderated back to me so that I'm not punished for a mistake, that'd be a nice thing to come back to.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I was able to log on today due to an issue with the banning system, likely due to 1.9. I asked in OOC for someone to contact staff about this to get the account banned. I was trying to log on to see how long I had left on my ban.

In addition, it seems Aewin has taken slightly more than his own items back; I was left with only 13 redstone blocks and 17 diamonds, with the addition of other items. Uhm, if it's possible that the items can be properly moderated back to me so that I'm not punished for a mistake, that'd be a nice thing to come back to.
Doublechecked with the logs, the stuff taken from your pocket exactly mirrored the items you looted from Korogs Standing. As far as I'm aware it was removed after consulting Hawkeye logs to get the exact amounts. One of your chests precisely mirrored what had been removed from Korogs Standing.

This is a tempban, so you don't technically have to appeal. You will be unbanned at the end of the duration. However- If you conveniently 'forget' to return any exceedingly rare or enchanted items (We discovered through Hawkeye you only remembered to return the inexpensive items you had stolen), or forget to return any items at all, you will be permanently banned. Your RP items that were taken from the regions owned by Lannis also need to be returned, and you two can communicate as whether to hand them back over, as it would normally go (I'm can't see why Lannis wouldn't be happy to oblige, but technically the items belong to him).
Seth_Jenkins hasn't had any semblance of region ownership on this server in almost two IRL years. Furthermore, you should seek to find the current owner of the region (Stand within the region and use /region info, as listed in the Survival Guide) before doing anything with it, especially before looting it.

Part of the ban was also in due to many, many recorded disputes (With evidence) revolving around your behavior. When you return, you will be on a 'probation' of sorts and will be permanently banned if this behavior continues.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Alrightey, shall convey my understanding of the various charges being addressed.
Powergaming
The event in question was with Pointytooth in the Crossroads, though I'm not sure we're thinking of the same one. Logs posted show you involved in an altercation with one BLarg's "Louis," who repeatedly shanks Pointy in the gut whilst the Earthspawn continues business-as-usual in overpowering him and bashing his head against the floor with absolutely no reaction via either emote or behavior.

This indeed pertains to Korog's Standing. As Mich has ninja'd my response (:heart:), no need to go in to detail. It's currently considered theft on the basis of: a) your returning a portion of the mundane items but "forgetting" to return all of the items rare or valuable, of which there were many. b) the fact that somewhere upwards of half the total volume of your storage has so far been comprised of items confirmed missing from Korog's standing and taken by you. I've moved disputed items to a separate part of your storage in the quantities that Hawkeye confirms.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Oh, one more thing needs potentially addressing:

I was banned on the 10th of February for one month. This means my un-ban time should be the tenth of march, however the server updating to 1.8 means that this timer reset, and I was able to log on. I then informed Cloud of roughly the correct time of my unban, but I'm unsure whether I got the time completely right. If I cannot log on by the tenth, due to the automatic temp-ban system, I ask that someone manually unbans me.

Thank you!

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Ehm, bump I should've been unbanned by now but due to the issues with swapping over to 1.8 I haven't been. ;)