Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Appeal] Please sir, may I have some more? [Resolved - Unbanned]

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
As a result of my own decision to wait a bit before appealing combined with the urging of numerous people for me to appeal immediately and the advice of a trusted member of the management, I've decided to appeal today, just about a week after the date of my ban.

To start off, I know several of you have wondered why it is I've been banned. It was the cumulative add-up of a few shady actions on and around the community over the course of my year and a half here. Those points will be addressed here in my appeal to the community for acceptance back.

I'll be honest with anybody choosing to read this - I didn't ever foresee myself having to write an appeal, and I am thoroughly embarrassed that I have to. To have invested this much of my life and emotion into this community and broken the rules I did to the extent requiring a ban is embarrassing to me. And I should be embarrassed, I am right to be; my actions have brought about an end to my privilege to devote time and effort to this community, one of my favorite things to do.

I can begin with one of my earliest shady actions - it actually ended with me being temporarily banned for three days. During a running joke in OOC I swapped my name with IceandFire's real life name and gave it away without his consent. At the time I apologized to Ice and had thought that he didn't mind as much as he did, but it is clear that he did; and so, I apologize to Icefire once again with full remorse.

Another incident will have been during my time in the council. I will be quite vague in the interest of not upsetting that subject more than it still is; I spent nearly five or six hours working on a proposal to the council section, and, in my pride for it, discussed it in minimal though enough detail with a close friend at the time. Though she hasn't spread any sort of information around as far as I am aware or told anybody else anything I told her, I do see and have seen for a long time the wrongness of breaching that trust and confidentiality to discuss it with her. I am not appealing to rejoin the council with this thread, so I will move on from that subject.

Following a few other incidents I've not kept the best track of (and the staff handling my case has told me that reports were vague), most recently were the following two points; my decision to engage in incestual RP one week ago, and my decision to post a reply on a ban appeal that did not concern me in any way.

In regards to the first, I can simply say that I was not aware of private incestual RP being against the rules. At the time, it was not listed in the Inappropriate thread; in fact, I was the reason it was put there, as far as I am aware. During a private RP with Alanna Rhett, we OOCly goofed about and decided to have them kiss while drunk due to a long running joke regarding the shipping of Archaeus and Alanna. This was indeed as far as it went, and as far as it was intended to go. Especially on the server. With the newly instated rules regarding that sort of thing on the Inappropriate thread I am easily capable of understanding and following the limits and quite honestly plan on just staying away from it if I am accepted back into the community.

The second bit - about the reply to the ban appeal - was something I should not have done. It was the tipping point leading into my permanent ban as a result of my not looking hard enough to find rules regarding posting in ban appeals, though they have been explained to me by the staff handling my case since then. I was in no way related to RexTom's ban, and it wasn't the best course of action to blindly give support based on what only she had told me regarding the ban - I can very easily see that now.

So, in summary, I am sorry. I do hold true remorse in regard to all of the details; I don't want to have to depart from this community, because I have made incredible friendships here and developed incredible stories that have yet to conclude. While I understand the caution and perhaps even disfavor in allowing me to return, I would implore the management at the very least consider that I am completely remorseful and embarrassed over the situation, and understand that I give my word to resume upholding and displaying respectable and professional behavior when interacting with this community.

Hollowworld is one of the most important things to me, and definitely is my favorite place to spend my time, even after such a long run. I would appreciate another chance more than I can put into words. Thank you for reading this appeal.

--Glados / Zachary / Glaods / Whathaveyou

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Alrighty, I'll be unbanning you, (Already did because bans were broken and I thought "Why not try it-") and I have read through this entire appeal.

I'm not sure if I can say anything useful, but I suppose I would like to say that it doesn't matter how long someone's been on the server, that up-keeping the rules is just as important as when we join the server. I'm not sure if you read the Staff Newsletter this week- but the ToC was updated recently and a few rules in the King's Law were moved around/reworded so while I'm sure you'll follow the rules- I'm mentioning it here to be careful (And hopefully people who read ban appeals will now go check it-)

Anyway! I've only unbanned your Glados__ account, and I'm a biiit forgetful, could you name your other accounts as well?