Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Card Games galore

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
So I've been a Magic the Gathering nerd for a while now (Almost 5 years) and I thought about the people who might have requested cards to be made from me, but aren't quite sure what everything means. Having taken that into thought, I decided to do a video that would describe how to play an average game of magic, and will be posting it either sometime this week, or next (I'll edit the video to add it) And will be bringing a few of my RL friends to help explain the game, as well as mayhaps showcase an average game of EDH (Be warned, they can take a while and a few of us can get triggered XD) for any who'd like, I'll be doing a stream tomorrow to go over just the basic rules of MAgic in general, rather than any of the formats, and I might even build a few viewers' decks that they'd request via chat!

While on the subject of card games, I will also be doing a segment on Hearthstone later in the month when the new expansion has been released, that stream will mostly detail opening of packs (A LOT of packs, I've been saving up gift cards from presents and winning local tournaments) building a deck that I intend to be serious, and building a deck to watch fun stuff happen.

That being said, the stream will go live tomorrow at 6pm EST on twitch.tv/CyberChaosV2
Any questions? Feel free to post below!

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
I stopped playing MTG when everyone in my town started using designer decks, paying astronomical amounts for one card...

Every so often I'll buy a booster, though. For old times sake..

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I stopped playing MTG when everyone in my town started using designer decks, paying astronomical amounts for one card...

uh yeah.... astronomical ;>.> *looks at $90 card in deck*

Tarron

Lord of Altera
I tried to get into it, but it's expensive. And the people I knew that played it weren't people I enjoyed being around. Which is unfortunate, because I know it's an enjoyable game.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I tried to get into it, but it's expensive. And the people I knew that played it weren't people I enjoyed being around. Which is unfortunate, because I know it's an enjoyable game.
Well, sorry to hear that, and it can be an expensive game if you make it into one, but hopefully you'll enjoy the videos I post as well as the stream :)

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Well, sorry to hear that, and it can be an expensive game if you make it into one, but hopefully you'll enjoy the videos I post as well as the stream :)
I'll definitely be checking that out! I have a bunch of my cards with me at college, I just don't know enough to make a non-terrible deck. :p

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera

*dusts off her alpha black lotus that never gets used* Huh?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I'll definitely be checking that out! I have a bunch of my cards with me at college, I just don't know enough to make a non-terrible deck. :p
well, if you watch the stream and comment, I can help you make one :D I'm not the best, but I have a decent idea of what I'm doing, though your cards may be a bit on the expensive side.
*dusts off her alpha black lotus that never gets used* Huh?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
So I completely forgot about the Magic Deck making session that I was going to do, would be willing to do that this thursday/Friday if anyone's interested. Would also be fine with showing you guys how I make the magic cards for the HW: The Gathering set :p And am willing to take requests when I do so.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
ayyyyy, I tried making a sort of guide on EDH, though I had to split it into 2 videos because I got interrupted partway through. If I left some questions you have unsanswered, let me know! enough of them and I might just make a MAgic Q&A on the forum, or even schedule a Q&A for Magic video someday, in the meantime, post questions here and I'll answer them if you're interested :)

1st Video (~5 minutes long, had to help Grampa with moving in): https://www.twitch.tv/cyberchaosv2/v/70899074

2nd Video (~25 minutes long): https://www.twitch.tv/cyberchaosv2/v/70900682

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Saw the title "Card Games galore" and was hoping this was a catch-all card game thread.

But I will say, since multiple people have already talked about how expensive Magic is, that there is an alternative. LCGs, or Living Card Games. LCGs are non-collectible card games, which means that when you buy a set, you get the max allowed copies (usually three, depending on the game) of each card for that pack. Most packs come with twenty or so unique cards, and are fifteen bucks. These packs come out about once every two months. I dropped Magic a long time ago because I couldn't afford to stay competitive, but $15 every other month is no problem at all. There are a number of LCGs, most of them made by Fantasy Flight Games, that range from 1v1 experiences like Magic, to team games, and there's even some Co-op card games versus a autopilot "evil" deck. For those that want to play great card games but can't afford to plunk hundreds (if not thousands) down on magic, I heavily suggest looking into LCGs.

Parting note - My two favorite LCGs at the moment are Game of Thrones and Netrunner. Links on both names are tutorial videos done by FFG and are amazing quality, check them out if you're interested.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Saw the title "Card Games galore" and was hoping this was a catch-all card game thread.

But I will say, since multiple people have already talked about how expensive Magic is, that there is an alternative. LCGs, or Living Card Games. LCGs are non-collectible card games, which means that when you buy a set, you get the max allowed copies (usually three, depending on the game) of each card for that pack. Most packs come with twenty or so unique cards, and are fifteen bucks. These packs come out about once every two months. I dropped Magic a long time ago because I couldn't afford to stay competitive, but $15 every other month is no problem at all. There are a number of LCGs, most of them made by Fantasy Flight Games, that range from 1v1 experiences like Magic, to team games, and there's even some Co-op card games versus a autopilot "evil" deck. For those that want to play great card games but can't afford to plunk hundreds (if not thousands) down on magic, I heavily suggest looking into LCGs.

Parting note - My two favorite LCGs at the moment are Game of Thrones and Netrunner. Links on both names are tutorial videos done by FFG and are amazing quality, check them out if you're interested.
Magic is certainly expensive, but for a format like EDH (Which is really the only one I play, as well as the one I talked about in the videos above) you don't really need expensive cards. I'll admit that a deck usually costs ~$100, but for a 99 card deck +1 for your commander, that's rounded to about $1 per card. I've seen decks that cost about that much, maybe a bit less, still give other decks, that were much more expensive and competitive styled a hard time and win since EDH is mostly a free for all game. I can't really say I'd get into what you're talking about, but it does sound interesting.