Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Celebrant's Application [Approved - Niko]

Celebrant

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

Celebrant

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when a player uses information they gained through OOC means to give their character an advantage, for example: player A learns that players B and C are planning to have their characters get in a fight, then player A has his character warn player B's character of the upcoming fight, though player A's character couldn't possibly know of it.
Powergaming is when a player's character is impossibly powerful, in a way that takes away another player's control over their character, specifically without their permission, for example: player A has a character do a roundhouse kick that breaks player B's spine, paralyzing them from the waist down, even though player B did not agree to this.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jase, who welcomed me back recently.

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a Canadian. I like playing other games, such as Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, and some retro gaming on the NES and SNES. I like to read fantasy and science fiction, with some horror, and I want to read more detective fiction. I like cycling and taking walks. I enjoy listening to metal, rock, hip hop, down tempo trance, uplifting dance music. I have tried writing in the past as a hobby, but haven't produced anything in a long time, though I plan on it now that I have a lap top.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't, but I would like to share something later. I used to roleplay a lot on GaiaOnline, that was fun, but ages ago.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No referral, I found this server in 2012 and played here for a time in the City of Warstrom, but it's been a while and I don't even know if it exists anymore. I look forward to finding out if it does, and if it doesn't, I'll find a new home.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Celebrant

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
He has short, blonde hair, hazel eyes, stands 5'10", weighs 170lbs, with a light tan complexion. He has a strong nose, high cheek bones, and a scar on the left upper lip. His shoulders are square and well built, and his physique is well defined, with pronounced forearm muscles and big knuckles. He has strong legs and defined calves. He has a fairly serious demeanor, but a quick smile too. He wears white leather over his arms and torso, and white leather leggings. He has wears a white leather cap with blue streaks, and a red gemstone on his forehead. He has a blue/grey leather cuirass, and blue epaulets that stream down his arms a little, and a blue sash around his midsection. He wears green leather gloves and boots, with gold trim.

Written Test!
Celebrant came from the Northlands. He learned patience and kindness, and studied hard. Chaos was everywhere though, and he had to do his part to protect his people. Eventually he followed them to a new land, and they traveled until they found a place to settle down.
With his people, he felt at ease, but a little too at ease. He wanted to find new friends, but felt obliged to help out his brethren. Years passed, and finally he had enough.
One day he looked around at this fellows, and saw that they were doing well. He began to make plans to leave, even though his family wanted him to stay among them and become a leader. However, Celebrant still had a desire to seek out new peoples and new civilizations, and chafed at the thought of being bound to his tribe.
The day came at last when he was prepared. He did not feel wiser, or stronger, but he felt ready. It was time to move on.
His people were sad to see him go again, and he would miss them. However, the road was calling, and down that road lay the rest of Altera. Just as he was leaving, a man came to him, and said that the next time he returns, it would have to be as a Lord of Altera. Celebrant laughed, and reminded the man that Lords are not free to come and go as they please. However, the thought did entice him.
He set out that day, happy and excited, because at long last he would be adventuring to new lands. He had heard stories about the new lands he was journeying too, but they were all too little. There was more to see than to hear.
As he traveled, he learned what he could of the world. He caught up on some events, but things are always difficult to learn when they are passed down through many mouths. There were new races and peoples that had sprung up, and hearing of them only made him more excited. What strange things might he see in his future?
At long last he found himself in the grove. It was a dark and cool place, but peaceful. He lingered there for several days, and swam in the pools. He idled before the strange structure that sat in the heart of the grove, and wondered at this pagoda of mixed stone and wood. It was like nothing he had ever seen before, and it left an imprint in his memory, and a taste of what could come next.
Into the depths of the crypts he ventured, and he again found himself wondering at what he saw. They looked decrepit and old, and maybe that was appropriate. The size of the cobwebs alarmed him, because he had fought cave spiders before, and hated their venom. However, no cave spiders lived in those crypts, which perhaps spoke to the sacred nature of the crypt he was exploring.
Time enough passed, and Celebrant again went forth. He found a ladder on his way out, and climbed it, and found a viewpoint of the grove. He took it in one last time, then went to find the elf. He leapt down from on high, just in front of the elf called Mairin, though she was not in the least surprised. It was almost like she was expecting him. Mairin informed him that he had to find a man named Gadifane, who was at the docks.
Celebrant proceed down the stairs, and reached a bridge that lead to a boat. He crossed the bridge with it's variety of materials, and wondered ever more about the new and interesting lands he was bound to find. He made it to the landing, but hesitated again. He was not quite ready to leave, and had to contact a harbour master before he would be allowed to make the voyage. And so he made his presence known, and reached out to those who would hear him, and made his case as best he could to be granted passage to Saryn Shore, to find the man Gadifane, and whatever adventures that would come his way.

(Oops, wasn't counting words as I went, and made double the amount. Sorry, I hope that's alright. Thanks!)

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there, thank you for taking the time and effort to make this application to Hollowworld and welcome back. As you may have seen, a great many things have changed on this server since 2012. I'll outline them below.

- I'm not sure when the cutoff was, but the loremaster of the time in 2013 initiated a 2000 year IC timeskip which would subsequently mean any character from before that is now over 2000 years old and a legacy character. As there are certain policies in place when submitting an application with legacy characters, I suggest asking someone on the staff team whether you can apply with this character. Personally, I suggest starting fresh with a brand new character. In my experience, I have always had more fun coloring a blank slate with adventures rather than starting off with a character with a rich backstory.

- On another note, we only allow characters to start off with leather armor and iron weaponry. It may seem punishing but we wish for new characters to acquire better gear from IC interactions with other characters or campaign events. As your character would be considered a legacy character, I would also bring up his equipment with staff should you still choose to use Celebrant in your application.

Other than that, your application is well written and I thank you again for putting the effort in to make it. I look forward to reading your application once more.

Celebrant

Lord of Altera
Hi, okay 2000 years is a long time, I can't reasonably see my character being legacy in that case. He was human after all. I will probably use this one again but simply modify it so that it isn't my old character.
I will downgrade his armour too.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Oh yeah, should I make a new application, or can I just edit this one?
Just jumping in for Niko here, as I can answer this one --

There is no need to make a new application, feel free to edit this one : )

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Apologies for not mentioning this earlier, but what exactly do you mean by, "a red gemstone on his forehead" in the Appearance section?

Celebrant

Lord of Altera
It's a decorative gemstone of red on the forehead of the leather helmet, no special functions. It's not literally in my forehead, but I guess that might not be apparent. I could change it to something more mundane if gems are forbidden for entry-level characters, like a carved hematite, or perhaps a shard of redstone.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
That should be fine because....

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.