Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Contest] Pylae

Turntwiin

I think I might like it here
In a distant undeveloped plane of existence, there was a sphere of earth. It had potential, and opportunity. However, it was desolate and alone in the universe, grafted onto a rift of time and space that no one so far had come across. But on the surface of this world, ah yes... there was a consciousness. It was faint, yes, but it blossomed. She was the first to walk upon the desolate lands of this new earth. She took the form of a ram. Time stood still, making it near impossible for this world to progress. She frowned upon this, and through her willingness, brought time unto the rift. She became the first, Ares.

As time passed, the consciousness in the lands birthed an ox. One of gentle kindness, and strength. He looked around and frowned through the soft darkness. There was no breeze to fly through his fur happily. Nor any sky to bring shielding from the deep black void overhead. He sighed sadly, and through this sigh, he birthed the first breath. He summoned more wind, and more, making a softer sky of nice gray hues, and clouds to dance through that sky. He stood beside the ram and declared himself, Taurus.

Again, another came to be. But there were two this time. There were two men, boys really, who looked around distastefully. There was much gloom around this place. They looked to each other and raised their heads in agreement, swearing to be the protectors of doom. They became the protectors of this young world. They declared themselves Gemini

Another birthed. This time a lion. She bounded around happily and roared, sparking imagination into the minds of the others. She took on many forms, and seemed to be the only of the current four to be able to shift her body into the shapes of others. She became the patron to imaginative children, and thinkers, and declared herself, Leo.

This time, a woman emerged from the consciousness of the universe. She was tall with beauty pouring from her features. She looked upon the dreary world and it's young inhabitants and held them together, mothering them and nurturing, providing warmth and encouragement. Armed with the first feelings of love, she joined the twins in protecting the new earth, and became the first mother to them all. She declared herself Virgo, divine mother.

A dragon-like youth then strutted into existence, confidence in her in her red eyes. She was armed with a sword and a scale, and when she was called upon by the others, she saw with her ears. She lifted her scales and set law to the lands, and the first mountains sprung under her claws, and flatland grew and the land developed and shaped to her new law. She joined with the lion and under their union, the first green to ever grace the land began to spiral and grow. She declared herself Libra and kept justice with her scales.

A scorpion then scurried through a crevice in the rocks, and grew to the size of the lion. She grinned with her terrible pincers and clacked noisily, scurried silently, and whispered doubt and discord among the seven. But she also provided challenge. For one day when the seven were bickering, the Mother spoke above the others, "Let us stop this vile creature and join together once more!", so they rose against the scorpion, who fell into rank and spoke, "But you see, I have also gifted you. Bravery and union! Was that not what you just had?", and was set free to speak with them freely as the creator of these powerful traits. She declared herself, Scorpio, and became the patron of bravery and ambition.

A great steed of man and horse, galloped across the plains and into the beings' court. He slammed his hooves against the stone, and sent sparks, birthing fire upon the broken twigs on the stone floor. He gazed into the eyes of the avatars and stated calmly, "We have great need of illumination. I hath brought it upon those who seek progress in this darkened land." and with the fire in his hands he hurled it through the clouds and set the heavens alight. The sun was born. "This fire will not last. For twelve chimes of the hour, the fire will go out. We shall still have light though, for I have a solution." and with all his might he hurled a great white stone into the heavens, soon vanishing beyond the intensity of the sun. Thus the night and day were created. He declared himself Sagittarius and took up the hammer of the forge and the bow to protect the heavens.

Again, through time an odd creature stepped forward. A hippocampus of sorts. With the front of a goat and the back of a fish, he sighed and fell upon the ground. "I have not a place of mine own, o brothers and sisters of what great miracle of life were are born!" he exclaimed, and with that, a man bearing a jug stepped forward. He boomed as such, "Comrades! I come bearing a gift! My sisters and I bring water. May it quench your thirst and keep you cool!" and then spread the water from his jug into the heavens and across the land. Oceans sprung from his hands, and rivers danced out of his head, giving further life. From the jug then sprung two fish, one black and one white. They spun and shimmered and let a choice few of their scales fall into the vast blues. Fish began to swim! Dolphins danced, and sharks did prey and the ocean was full! The great goatfish leapt into the sea and created storms to help the new world grow. They declared themselves the rulers of this new aquatic kingdom, and announced their names. Capricorn, the Goatfish. Aquarius, the bearer. And Pisces the twin fish.

All twelve of them helped the world evolve and grow, and soon enough, others came. Humans walked the land for the first time. Planets took shape, and the rifted universe grew and blossomed. But a shadow soon fell across the evolution of man. A being of hate and spite planted seeds of war into man's mind and pitted them against each other. He whispered evil thoughts and sparked hateful ideas. Soon man was tearing each other apart. The grand twelve rose against him, but failed. And in their retaliation, created a new race of humans. They were ashen in skin, and had mighty horns like the bull, ram, and goat. They were adaptable to water. And could take up any craft. They became the Tororu and quelled the humans rage, teaching them how to survive, and craft beautiful things. The evil being, subdued, slipped into a deep sleep. The tororu brought the humans knowledge, and from the human and tororu union, a new civilization was born.

The twelve, seeing it fit to seclude, found home in the heavens, in the stars. They named the world "Pylae", rift, and watched over it from afar. They could land on the surface whenever they wished, with the help of Taurus and his clouds.

For many centuries, it was good. Little divine intervention was going on, aside from the occasional godly hero now and again, and man/tororai had become more independent. New races had been born from the two, (With a little divine intervention) There became Mermen-like creatures known as the Navita, the ground dwellers known as the Minutor, the woodland folk, such as fae and dryads, and several crossbreeds. But the evil one who slumbers could awaken at anytime. War will break out. Thousands will suffer. It is only a matter of time.