{ Culture } Silvians

Squidziod

Sea Dweller
Staff member
Squidziod
Squidziod
So the pronunciation is most like which one of these?
  • [sill-VEE-arns]
  • [sill-VEE-air-ns]
  • [seel-VEE-ahns]
The thing at the top makes it looks like it's the first or second one, but from what I understand about the Spanish language and it's (basic) pronunciation, the third one should be most consistent with the culture. If not everything is going to follow the same phonetic rules, that's fine too, but I know that most of these cultures based of of real life cultures try to stay consistent. I admittedly might be wrong about the pronunciation, so I guess... Cukie1

I really did the Spanish culture though, think using real cultures to inject a little flavor into our world is great. Anhald and Lavoyard are great examples of when it's done well, so I don't see why this can't be similar.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Retired Council Member
So the pronunciation is most like which one of these?
  • [sill-VEE-arns]
  • [sill-VEE-air-ns]
  • [seel-VEE-ahns]
The thing at the top makes it looks like it's the first or second one, but from what I understand about the Spanish language and it's (basic) pronunciation, the third one should be most consistent with the culture. If not everything is going to follow the same phonetic rules, that's fine too, but I know that most of these cultures based of of real life cultures try to stay consistent. I admittedly might be wrong about the pronunciation, so I guess... Cukie1

I really did the Spanish culture though, think using real cultures to inject a little flavor into our world is great. Anhald and Lavoyard are great examples of when it's done well, so I don't see why this can't be similar.
Given it ends with an n and the power of the word is in the second syllable, making it what's known as llana in Spanish, so pronunciation is more akin to the third one, yes. Spanish grammar is weird.

Edit: This is me going by how Ruu wants it pronounced

Ruu

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Syphei
Syphei
Blessed
slightly updated, I've written a short clothing design and demographics as well as moved a few things around
Food and delicacies coming soon