Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Do people roleplay out themselves?

Rue

Lord of Altera
Mystic
PrettyBones
PrettyBones
Mystic
nah not really

i aint a hug goat
or a dark skinned swindler
or a bird poet
or a pious knight

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Does changing the way a character acts upon something about him/her make it the same as you, because ultimately you share that thing in common? Or because it is being taken differently, is it considered different because that isn't exactly you?
anigif_enhanced-19983-1494431875-1.gif

Spooksy_

Lord of Altera
Legend
malaoka
malaoka
Legend
I try to make my characters vary from myself greatly in personality, but in the end, they always somehow morph into having many of my major personality aspects. The plus side is that I can be more bold through them, or more argumentative. I can't ever play mean characters, though. I've tried.

I also know that I can't play myself, as it makes for boring rp. In the past, I made a halfling with my exact (or as close as possible) personality. It was hard because I rarely reach out to people, and I try to keep to myself. I'm very uninteresting and that makes it so that it's boring to play, and it's boring for others to interact with my character.

Also I'm in school so I'm half paying attention to what I'm writing lmao

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
I will admit that Nia was a large part myself though she's much better looking, far more athletic, and much more social than I will ever be. Pretty much all of my other characters always have my rabid curiosity, childish playful nature, and hellish insecurity complex though I do try to vary them considerably in their behavior and views of the world.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
My characters are "types", drawn out from parts of me.

So Winter is taking my extrovert way of expression and drama acting, and turning it up so it becomes somewhat of a type.

I basically just use my acting experience to create types, so it is easy to take on the character as a costume, and then take it off when I am done RPing.