Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Dream of Madness

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
I've just written this now: a dream from the perspective of my current main, Star. It was a spur of the moment thing. Inspired a little by Lyrin Falenmor 's character, who I briefly describe in this. Also a mention of ZeroOrgan 's Edel.

I'm in a huge temple, surrounded on all sides by endless, starkly white rows of pillars, stretching into the darkness

It's quiet, cloyingly quiet, and I can feel it watching me. Something terribly ancient, something terribly dangerous, and something terribly... mad.

The tang of blood clogs my mouth and my nostrils. It excites me, fills me with the scent of the hunt, and at the same time terrifies me.

I start to venture forward. My boots should be echoing clomps across the marbled floor, but there is no sound. No sound at all. I can't even hear myself breathe.

As I walk through the veritable forest of pillars, which are so bright and white amidst the dark that their colour seems to be screaming at me, I see a shape emerge in front of me. It's rectangular in form, sort of like a crude coffin, reaching up to about the height of my waist and the length of about two men laid down end to end. When I get closer, I see that its a small pool. The water is grey, dirty. Dead flies float on the surface. I look down into the still liquid and see myself reflected there.

But not that me. Not the young human girl, timid and heartfelt. A wolf. I bear my teeth and growl, and so does my beastly reflection.

Then there's a noise. Its quiet at first, but I notice it because its the first sound I've heard. It sounds like every tone in the world, every note detectable to the ear, is being played at once. It's beautiful and agonising at the same time. As it gets louder, it seeps into my head, bulges against the inside of my skull, blurs my vision.

On the other side of the pool, a few metres away, it comes, clicking out of the dark. I think I'm screaming, but all I can hear is that beautiful, horrible noise. I can see shadows swirling and dripping from its body like tar as it draws nearer. There's something else, too. Flashes of white fangs. The glinting of a hundred pupils. Underneath it strides a young bearded man. He's screaming too.

I look at it and turn my scream into a howl, reaching over my shoulder for the Wolfblade. But its not there, and I don't have a chance. I can still feel the metallic taste of blood.

The shadow sinks into me, and claims me for its own.

Something flashes as I lose myself to the noise. A word.

J I S H R I M

Then I'm sitting up, in bed. In a room. An inn. The Storm's Landing inn.

I'm safe. I'm sane.

I hug my knees to my chest along with the blanket, and look down at Edel next to me, reach down and brush a lock of her behind her ear. She really is beautiful.

And look - the sun is rising. Warm rays glide through the window and caress me, reassure me.

Shadow is coming. But until it gets here, I will enjoy the light.

Lyrin Falenmor

Villager
I've just written this now: a dream from the perspective of my current main, Star. It was a spur of the moment thing. Inspired a little by Lyrin Falenmor 's character, who I briefly describe in this. Also a mention of ZeroOrgan 's Edel.

I'm in a huge temple, surrounded on all sides by endless, starkly white rows of pillars, stretching into the darkness

It's quiet, cloyingly quiet, and I can feel it watching me. Something terribly ancient, something terribly dangerous, and something terribly... mad.

The tang of blood clogs my mouth and my nostrils. It excites me, fills me with the scent of the hunt, and at the same time terrifies me.

I start to venture forward. My boots should be echoing clomps across the marbled floor, but there is no sound. No sound at all. I can't even hear myself breathe.

As I walk through the veritable forest of pillars, which are so bright and white amidst the dark that their colour seems to be screaming at me, I see a shape emerge in front of me. It's rectangular in form, sort of like a crude coffin, reaching up to about the height of my waist and the length of about two men laid down end to end. When I get closer, I see that its a small pool. The water is grey, dirty. Dead flies float on the surface. I look down into the still liquid and see myself reflected there.

But not that me. Not the young human girl, timid and heartfelt. A wolf. I bear my teeth and growl, and so does my beastly reflection.

Then there's a noise. Its quiet at first, but I notice it because its the first sound I've heard. It sounds like every tone in the world, every note detectable to the ear, is being played at once. It's beautiful and agonising at the same time. As it gets louder, it seeps into my head, bulges against the inside of my skull, blurs my vision.

On the other side of the pool, a few metres away, it comes, clicking out of the dark. I think I'm screaming, but all I can hear is that beautiful, horrible noise. I can see shadows swirling and dripping from its body like tar as it draws nearer. There's something else, too. Flashes of white fangs. The glinting of a hundred pupils. Underneath it strides a young bearded man. He's screaming too.

I look at it and turn my scream into a howl, reaching over my shoulder for the Wolfblade. But its not there, and I don't have a chance. I can still feel the metallic taste of blood.

The shadow sinks into me, and claims me for its own.

Something flashes as I lose myself to the noise. A word.

J I S H R I M

Then I'm sitting up, in bed. In a room. An inn. The Storm's Landing inn.

I'm safe. I'm sane.

I hug my knees to my chest along with the blanket, and look down at Edel next to me, reach down and brush a lock of her behind her ear. She really is beautiful.

And look - the sun is rising. Warm rays glide through the window and caress me, reassure me.

Shadow is coming. But until it gets here, I will enjoy the light.
:D