Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Enchantment Books

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
As these are out now, just kindly letting you all know that I'll be endeavouring to stock Enchantment books in the Rota Magna market as opposed to enchanted items, for your customization and convienience.

We will also be then offering to burn levels on combining these books with yer items at fair prices.

As in all things, I'll keep you posted.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I'm guessing we'll all be enchanting books from now on and then applying them to tools with an anvil. Takes a lot of the randomness out of the whole enchanting mechanic

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Gambling can lead to better results.

A pick can get Efficiency 4, Unbreaking 3, Silk touch.

Books only get one thing at a time.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Yeeah, but each book has a separate enchant cost, then all the anvil costs.

Just smashing them onto the pick is a single enchant.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
Classic enchant: You pay the one amount of levels in order to get random enchants
+ You might get an enchant that is quite good
- You might waste a load of points, this is unfortunately very common

Book enchant: You pay for the one amount of levels in order to get one regular enchant
+ No risks at wasting points
+ Better reselling possibility if the enchant is not what you wish
- Only one enchant possibility
- Extra level cost to actually attach the enchant to a tool or item.

Edit: Derp, Naelwyn was faster.

D

Dark Auras

With books you can enchant shears with silk touch to get cobwebs which are pricy

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Ooorr. Y'know. They're worthless, since it's pretty easy to get them now.

(In truth, they were only worth about 2r or so beforehand.)

[You can also just enchant shears normally now, for a fairly decent chance of silk touch + unbreaking + efficiency with 30 levels, since they cannot get fortune.]

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
Luck III?
Oh no, my mistake, I meant Fortune III.

Please ignore me if there even is Fortune III >.>

What I am trying to say is that with anvils you can even name workbenches and enchant blaze rods if you want... It's pretty much useless unless roleplaying.

Just an idea:

Golden hoe with Infinity and Flame enchants, and with the name "Basil's Wrath" would be nice :D