Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ethnic Groups Masterthread

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Please let me know if my assumptions on Sincronian immigration involving your nation are incorrect!

Status of Foreign Immigrants in Sincronia

Sincronians value intellect above all else. However, Sincronians tend to hold paradoxial views of evaluating immigrants. Though Sincronians generally want to support immigrants and praise intellectual foreigners, Sincronians are simultaneously egotistical and want to believe that native Sincronians are the cream of the crop. This paradoxial view results in Sincronia sending mixed messages to its immigrant population where immigrants are both supported and distrusted.

Sincronia's extended trade network has resulted in a large and diverse immigrant population settling in Sincronia. The majority of the immigrant population is settled along the coast lines, especially in the major cities along the Serpentine Strait. The immigrant population is as diverse as the trade that passes through Sincronia and is comprised of people from nearly all nations of global economic status. Though new immigrants may cause clashes between ethnic groups, most established immigrant groups have been given enough support and education to prevent ethnic warfare within Sincronia.

Of the ethnic groups in Sincronia, those with the largest populations are from Volopia, New Tiarch, Mechanica Rationalis, Zwerg mit Eisen, and Sprakia.

Volopians: The Volopian population has always been present, as Volopia borders Sincronia, but the population has recently exploded with many refugees from the Volopian civil war fleeing across the border. The Volopian population is most present in the eastern territories along the central sea. Volopians are viewed with some suspicion, following the civil war, but are widely considered hard-working and dedicated.

Tiarchians: The northern side of the Serpentine Strait was once controlled by New Tiarch, but Sincronia took control of the strait long ago in a war between the two nations. Since that time, however, a stable population of Tiarchians has retained a presence in the regions along the strait. Of the ethnic groups in Sincronia, Tiarchians are shown the greatest deal of equality.

Synthetic and Organics: Recently, good relations between Sincronia and Mechanica Rationalis have led to a growth of a population of immigrants from Mechanica Rationalis in Sincronia. The majority of this population has settled in Sincronia for work related reasons and remains reasonably small but is worth consideration. Large groups of immigrants from Mechanica Rationalis are rarely seen outside of the major cities in Sincronia, though they are found in most of the major cities. The paradox of both revering and fearing foreign intellect is most evident in dealings with immigrants from Mechanica Rationalis.

Zwergians: Immigrants from Zwerg mit Eisen have been settled in the southwest of Sincronia for generations. This population is small, but it still makes up a significant portion of the population in the sparsely populated southern provinces. Zwergians living in Sincronia are generally shown respect and gladly worked with.

Spraks: A significant community of Spraks has formed in Sincronia over the years, especially in the northernmost city in Sincronia. Most of the Spraks in Sincronia migrated to pursue economic opportunities that were unavailable back in Sprakia. Many Sincronians are puzzled by the native ways of the Spraks and tend to avoid them, when possible, and simply let them do their own thing.

Last edited:

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Consider southern Volopians to be Scandinavian in ethnicity, increasingly Mediterranean as you go farther north.

Also, having any race-related thread with the word 'master' in it just seems to be asking for it (would have been funny if this was called "Master Race Thread)

ACU20

Legend of Altera
Senturia, with no immigration what so ever to speak of, at the moment is a people notable for broad shoulders and the average height being around 185 centimeters for men, and 175 for women, which are comparable to northern Europeans (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Iceland)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Also, having any race-related thread with the word 'master' in it just seems to be asking for it (would have been funny if this was called "Master Race Thread)
surprisingly, you're the first one to make that joke.

what do you want me to call it, smarty pants? the compilatory?
(I kid, I kid)

LightTwig

Lord of Altera

Legisians are a caucasian race of people similar to the slavs of our world, specifically the Polish, though some inspiration has been taken from Balkan culture as well. The majority of Legisians have fair complexions, brown hair, and similarly brown eyes with no other immediately distinguishable features.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
General description of Morgnathan's: Red hair is common in Morgnatha along with other hair types. Red hair is often a sign of nobility too. Body types; extreme muscles are uncommon or really any muscle tone at all. Obesity is unheard of. Most people are healthy with very slim bodies. Pale skin often covered in freckles.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Yes they frolic if green fields and make a great dwarf & potato stew.
is..... is there a people of Zwerg Mit Eisen?

or is it just dwarves.

General description of Morgnathan's: Red hair is common in Morgnatha along with other hair types. Red hair is often a sign of nobility too. Body types; extreme muscles are uncommon or really any muscle tone at all. Obesity is unheard of. Most people are healthy with very slim bodies. Pale skin often covered in freckles.
so.... Irish?
I was just thinking we needed a celtic group.
I love the celts.

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
is..... is there a people of Zwerg Mit Eisen?

or is it just dwarves.

so.... Irish?
I was just thinking we needed a celtic group.
I love the celts.
Now that you say it- Yes. Morgantha is actually very similar.