Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Grand city] Novus-Harlaus [Abandonned]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Novus Harlaus has been abandonned for far too long, and it's buildings have collapsed...
[OOC : The town no longer exist, and only ruins remains!]
REALM OF NOVUS

History and concept of Old-Harlaus:

-Harlaus was be a crusade-era type city/fortress similar to the medieval arabic cities such as Jerusalem.

Harlaus was to be composed of a large sandstone/sand/stone slabs city surrounding a high and huge stronghold on a small hill, surrounded by 3 small walls. Harlaus used to possess a unique building style related to medieval holy cities, with a mix of european structures. This holy town will feature souks (a souk is a typical arabic-style market), small living districts with narrow streets and high buildings with platforms. Harlaus used to shine from the desert from its opulence, its military power and its size. The castle was to be a both defensive and nice-to-look-at building, with lots of small towers and balconies. Harlaus was an holy city where all the believers of the Great Faith can reach as a pilgrim destination. Harlaus used to be set in the desert.

(As said, this is what old-harlaus in the old world was supposed to be)

Lore of Novus:

Novus is an extremely large region, encompassing the wide forest surrounding the mountain on which Stoneheight was built, several rivers around it, hills and towns, even the Arcturian Highlands, home of Hound-ru, are a part of Novus. It's capital, Novus-harlaus, is the strong point of House Arcturus, and the Legions of Might. Founded by Arcturian pioneers when the second Exodus was happening, it has been since the center of our strenght. Soon, highways and great roads will run all over Novus, with villages, and the sprawling metropolis of Novus (new) Harlaus.

Lore of Novus-Harlaus:

Novus-Harlaus was a city founded by the Archbishop Magnus IV and the Lord-Landgrave Sinclair around an extremely high mountain, on which they first had a large castle built. They had the decision of developing Novus into a center of commerce, a decision that would soon lead the city to become the largest southern trading point. An iconic statue of a Golden Lion was erected in the exact middle of the city of Novus-Harlaus, a monument dedicated to Lord Marcus Arcturus, the famed Lionheart, who considerably extended Arcturus's strength when his older brother, Archbishop Magnus IV, wasn't able to lead due to old age. This city uses an architectural style mainly composed of clay, logs, stone bricks and cobblestone for the smaller and/or cheaper buildings, but deploys all its economical might in its larger builds, switching to clay, marble and stone slabs to display whiter tones, a symbol of holiness for most Arcturians. Roads leaving Novus-Harlaus lead to other cities of the realm of Novus, lands of Arcturus, such as Hound-ru, Skiardo, and the further away cities of Twilight Falls and Folksmight. All of Arcturus's military might was shown in Novus-Harlaus, resulting in a strongly-built and planned city, ideal for troop movements and parades. Rumors also talk of secrets only known to the Griffin's men...

How to reach Novus-Harlaus:

Coordinates:

x: 7717,96086
y: 227
z: 12771,40021

A red wagon at Exodus Warcamp, near the medical tent, can bring you outside Castle Stoneheight, in Novus-Harlaus.

Important buildings list:

(already built being underlined and buildings planned aren't. This list excludes houses and/or player owned smaller shops.)

City center, Lion's statue
Inn
Auction house
Aviary/post office

Court of Law
White Cathedral
Castle-Barracks of the Honora Praesideo
headquarters of the tinker & merchants Guild
Transept of Angels, God's Hand (Dis is a surprise for in a looong while)
Main farmlands
the legion's smithy
the coliseum of Might
the tournament of Might

(more stuff might be added)

Pictures

Pictures will be uploaded soon, when more progress on the city is made.

Joining the city

More player-available shops and houses will be accessible in the near future, when they do are built, an application form will be posted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8976

Hello!It's been a long time and I guess I'm back!I went far north to find my parents old tribe...but the....well our tribes have...been killed.Only place I knew where to go was Harlaus.But when I arrived back an empty desert with the foundations and broken walls of an holy city.I travelled back to where i started Heavens reach small cottages where i could feel warm on cold snowy days.But then when I was fishing I heard some knights talk about Novus Harlaus when they were transporting.They told me to follow them and that's how I got to novus Harlaus.I'm sitting next to Marcus Arcturus the Lionheart statue writing this letter to the Royal members of Arcturus.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Hello!It's been a long time and I guess I'm back!I went far north to find my parents old tribe...but the....well our tribes have...been killed.Only place I knew where to go was Harlaus.But when I arrived back an empty desert with the foundations and broken walls of an holy city.I travelled back to where i started Heavens reach small cottages where i could feel warm on cold snowy days.But then when I was fishing I heard some knights talk about Novus Harlaus when they were transporting.They told me to follow them and that's how I got to novus Harlaus.I'm sitting next to Marcus Arcturus the Lionheart statue writing this letter to the Royal members of Arcturus.
Whats this?

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Good to see you again pal!

psykat

Loyal Servant of Altera
"On a side note, the Traveler shop in Novus-Harleus is RP-orientated for those long distance travelers seeking supplies (RP) and traveling guards.
We will also be having RP events in the future for those who enjoy traveling."

What we sell:
- Traveler Clothing. (Order and I'll have it made in the colors you want.)
- Book and quills. (Hand made, found in shop.)
- Journals, as part of a collection (written by travelers).

What we need:

- Currently looking for any able fighters who seek work as traveling guards. (Further training can be provided.)
- Any discoveries of Altera, written in a journal. (The worth of the find will determine the price we'll pay.)
- Also looking for any trade partners from other cities who wish to join me in creating RP traveler adventure routes.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
The region no longer exist, and only ruins remains...

NovusHarlaus.jpg

Locking :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.