Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Hoptoad

Legend of Altera
So, we're coming up to GTA IV's fourth anniversery. I've had it since June '08 and I have played it for so long, it's easily my most played game for multiplayer. I've got a decent sized group of mates that play it, but only one of them plays it as regularly as I do. Nowadays, we most often play The Ballad of Gay Tony, as the parachutes and doubled height limit are brilliant. I know GTA is far from the best series, but I've had a great time playing GTA IV and I'm well looking forward to GTA V's release.

Does anyone here still play GTA IV? I know it's remained rather popular, so I thought there might be a chance. I play on the Xbox 360, by the way. As the community gets noticeably smaller, I find that me and my other mate get noticed more and more. We join, and some people say they remember us. Other way around, as well, 'cause players we recognise often join too. If you play TBoGT on the 360, I've probably played with you! :D

IMG_0198.jpg

P.S. - I was reminded that I had this picture while creating this thread and thought I might showcase it. I was playing with my aforementioned mate and I had just gone off a jump when a modder froze the game. I felt compelled to take a picture for some reason. The fact that he froze it right then was both a huge let down and awesome at the same time.

Hoptoad

Legend of Altera
I just happened to have an Xbox 360 when I bought the game. My main reason for owning a 360 is because I prefer the console exclusives, like Halo and moreso the Fable series. Also, more of my mates own 360s.

I wouldn't mind getting it for the PS3, if I had one. It would be interesting to play with different people. As I mentioned, the community is getting smaller so I'm often playing with people I've played with before, and I'm hardly friends with any of them. :D

Also, I heard you can't mod GTA IV for the PS3. Is that true? The 360 is plagued with modders that all-too-often ruin the game by freezing it or being dicks (god mode and rocket-firing uzis; it's terrible).

Roaper

Legend of Altera
I have it on the Xbox 360 and I'd love to play with you sometimes. My favorite game is the Half Life Series and after that is GTA series then minecraft so It is pretty high on my list.

Roaper

Legend of Altera
I do but it is on my old account so I will have to buy it again. I have tried to play again but unless I get a group together there is no one to play with. Sadly it is not the top of my priority buying list as I still have to get a new phone charger, Cobalt, The Dead Linger(When it finally comes out), Cube World, and ALOT of games coming out this year.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I just happened to have an Xbox 360 when I bought the game. My main reason for owning a 360 is because I prefer the console exclusives, like Halo and moreso the Fable series. Also, more of my mates own 360s.

I wouldn't mind getting it for the PS3, if I had one. It would be interesting to play with different people. As I mentioned, the community is getting smaller so I'm often playing with people I've played with before, and I'm hardly friends with any of them. :D

Also, I heard you can't mod GTA IV for the PS3. Is that true? The 360 is plagued with modders that all-too-often ruin the game by
freezing it or being dicks (god mode and rocket-firing uzis; it's terrible).
Yep. Thats true. Modding is IMPOSSIBLE in any ways on ps3

Hoptoad

Legend of Altera
Yep. Thats true. Modding is IMPOSSIBLE in any ways on ps3
You lucky buggers...

Though, sometimes I get put in with a modder that's actually a rather cool guy. A couple of times we've made friends with modders, my mates and I. They spawn us cool vehicles and helicopters, and we get to ride in lightning fast cars that can fly. It's pretty sweet.

The worst, however, are more common. They run around with invincibility, while shooting rockets out of an uzi, and speed around in their cars running down the average players. They're just arseholes and ruin the game for everyone. Then, when they get bored, they freeze the game! Wonderful!

Still, you gotta take the good with the bad. I don't know if I'd like to see modding completely removed, but it would change the way the game is played (in free-roam, at least).

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Well im a modder on PC actually a mod developer. Complete the game and you will have 3 lambos in each safe house... If you play the game good.

Roaper

Legend of Altera
I remember when I first played GTA 3 as a wee lad I was sooooooo happy when I got a police car in my garage.

Hoptoad

Legend of Altera
I remember when I first played GTA 3 as a wee lad I was sooooooo happy when I got a police car in my garage.
I was sooooooo happy when I got a Blista in my garage. I bloody love those cars, moreso in GTA IV!

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Well in GTA IV I have like a flying limo in my swimming pool. And 5 Lambos on top of my roof and such.

Hoptoad

Legend of Altera
Well in GTA IV I have like a flying limo in my swimming pool. And 5 Lambos on top of my roof and such.
That's bloody awesome! I find limos difficult to drive, but I have an Infernus parked outside my safehouse in North Holland.

Oh, and I just realised I'm getting my cars mixed up. What I meant was: In GTA III I was real excited upon acquiring an Idaho. The Blista Compact is my favourite car in GTA IV, however.