Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Halendar and the Oaf

Halendar

Lord of Altera
This is my first post of a possibly never ending adventure story about a man living in the wilds of Altera. I am still learning about much of the Alteran lore so I apologize if I get any facts wrong in my writing. Also if anyone has constructive criticism on my writing I would love to hear some feed back.:D

Halendar is a man of 30 years of age living in the wilderness with an Earthspawn. The oafish creature has been a friend to Halendar for many years. He had lived in Port Silver with his father years ago, however that is no was not an option any longer since it is now in ruins. The only opportunity Halendar has now is to make a living hunting and gathering in the Alteran woodland. Dealing with bandits, monsters and other challenges He and his simple friend fight for survival in the harsh unforgiving lives they now lead.

The Birds were heard singing lightheartedly in the trees as Halendar walked the weathered rode through The Sorrow Lands. It was just him alone in the treacherous wilds as far as he knew. His friend had been attacked by a monster when night fell yesterday. He would have died had Halendar not dragged the oaf of an Earthspawn back into their shelter. In fact that is why Halendar is on the bandit watched roads now. He is on his way to the nearest settlement to trade for medicine his friend direly needs.

The road seemed to go on forever as he plodded down the path some miles. A loud crack in the brush a little further up the road stopped him dead in his tracks. He quickly found a hiding spot, but not out of fear. No, he was being cautious as any man should when in bandit territory. Not a moment after he hid did a large Earthspawn wielding a bloodied wooden club appeared from the brush onto the open road.

The birds stopped chirping as the huge creature came lumbering down the trail. It's booming voice cried out, "I saw you coming down road before! At least I think...Ugh! Me no like to think! thinking hard!" He slammed his club on the ground in utter frustration shaking the earth beneath.

Halendar laid low knowing how dumb many Earthspawn can be. He considered this one had grown up in the Sorrows with no education. It would not be difficult to outsmart this beast, but he knew there was no way he would survive it seeing him. There were many possible solutions. He could sneak past the oaf which seemed to be easiest, or he could draw it's attention somewhere else. He looked at his feet, and glanced at all the dry twigs and leaves around him. He decided against waking up the whole forest, and quickly put together a plan to distract it.

The only protection he had was a bow on his back and a measly five arrows in his quiver. If this went sour he would be as good as dead. Picking up a rock he threw it far into the distance. It landed in a pond, luckily, creating a massive noise. The Earthspawn glared in the direction of the commotion, and went off towards the source. However, Halendar was far too impetuous. Stepping on the crunchy plant life beneath him he immediately halted. Realizing his mistake of moving too early he went completely silent. The oaf heard the crunching and quickly returned to the vicinity of the hiding spot. "You think I stupid! I not stupid! You still here!" He roared. Halendar knew it was only a matter of time until it found him. He had to act fast. Glancing up he saw a nearly broken branch on a tree directly above the Earthspawn's head.

Carefully he grasped the bow, and took it off his back. Notching an arrow, he aimed it at where the branch was barely hanging on. Breathing in deeply he set his eyes on the target. Slowly releasing his breath he let his shot fly. The bow string attracted the creatures attention. The Earthspawn peered directly into Halendar's eyes, but it was too late. The branch had fallen, and the massive body fell into the mud. A wry smirk drew across Halendar's face as he stood up in the brush, placed the bow on his back, and continued on his way along the trail.